“Beware” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbia, South Carolina
“Beware”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2008

I booked this hotel online early last week, received my confirmation number and then cancelled the reservation online later that same day. I received a cancellation number and email as a result. I looked at my credit card online statement on Monday to find that they had charged me $200 as a no show. My room was cancelled and I had confirmation of it from THEIR system but they will not make this right. Beware!

• Stayed July 2008
AshevilleHamptonGM2, General Manager at Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road, responded to this review, March 30, 2009
I am sorry to read about your experience. I want to make this right, please contact me at the hotel with your cancellation number and I will immediately correct this error.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Andrea Behrens- General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Middleport
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

Rate quoted at booking was higher than rate quoted to another visitor at check-in (for the same room). Breakfast area was congested and did not flow smoothly. The new "pre-packaged" and frozen "breakfasts" Hampton's are offering are really sub-standard, not at all healthy and use a tremendous amount of paper, styrofoam and plastic.

• Liked — room was clean and the staff let us change from double beds to a king
  • Disliked — breakfast area
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2008

I stayed here one Sunday night for work purposes. This hotel is definitely not as good as most Hampton Inns where I've stayed.

The room is large and the bed is comfortable, but the TV's remote control didn't work, there were no bags in the garbage bins, and it was tough to find extra electrical outlets for laptop/cell phone charger/etc.

Walls are fairly thin, too. Breakfast was good and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Melanie,

Thank you for being our guest during your trip to Asheville, NC and for taking the time to write a review. We truly value the feedback we receive and use it to continually improve our guest's experience. We have recently upgraded all of our televisions to the new flat panels. We would love the opportunity to serve you on your next trip to the Asheville area!

Andrea Behrens
White Bear Lake, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2008

My daughter and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for 5 nights in May-June. The hotel is nice but not as nice as some other Hamptons I have stayed in before.

The room was ok. The carpet looked liked it was not as clean as it could have been. The beds were great!!

The breakfast area was clean and not crowed at all. The breakfast offerings were very good, all except their microwave items. The pancakes were like cardboard and the items were just not very tasty. Other Hamptons I have stayed at had full breakfasts already cooked and delicious. Hamptons need to get together and do something about these microwave items. All in all the Hampton on Tunnel Road was a nice place to stay.

• Liked — The beds were great
  • Disliked — Breakfast and the pool was cold
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
Elmira, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2008

For a few bucks extra, we chose the Jacuzzi room. After a day walking around Biltmore, we were happy to have it. The room was reasonably clean – not immaculate, but livable. There’s some grout missing in the bath room. Even though the carpet ends a ½ inch from the wall, it looked new. The wall paper and drapes also looked new. Our room was quiet even though it was close to the ice machine, pool and sauna. To me, quiet is a really a huge plus.

Over Packers may have a problem putting stuff away. There isn’t much storage, just one closet and 3 drawers. The bath is very small with almost no space at all. I think the Jacuzzi is taking up most of the allotted space in there.

I’ve never cared for Hampton breakfasts. I must say, this Hampton's breakfast was better than usual. There was a choice of 3 nuke yer own mini breakfast entrees. Mmm, frozen breakfast.

One really nice thing was the 5 page listing of near by restaurants. It’s in alphabetical order with cuisine type, price range, phone numbers and driving directions.

Despite its few faults, this Hampton is a decent place to stay.

• Liked — jacuzzi
  • Disliked — could have been cleaner
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Centennial, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2007

We have stayed at this hotel twice this year - once in August and again the first weekend of Oct. 2007. This is your typical Hampton Inn with comfortable beds, clean and ok breakfast. Hot food has to be microwaved and isn't very good. Carpet in room needed to be replaced or at least cleaned otherwise rooms were nice but nothing special. There is only one small window in the room which doesn’t open which bothers me but my family didn’t care. Price was $50 more for Friday and Saturday nights.
The location was good as it was easy to get downtown and lots of restaurants near by.
One thing I didn’t like was there isn’t a separate business center. All they have is just one pc in the lobby on a very small desk and no printer available. No printer makes it difficult when trying to get directions or your airline boarding passes. Also no privacy as anyone can see what you’re accessing on the computer as they walk by.
We have also stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Feb. 2007. Homewood is just a few blocks away from the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road and is much nicer but no rooms were available there this time.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
ashville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

We visited the Hampton Inn on Tunnel Road, in Ashville, North Carolina in August 12 to the 15, 2007.
The hotel is just wonderful, the staff was great,
and they have a computer you can use to email your contacts.
The breakfast was great , too.
Close to a shopping mall, and downtown Ashville,
great restaurants nearby, Have to eat at the Corner Stone,
Cracker Barrel too. So much to see and do.
I recommend this Hotel !!! and the area.

• Liked — Very nice place to stay
  • Disliked — The hill to climb from your car, if you park in the front
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Asheville - Tunnel Road? Share your experiences!