“You won't find nicer owners anywhere.” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Certificate of Excellence 2014
at78rpm
“You won't find nicer owners anywhere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This is not the fanciest motel you'll stay at, but it may be the friendliest. I have a unique experience to share which showed me the difference between this motel and others you might know.

While in Leadville, about 150 miles from this Rodeway Inn, I gassed up -- and got distracted by something or other, and left my wallet on the trunk of my car. Whoops. Not knowing this, I drove off toward Buena Vista. When I got to Gunnison, I got ready to check in...reached around to my wallet...and, in shock, realized it wasn't there. No credit cards. Nothing. No license. No way to pay for the nights I was staying.

Did the owner turn me out? Nope. I had reserved the room using a Chase Visa, but as soon as I realized the wallet was gone, I cancelled the card. But the owner showed such a gentle understanding; I stopped hyperventilating long enough to hear him tell me he'd honor the card I'd reserved with. Need I tell you more? No motel, no hotel, would have gone that far.

That alone -- the concern of the motel's owners -- is enough to cause me to return to this motel when we return to Gunnison.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Both my Mom and I love this place! We have stayed here before - 4 years ago when Andrew first started the business. He and his wife have been the best hosts you can have! The rooms are so clean, environmentally friendly, and great breakfasts! The staff and management go out of their way to assure that you and your family have a pleasurable and nice visit. Oh! Don't forget to bring a swimsuit for the hot tub - and the water pressure is amazing! Reasonable for dogs too! Nice grassy area to walk them.

Room Tip: Probably the best are no pets rooms, but even the pets allowable rooms are comfy and clean.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

I've stayed at the Rodeway Inn a couple of times and recommend it. The rooms are fairly large and have the standard amenities. The motel owners and their staff are friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. It's a mile west of town and there's no swimming pool, but I don't regard either of those things as detracting from the pleasantness of staying there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
baton rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Margaret and Andrew were most helpful to Diana and I . Margaret was kind to print out my boarding pass. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed here for one night on the way to Denver. Amazingly good value for money. Clean, simple, large rooms. Hot tub across the car park looked great, although we didn't use it. Surprisingly good breakfast selection, including waffles! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my daughter while visiting my son who attends Western State College. Friendly service, clean room, great rates. What more could I ask for?

Thank you!

Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Del Norte, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

This hotel was very quiet, very very clean and we really enjoyed staying there. I found it on Expedia and the reason I chose it was I read the other reviews about how nice the owners were and how clean it was and they were right!!! We were in Crested Butte for a basket ball game which got out about 9:30 p.m. We went to the hotel hoping to sit in the hot tub due to my teenagers aching backs from playing ball all day. The hot tub was already closed but the owner (very nice gentleman) said for us to go ahead and use it and he would clean it in the morning instead. This was very accomodating in my opinion. The breakfast was good and a good variety. The rooms were very clean and beds were in fact comfortable.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!