“Been staying at this hotel for 3+ years and I keep coming back!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Been staying at this hotel for 3+ years and I keep coming back!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I have traveled for business for over three years and visited various cities throughout the U.S. staying at a number of hotels during this time, from economy to five star hotels, and would not stay anywhere else in Gunnison! You can always rely on the owners to make you feel welcomed. The friendly and private atmosphere the owners have cultivated are the perfect mix for my continous traveling to Gunnison. You always feel comfortable to strike a casual conversation with other guests, as they are always friendly and interesting, whether in the breakfast area or the outside common area, you are sure to enjoy yourself in a quiet, restful, and clean place - a tribute to the owners and their staff!! It is not uncommon to see guests praticing their putting on the grassy courtyard or enjoying the hottub. The rooms are extra large for hotel standards and not having someone in a floor above or below you makes my stay extra comfortable.
There are a couple of good restaurants within walking distance which is a true convenience when you don't want to drive for a bite to eat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the second building if you want to see very close greenery from your w...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
at78rpm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is not the fanciest motel you'll stay at, but it may be the friendliest. I have a unique experience to share which showed me the difference between this motel and others you might know.

While in Leadville, about 150 miles from this Rodeway Inn, I gassed up -- and got distracted by something or other, and left my wallet on the trunk of my car. Whoops. Not knowing this, I drove off toward Buena Vista. When I got to Gunnison, I got ready to check in...reached around to my wallet...and, in shock, realized it wasn't there. No credit cards. Nothing. No license. No way to pay for the nights I was staying.

Did the owner turn me out? Nope. I had reserved the room using a Chase Visa, but as soon as I realized the wallet was gone, I cancelled the card. But the owner showed such a gentle understanding; I stopped hyperventilating long enough to hear him tell me he'd honor the card I'd reserved with. Need I tell you more? No motel, no hotel, would have gone that far.

That alone -- the concern of the motel's owners -- is enough to cause me to return to this motel when we return to Gunnison.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Both my Mom and I love this place! We have stayed here before - 4 years ago when Andrew first started the business. He and his wife have been the best hosts you can have! The rooms are so clean, environmentally friendly, and great breakfasts! The staff and management go out of their way to assure that you and your family have a pleasurable and nice visit. Oh! Don't forget to bring a swimsuit for the hot tub - and the water pressure is amazing! Reasonable for dogs too! Nice grassy area to walk them.

Room Tip: Probably the best are no pets rooms, but even the pets allowable rooms are comfy and clean.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I've stayed at the Rodeway Inn a couple of times and recommend it. The rooms are fairly large and have the standard amenities. The motel owners and their staff are friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. It's a mile west of town and there's no swimming pool, but I don't regard either of those things as detracting from the pleasantness of staying there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
baton rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Margaret and Andrew were most helpful to Diana and I . Margaret was kind to print out my boarding pass. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed here for one night on the way to Denver. Amazingly good value for money. Clean, simple, large rooms. Hot tub across the car park looked great, although we didn't use it. Surprisingly good breakfast selection, including waffles! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my daughter while visiting my son who attends Western State College. Friendly service, clean room, great rates. What more could I ask for?

Thank you!

Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!