“Yummy breakfast and friendly people” 4 of 5 stars

Pillsbury House Bed & Breakfast
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   341 Prospect St., Woonsocket, RI 02895   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Woonsocket B&B and Inns
los gatos, ca
“Yummy breakfast and friendly people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I have never used bed & breakfast places before, but since I was traveling with my daughter, while looking at colleges, I decided to give it a try because I felt it was a little safer. When we arrived, we met another gentleman that stays regularly at the Pillsbury House. There was also another long term (3 months) boarder staying there, which I thought said a lot about the place. The one interesting thing is that the place is in a residential neighborhood.

We had a lovely room with a nice bathroom. We're from California and not used to the heat and humidity, so we were very glad to have the air conditioning. The only thing I've noticed, and this seems to be true in all 3 places we stayed in, is that the pillows were rather uncomfortable. I guess I like a softer, fluffier pillow, and I found everyone's pillows to be on the flat and dense side.

We loved the breakfast. We had some fresh corn muffins, vegetable fritatta, and bacon with fresh fruit and juice. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

13 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We spent two nights at The Pillsbury House. We chose it based on the reviews here and we weren't sorry. It's a basic B&B rather than a fancy one with a theme, and it's clear that it's owned by a single man. Lacks the touch of a woman who would decorate with flair rather than just utility. That said, it was very nice. Clean, comfortable, everything in good condition, quiet, easy to get to, and off-street parking. There are three rooms on the second floor and another one on the third which was being used as a long-term rental while we were there, for a young woman doing an internship in town. Chris was in charge, Roger was away on business, and she treated us like part of her (large, she's one of 8) family. We'll be back.

I should add--we had reservations three years ago to stay here. At the last minute we had a family emergency and had to cancel our trip. Roger was so nice, he didn't charge us anything and was really kind. For that alone I would return; this is a good location and very comfortable to boot.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were nice. All of the bathrooms--added long after the house was built--were funky...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cranston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

Why was I staying overnight in Woonsocket when I live in RI? A friend bid on the Pillsbury Inn and won. Cozy and very private room on the third floor. Roger was very informative and helpful in explaining the history of Woonsocket and the Inn. Had a great breakfast and enjoyed talking with the other guests. This B and B is a welcome attraction to the Woonsocket area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
East Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We wanted a single night stay while travelling. The Pillsbury offered a nice room, clean and comfortable with free WiFi.

We were the only guests on the night we stayed, and so was extremely quiet - and hence a good nights sleep. Roger made us very welcome, and Christine gave us a good breakfast in the morning. Although we did not use it, we were free to use the downstairs living rooms.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Alma, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

The bed in the White Room was SO comfy. We didn't want to get up for breakfast. Glad we did though. Great food and hospitality! Kris and Roger made us feel so at home. Thanks for getting our vac off to a great start

• Stayed September 2010
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2009

We stayed at the Pilsbury House on our wedding night and the next night. We could not have asked for better service and the breakfast was WONDERFUL. Our room was absolutely gorgeous and unlike some B&Bs we have stayed in, it was as comfortable as it was lovely. We liked it so much that we bought a gift certificate for my in-laws!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

I recently stayed at the Pilsbury house and I can't believe there aren't any other comments on this charming and most reasonably priced B&B. Less than 30 mins from down town Providence the rooms are inexpensive and you get breakfast to boot. The proprietor was gracious and most accommodating. The rooms were quaint and spacious -each with it's own unique bathroom.

My family had reserved 2 rooms and when we arrived, the proprietor was nice enough to mention that he'd had a cancellation that weekend so we could have 3 rooms for the price of the two that we had agreed upon earlier! He even asked US what time we wanted to have breakfast. I have stayed at a number of B&B's and have always been 'told' when breakfast was being served. I've never been given the option.

This is definitely the best deal in RI.

Stayed May 2007

Been to Pillsbury House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!