My husband and I recently spent a 4-night midweek stay at this Hampton Inn and were very pleased. The hotel has been recently refurbished and is clean, attractive and comfortable. It sits off the highway, up a hill, and is surrounded by trees and pretty landscaping.
It is about a 15 minute drive to the Biltmore Estate and to downtown Asheville. Although we used our own car to drive to Biltmore we did take advantage of the hotel's shuttle service to go downtown and out to dinner in the evenings. This was a nice benefit for us, as it allowed us to avoid traffic and parking issues. The only thing to remember is that they would like at least 30 minutes notice when you want to go somewhere or return. This was never a problem for us and we enjoyed visiting with the staff who shuttled us to and fro. (Be sure to check with the hotel as to the hours that the shuttle is available....on our visit it was from 8a.m. to 9:30pm)
The indoor pool/jacuzi area is spacious and very pretty with comfortable chairs. We made use of this area, as well as the adjacent outdoor patio. This was a great place to relax and unwind after a long drive to Ashville.
Just a short drive down Tunnel Road there are many of the usual chain restaurants. There is also an Italian (chain) restaurant right behind the hotel, about a one or two minute walk so no need to get back in the car.
We found the complimentary breakfast to offer a good variety of items and it was more than adequate for our needs. If you are in a hurry they also provide a to-go snack bag with a muffin, bottle of water, breakfast bar, apple and some mints. There was always hot coffee and hot water for tea or cocoa provided. It was nice to come back after dinner and enjoy a cup of coffee along with the complimentary fresh cookies.
Every staff member with whom we interacted was friendly and helpful. They answered all our questions and concerns and certainly enhanced our visit. We felt that we received very good value and would not hesitate to return to this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Tunnel Road Hotel Asheville
- Hampton Inn Tunnel Road Hotel
- Hampton Inn Asheville Tunnel Rd
- Hampton Inn Asheville
- Asheville Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whatever brings you to wonderful and rare Asheville we're eager to have you stay with us at the Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. We are perfectly and conveniently nestled amongst all of Asheville's most popular attractions, including the world famous Biltmore Estate and winery, historic downtown Asheville, and America's most scenic byway--the Blue Ridge Parkway. Once you've arrived at our hotel, you'll enjoy a lot of great amenities waiting for you in your room, including free high-speed internet access in every guest room, handy lap desks, and 32" HD flat-screen televisions. Our recently renovated Perfect Mix Lobby is a perfect marriage of vibrantly blended colors, creating a perfect space to mingle with friends, watch the big game on the oversized HD flat-screen television, or finish up the day's business on plush sofas or the communal table. Our guests also enjoy our complimentary On the House™ hot breakfast, featuring a variety of hot breakfast items and fresh Belgian waffles. If you're looking for relaxation, splash down in our newly renovated indoor pool, melt the day's stress away in our whirlpool spa or maintain your healthy lifestyle in our state of the art fitness center featuring all new Precor® equipment. When you're ready for some rest, hunker down for the night in our comfiest amenity yet, our Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed™. Come and experience for yourself the splendor of the Blue Ridge Mountains at the newly renovated Hampton Inn® Asheville-I-240 Tunnel Rd. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, EasyToBook, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Asheville-Tunnel Rd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.