“A very nice and cozy Hampton” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save!
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in Asheville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Tennessee
“A very nice and cozy Hampton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

A perfectly good Hampton not far from downtown and the mountains. Stay with confidence and expect the usual solid Hampton experience. There a few restaurants just a mile or so away and you're not very far from the lovely Biltmore neighborhood. I would stay here again. Be aware, though, that the busy season in Asheville is fall so the rates go up a bit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains. It's lovely when the fog rolls in but you'll need to vi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We only stayed one night since we were just passing through town. It's a very nice hotel, seems to be recently updated. The AC unit seemed new but was very noisy. The breakfast was the usual Hampton breakfast but the bananas were very ripe and bruised. We were surprised they even served them! The staff were all friendly and helpful. Wish we could have stayed longer to use the nice pool and see the sights around town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I travel a lot in the state of North Carolina for business purposes and I have stayed at this hotel for quite some time in Asheville. This hotel is very nice and and the staff is exceptional. Management team is very friendly as well. Rooms are very clean and the location is great as well. Hotel is very clean and fresh. Home away from home for the past 4 weeks!!! I will definelty come back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had an excellent stay at this hotel. The room was comfortable and clean. The only issue we had was a noisy air conditioning unit.

Nice to return to the hotel after sightseeing and have access to a hot drink and a cookie. Breakfast was also good with a broad selection of items available, mainly cold , but a couple of hot items. Staff were constantly replenishing food items and keeping the breakfasting area tidy.

Front desk staff were very helpful both with helping us with directions to the Blue Ridge Parkway and with suggestions for dinner. We also made use of the shuttle on two occasions and this was driven by two friendly and informative members of staff.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Goldsboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Room was nice, pool and hot tub were just right, breakfast was usual fare but fresh and plenty of it to accommodate all the guests. The only drawback to the weekend was my iPad kept losing connectivity in the room. If I walked down the hall toward the lobby it returned. I finally discovered the secret was not to away from the windows in our room and connectivity wasn't lost. All the staff were very friendly and greeted you wherever and whenever they encountered you in the hotel.

Room Tip: We got the room closest to the pool as we asked for a walk in shower. We thought it might be noisy b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Northern Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hampton is our hotel of choice and this one is fine. What stands out is the quality of the team. Every single member speaks to you and seems to do whatever it takes to please. We spent 3 nights in late September and the stay could not have been better. Our only problem was a funky TV which was replaced promptly while we were out along with an apology note from the maintenance person! I know this attitude comes from the top and I credit Andrea for her visibility and attention to detail. Well Done.

Room Tip: Avoid the pool area unless you're into pools. Try to get an upper floor room facing the front b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

First off I would like to say that the room in this hotel was quite nice so I did not find anything disappointing here. What I was disappointed in was the fact that we had travelled from overseas, there were 3 of us ladies travelling together and I had taken the time to email the hotel beforehand to check that they had a rollaway bed in the room of 2 queen beds - they emailed back that they would do their best to accommodate us.

When we turned up at the hotel in the evening the gentleman on the front desk (Reggie) was answering a rate enquiry on the phone meanwhile rolling his eyes - I did not think this was particularly professional. When he finished his phone call and attended to me, he informed me that there were no rollaway beds. I mentioned that we had emailed the hotel several months earlier to find out if they could accommodate us as we were staying 2 nights and needed 3 beds. I tried to find out if they could find a rollaway bed for the 2nd night as we had been told there were none available the first night, but they could not even tell us that so we went to the room and we discussed this amongst ourselves and decided that we would rather go to a Hotel that could provide either a sofa bed or a rollaway. Apparently even though this hotel is quite large, if you need a rollaway you need to know they only have 3!

We easily found a great hotel within 10 minutes that was quite a bit cheaper and yes it did have the 3 beds - which was great!

I don't like to give up my points as I'm a Hilton Gold Member but obviously it doesn't mean a thing at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
AndreaCoon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am terribly sorry that you were disappointed with our front desk team. As you can see from other reviews we take great pride in providing extraordinary service to our guests and I sincerely apologize that we failed during your visit. I agree that eye rolling is very unprofessional and I will absolutely address that with our team. I also apologize that we did not have a roll away available for you. We do our best to accommodate guest requests. I understand that Reggie called our sister property, Homewood Suites, and was able to get you a room with two beds and a rollaway and you chose to find other accommodations. Thank you again for your feedback. We will use it to improve our service and will try to find other resolutions for this issue in the future. Please let me know if you are coming back to our area and I will be happy to book your reservations personally.

Andrea Coon

Been to Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road? Share your experiences!