“Wonderful hotel, exceptional customer service!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save!
Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Wonderful hotel, exceptional customer service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was great...it was very clean, great location and amazing staff! Patrick happily greeted us at the front desk and informed us of pertinent information. He had no issues in changing our room for us as it was right next to the stairs and elevators. We were impressed with the shuttle service which ran from morning until 9:30pm anywhere in downtown Asheville. Patrick drove us that evening and provided delightful conversation...thanks for welcoming us Patrick! The maintenance/cleaning gentleman was also terrific, I cannot remember his name, but we had great conversation as well...he was from Johnson City, TN and use to live in Knoxville years ago. We go to Asheville at least once a year and will not stay anywhere else! Thanks for the hospitality!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville-Tunnel Rd, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your recent stay at our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel! We pride ourselves on having knowledgeable and friendly staff and I am glad they met your needs during your stay. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. Thank you again for choosing Hampton Inn Tunnel Road and we hope to see you again next year on your next trip through town!

Jessica Jacks
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Spent one night in Asheville to enjoy the Christmas lights at Biltmore. Would definitely stay at Hampton Inn-Tunnel Road again. Nice location. Close to shopping and dining. Few short minutes from downtown. Room was very nice and CLEAN! Staff were very courteous--even received a confirmation call the day before to ask if there was anything we would like before we arrived. Now that's customer service! Already planning our next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
waxhaw, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hotel was placed in a perfect location. Only five minutes from all important areas in Asheville such as the Biltmore, downtown and an amazing mall just across the street. The room was clean and the breakfast hearty. My family and I will definitely be back.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville-Tunnel Rd, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments on Trip Advisor. We strive to make sure that every guest has a great experience, and I am glad to see that you enjoyed yourself while staying in our hotel. Our housekeepers do an excellent job keeping the rooms clean and making sure that every guest has fresh bed linen. Hope to see you and your family back in Asheville soon. Have a great day!
Jessica Jacks
Greensboro, NC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Purchased vacation package through the Biltmore website. Website offered several choice of hotels so I checked on-line reviews before making a selection. Most people seemed generallly pleased with this hotel so I slected it. I travel a bit for business, so I stay in my share of hotels. I have to admit that this is one of the nicer hotels I have stayed in recently. One of my pet peeves is noisy HVAC with dust covered coils. The room my family stayed in was immaculate. I plan on visiting the Biltmore again and will definately book this hotel again.

Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is our second stay at this hotel and we have been very pleased with the facilities and the staff. During our last visit my wife left her IPad which the staff held at the front desk until my son could pick it up. This action is typical of the character of the service oriented personnel. We will certainly return.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Mr. Carlos for writing your review. We appreciate that you have chosen our hotel twice to stay at while you visit Asheville. I am so glad that we were able to retrieve your ipad and get it back to you in a timely matter. We always want to make sure that every guest is secure in knowing that if they leave something behind, we will get it back to them as fast as we can. We hope to see you soon, and let us know if there is anything that we can do for you during your next visit. Have a great day!

Matt Stasiowski
Middletown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Overall the hotel was a top notch Hampton Inn. The staff was very friendly and anxious to be helpful. The rate was reasonable and it's only a 10 min drive to the Biltmore estate. The hotel is also near a mall if you have the urge to shop, and there is easy access to and from the highway. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: In any hotel I would avoid a room very near the elevator. The sound of people coming in late at nig...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your warm review. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay while visiting Asheville. I see that you got to enjoy Biltmore, and I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly and courteous to you. I am sorry to hear that the elevator was a little loud during your stay. Please let us know in the future if you are near the elevator and we will get you moved to a room with less noise. Once again thank you for staying at the Hampton inn. Have a great day!
Matt Stasiowski
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This was the loudest Hampton we have ever stayed in. The doors slam when shutting in the rooms. The breakfast did not include a meat. Out of the 12 -15 hamptons I have stayed in this one is second to last..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville-Tunnel Rd, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. We do stand behind our 100% Hampton guarantee. Please contact me and I will make the adjustment. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again. Thank you again for your feedback.

Andrea Coon

Been to Hampton Inn Asheville-Tunnel Rd? Share your experiences!