“Happy Guest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Woonsocket Motor Inn

Woonsocket Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Woonsocket
Woonsocket Motor Inn
You added Woonsocket Motor Inn to your Saves list
333 Clinton Street, Woonsocket, RI 02895-3214   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Woonsocket
Boston, Massachusetts
“Happy Guest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

After 26 days I can't wait to go home but I must say we had a very nice stay at the Woonsocket Motor Inn. I have been coming here from IDAHO for the last 15 years to visit my mother. This trip was a little longer because we had to get her settled in a nursing home. Over the last 15 years this has been our home away from home when we come to Woonsocket. The staff is very friendly and accomodating, the rooms are very clean overall we have had many nice stays each time we come to town. Woonsocket Motor Inn is next to the library if you like to read and not far from the bike path if you like to walk or ride along the Blackstone River. Each morning I awoke to a fresh cup of coffee and excellent maid service. For as long as I come to Woonsocket I plan on staying at the Woonsocket Motor Inn. I highly recommend to visiting travelers. On this trip since it was longer than usual the Owner gave me a reduced rate a small fridge and a microwave for my room. On occasion he also gave me a ride to the nursing home so my husband didnt have to get up early...........

Room Tip: Take a walk along the Bike Path, visit St Anne's Cultural Arts center and the Mueseum of Work...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel is an older place,however it seems very well maintained. I do travel often for work. Setimes I need to stay at a cheaper place. Rooms are clean tv's are old,but still have a good picture. They have slot of channels. There are no microwaves or mini refrigerators. The beds are extra firm,with no give at all.

• Stayed August 2013
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

My family stays here everytime we come to RI. (Which is 3 or 4 times a year) Reasonable rates, clean rooms and nice people work here. Close to all the things that go on in Woonsocket, also close to my relatives. Going again this weekend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Woonsocket Motor Inn was on our cycle route. It has bars & restaurants across the road, within a 2 minute walk. We went to Chelo's - a typical sports bar. Friendly desk staff gave us free maps and coffee. The picture Ive attached is of room 11. They allowed us to store our bicycles safely. All in all a safe place to stay. No bother.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Because I like to support local family small business, and due to the other reviews here, I booked this hotel. Fortunately it was only one night. It's fine for smokers. And could be less disgusting for non-smokers, IF they would group their non-smoking rooms together. It was impossible to walk down the hall without passing by several heavy smoking rooms, and I was worried that my natural fiber clothes would pick up the smell. Not to mention my hair and skin.
I think that the owners of this place are smokers themselves, and so they don't have much sensitivity to that issue.
Other annoyances: a light bulb was burned out but it was replaced when I complained. The bathroom sink backed up and drained quite slowly. The curtain to the parking lot did not close completely so I pushed the table up against it. Next morning, I saw that the room had probably been used as a smoking room at some time, because the window was completely sooty. There were no tissues in the room, but after walking through the smoky hallway two more times, I was given a tiny box at the desk. The towels were quite well seasoned, and I was glad I didn't need to shower there, since it was just an overnight.
If you are a senior citizen traveler, as I am, and you decide to stay at this motel, you might want to bring some spray sanitizer. I'm guessing that since not even the window was clean, you might want to sanitize the phone and the door handles if you worry about catching stuff.
It is quite possible that the service staff were OK. I didn't try to find out because to get to the desk, I had to pass through the den, uh, hallway of smoke twice for each trip.
Pros: it was quiet with empty rooms next door. Easy to hear conversations from the hallway, though. Lots of parking on a weekend. Half the rooms are ground floor. There is no elevator for upstairs, so if you are elderly you might want to make sure you book a ground floor room. As another reviewer said, choices in Woonsocket are limited, so you might want to check neighboring towns.

Room Tip: If you're a non smoker, try to get a room near the only entrance so you don't have to be exp...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
MGRWOONRI, Manager at Woonsocket Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
We have been in business for many years and by the writers own admission they stayed with us because of the previous reviews. I guess they liked what they saw because they not only made reservations they stayed eventhough they claimed the building was SMOKEY. We are very sensitive to the comfort of our non-smoking customers as we are non-smokers ourselves. We always try to accomodate all of our guests which do include SMOKERS as well as Non-Smokers. Our rooms are not smoking or non-smoking based on demand. Our non- smoking rooms are NON-SMOKING ALL THE TIME and are disinfected with each cleaning. As for the rest of the review I don't think it's worth my time responding to the CLASSLESS person that wrote it. Just read the review again and ask yourself what kind of person would do this. Does this sound like someone you can please or even reason with. I know if the smoke smell was that bad I would not have stayed. I would not be worried about my natural fibers, and hair I would worry about my lungs and leave. I invite guests to come in our motel be our guests for the night in a nice clean smoke free room. SIMPLY PUT THIS REVIEW WAS WRITTEN FOR OTHER REASONS.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at the Woonsocket Motor Inn for 2 nites over the weekend. We had 3 rooms we were going to a family reunion. Everything was perfect the room was very clean the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were half the price of most Hotels in the area. ANY TIME WE VISIT Woonsocket we will stay at the Woonsocket Motor Inn. To all the staff THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the excellent service......

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Schenectady, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

Choices of places to stay in Woonsocket are limited. The reviews and price for the other hotel in Woonsocket were a turn-off. The price of the WMI fit better within my project budget. This place is OK for a night or two. Best for construction-type workers looking for a relatively inexpensive place to stay while working in the immediate area. Also appears to cater to social services housing and the occasional tryst for locals.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Woonsocket Motor Inn? Share your experiences!