“Unbeatable location and great friendly service” 5 of 5 stars

Haywood Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Battery Park Avenue, Asheville, NC 28801   |
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Asheville
Davidson, North Carolina
“Unbeatable location and great friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Located in the heart of the Asheville downtown, this may not be the place for you if you want a quiet get away. But if you are like us and want the city experience (including being able to hear the street music in your room) and be able to walk to most of what is great in the downtown area, this is completely worth every penny.

My husband and I went for a weekend without kids and were greeted at the hotel with champagne, followed shortly by chocolate truffles delivered to our immaculately clean room. We came and went all weekend, easily able to pop in and dress cooler or warmer as weather changed, or drop off purchases or left-over food. We grabbed an after dinner cup of coffee with the in-room Keurig and were back out to a wine bar on recommendation of the hotel staff.

Valet parking is free and you can get your car out as many times as you need. They even let us put our luggage in our car after checkout and park it with them for a few hours before we left town.

The atmosphere reminded me a New York boutique hotel, which was a refreshing change from chain hotels. We felt that we did more than we normally would staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We are so thrilled with the time we spent in Asheville and the folks at this hotel added to the experience in so many ways. Everyone was kind and so helpful and the facility is wonderful! Right in the middle of downtown and convenient to everything! Valet parking and loading and unloading of our luggage - they catered to our every request -not an uncomfortable moment. A special thanks to Ed at the front desk for his recommendation for Tupelo Honey Cafe for lunch - it was great! We will definately be going back to Asheville and specifically to Haywood Park!

Room Tip: The room was large and so comfortable - great room service and all the amenities you could want! We...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was an exceptional hotel. It was extremely clean, quite and very, very friendly. The rooms were very large and well maintainede. The persons on the front desk were well informed and helpful about the local attractions.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here a couple weekends ago for a mom/daughter weekend and both my mom and I loved it. Here are some pros/cons:

Pros:
- Fantastic location right in the middle of downtown Asheville. We walked to our spa appt, to all the shopping, and to all the restaurants.
- Staff was incredibly friendly. My mom arrived an hour before I got there and the valet/bellman and woman at the reception desk both knew my name before I said anything. Very helpful and had great recommendations for local restaurants.
- Our room was enormous which I expected after reading other folks reviews. We had a room with 2 queens and a huge bathroom.
- Huge flat screen TV
- Champagne at check-in is a really nice touch. Great way to start our stay.

Possible Cons:
- The hotel is in a building that started as a department store almost a century ago. So it's old and if you prefer a modern place, you might want to look elsewhere. I thought it was neat, but I love history.
- Water pressure in the shower was a little low. Ok for me, but others might not like it.
- Valet parking can be slow to get your car. I wasn't in a big hurry, but if you are, you can call down to the front desk ahead of time and it should take care of it.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again and am trying to figure out when to plan the next trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is not an ordinary hotel. It is an oasis in the center of downtown Asheville. I love coming with my husband and I love coming alone. I have even come with one of my teenage children. I feel safe and pampered. It's a great place to relax and recharge. The staff are both discrete and attentive to every detail. The rooms are luxurious and so so comfortable. Great light, magnificent beds, a couch to stretch out on and windows that go on forever. The bathrooms are even better.... The valet parking allows me to have access to my car without having to worry about parking. I savor any chance I get to stay at the Haywood Park.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at the Haywood Park Hotel twice now and both times were just delightful. Terri, at the front desk, greeted us by our names on the 2nd visit and gave great suggestions on restaurants according to our taste. On the second visit we had our kids with us and although the 2 Queen rooms were already booked when we made the reservation, she put us in a King with a pull-out Queen sleeper sofa. The rooms are very large. Our room had a great view of the hustle and bustle of the town but was perfectly quiet. We plan on visiting Asheville again in the near future and will stay at the Haywood Park again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

What a gem. In the heart of downtown this wonderful is in a great location. The staff was awesome and everything is taken care of for you. Parking, chocolates on your pillow, great suggestions for dining and activities.
The hotel is updated and clean with nods to the department store the building use to be. Very clever.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Haywood Park Hotel? Share your experiences!