“Safe choice.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Woonsocket Motor Inn

Woonsocket Motor Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Woonsocket
Woonsocket Motor Inn
You added Woonsocket Motor Inn to your Saves list
333 Clinton Street, Woonsocket, RI 02895-3214   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Woonsocket
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Safe choice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The Woonsocket Motor Inn was on our cycle route. It has bars & restaurants across the road, within a 2 minute walk. We went to Chelo's - a typical sports bar. Friendly desk staff gave us free maps and coffee. The picture Ive attached is of room 11. They allowed us to store our bicycles safely. All in all a safe place to stay. No bother.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

Because I like to support local family small business, and due to the other reviews here, I booked this hotel. Fortunately it was only one night. It's fine for smokers. And could be less disgusting for non-smokers, IF they would group their non-smoking rooms together. It was impossible to walk down the hall without passing by several heavy smoking rooms, and I was worried that my natural fiber clothes would pick up the smell. Not to mention my hair and skin.
I think that the owners of this place are smokers themselves, and so they don't have much sensitivity to that issue.
Other annoyances: a light bulb was burned out but it was replaced when I complained. The bathroom sink backed up and drained quite slowly. The curtain to the parking lot did not close completely so I pushed the table up against it. Next morning, I saw that the room had probably been used as a smoking room at some time, because the window was completely sooty. There were no tissues in the room, but after walking through the smoky hallway two more times, I was given a tiny box at the desk. The towels were quite well seasoned, and I was glad I didn't need to shower there, since it was just an overnight.
If you are a senior citizen traveler, as I am, and you decide to stay at this motel, you might want to bring some spray sanitizer. I'm guessing that since not even the window was clean, you might want to sanitize the phone and the door handles if you worry about catching stuff.
It is quite possible that the service staff were OK. I didn't try to find out because to get to the desk, I had to pass through the den, uh, hallway of smoke twice for each trip.
Pros: it was quiet with empty rooms next door. Easy to hear conversations from the hallway, though. Lots of parking on a weekend. Half the rooms are ground floor. There is no elevator for upstairs, so if you are elderly you might want to make sure you book a ground floor room. As another reviewer said, choices in Woonsocket are limited, so you might want to check neighboring towns.

Room Tip: If you're a non smoker, try to get a room near the only entrance so you don't have to be exp...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
MGRWOONRI, Manager at Woonsocket Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
We have been in business for many years and by the writers own admission they stayed with us because of the previous reviews. I guess they liked what they saw because they not only made reservations they stayed eventhough they claimed the building was SMOKEY. We are very sensitive to the comfort of our non-smoking customers as we are non-smokers ourselves. We always try to accomodate all of our guests which do include SMOKERS as well as Non-Smokers. Our rooms are not smoking or non-smoking based on demand. Our non- smoking rooms are NON-SMOKING ALL THE TIME and are disinfected with each cleaning. As for the rest of the review I don't think it's worth my time responding to the CLASSLESS person that wrote it. Just read the review again and ask yourself what kind of person would do this. Does this sound like someone you can please or even reason with. I know if the smoke smell was that bad I would not have stayed. I would not be worried about my natural fibers, and hair I would worry about my lungs and leave. I invite guests to come in our motel be our guests for the night in a nice clean smoke free room. SIMPLY PUT THIS REVIEW WAS WRITTEN FOR OTHER REASONS.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed at the Woonsocket Motor Inn for 2 nites over the weekend. We had 3 rooms we were going to a family reunion. Everything was perfect the room was very clean the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were half the price of most Hotels in the area. ANY TIME WE VISIT Woonsocket we will stay at the Woonsocket Motor Inn. To all the staff THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the excellent service......

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Schenectady, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

Choices of places to stay in Woonsocket are limited. The reviews and price for the other hotel in Woonsocket were a turn-off. The price of the WMI fit better within my project budget. This place is OK for a night or two. Best for construction-type workers looking for a relatively inexpensive place to stay while working in the immediate area. Also appears to cater to social services housing and the occasional tryst for locals.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
NE Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2008

After looking at all of the places to stay in the area, we decided to book here because of the reviews here and the price. Two other couples I showed this hotel to booked elsewhere as the person we were visiting recommended NOT staying here.

However, I'm happy to say they were wrong. Hotel was clean, extremely quiet and safe (police station is almost next door). Bathroom was cheaply remodeled, but immaculate. HVAC was quiet, bedding was crisp. TV was good with lots of channels, staff was friendly. We saved a least $40 per night vs the smithfield holiay inn. A brand new Tim Horton's was a few doors down, so good quick, inexpensive food was convenient.
On the downside: Yes, the beds are extra firm, rooms are not up to date(That '70's Show) and it's not exactly an upscale neighborhood.
I give it above average simply for value. Hotels in this area are always well over $100++
If you are looking for VALUE, you won't be disappointed.

• Liked — Clean, great value
  • Disliked — Dated
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

We were very happy with our stay at the Woon Motor Inn. The rooms were very clean, the staff very friendly, and the bed were comfortable. Well go back again

• Liked — Clean rooms comfortable beds
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2005

nice room clean, bathroom was spotless, reasonable rate - but the beds were the worst they were hard as a rock we couldn't believe it when we sat on them, it was just like sleeping on the floor- no one in the family got a wink of sleep they complained about the beds all night!

• Stayed October 2005

Been to Woonsocket Motor Inn? Share your experiences!