“Not the best place” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Alpine Inn

You added The Alpine Inn to your Saves list
The Alpine Inn
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1011 Rio Grande Rd (Hwy 50), Gunnison, CO 81230 (Formerly Gunnison Ramada Limited)   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Gunnison
Denver, Colorado
“Not the best place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Not sure what the other reviewers are smoking. It is a cheap hotel - 1 to 2 star at best. Beds are like sleeping on plywood with springs underneath. TV's are Tube - time to upgrade. Free internet is one saving grace. Gunnison certainly has to have a better place to stay.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Grand Saline, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Some friends decided to go on a motor cycle trip to Gunnison and we all booked here at the Alpine Inn, Great place to stay, very nice family , the beds are really comfortable. we had a great stay and they really took very good care of our group. Thank to John and Teresa, they were the best.

Room Tip: The only thing I can say is get closer to the back because we had the first room on the first floor...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
hsteacher1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here 7-11-12. We had a king bed room. It was very clean and had everything we needed. I liked the ceiling fan in the room. The staff was very kind and friendly. The price was great, $79 a night. I recommend the Alpine Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Gunnison valley and nearby Crested Butte offer 2-million acres of national forest for mountain biking, hiking, then shopping at unique boutiques. Nearby Blue Mesa reservoir and waters of the Gunnison, Taylor and East Rivers are great for rafting, canoeing, and kayaking. So where do you stay especially if you are on a budget? Alpine inn for our family is the best value in lodging. We have stayed at several other places on the "main strip" and have become regulars at the Alpine, staying at least six times this past year since we have family living the area. If you are driving into Gunnison from Monarch, keep going to the end of town and it is on the left.
This 2-story motel was formerly the Ramada and is now family-owned and operated. They show great pride in its upkeep and it seems as though they are continuously remodeling. Just recently a new patio was added and the front entrance has great curb appeal. Rooms have all the amenities and are very clean and nicely decorated. We have found that prices range from $59 and up depending on the season. There is even a small pool off the lobby area that is great for children but probably too small for lap swimming.
Breakfast is included and served from 6-9AM and I can tell you that Teresa the owner does a great job (milk, by the way is in a frig below the breakfast counter). The lobby area is decorated Colorado mountain style: rustic with pine log furniture and a fireplace. It is a nice area for reading and eating breakfast.
I should also add that there are no "night clubs" that we are aware of in the area. This is a peaceful rural spot. The only structure we saw was a small log cabin/local bar called "The Last Chance" that was on a dirt road several blocks away from the Alpine Inn and there has never been any loud music coming out of this place in all the times we stayed.
In the winter, it seemed like many hunters also stayed here. As for the construction crews who also stay, keep in mind that locals and workers know the best value; and also deserve a nice clean motel with a good breakfast in the mornings.
I gave this motel five stars because it is the best value in Gunnison and has everything our family needs and wants in lodging.

Room Tip: It is 2-story, so if you have trouble walking up stairs, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Canon City, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Staff members were quite accommodating and friendly. The room was basic, but clean and contained all the basics. Nice to have internet at no charge.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The whole hotel is nicely decorated. I especially liked the lobby/breakfast area. The room was very clean and had all of the common amenities. I asked John if he had a corkscrew I could borrow. He was nice enough to look around until he found one and loaned it to me. I slept very soundly in the comfortable bed and had enough room to stretch out with all of my electronics.

I was disappointed in the breakfast. I got the impression from a sign or ad that there would be a full, hot breakfast. I expected scrambled eggs and perhaps more. The only hot things were waffles and whatever you put in the toaster. Also, it would have been nice to have had milk or half-and-half instead of powdered "creamer".

Although it didn't really matter to me, I should comment that my second floor room overlooked some kind of contruction company junk yard. Again, I personally didn't care because I was not expecting to see the grand views of Colorado from my hotel room. But some people might find it off-putting. A first-floor room probably wouldn't have the view I had.

Nonetheless, my stay was a great overall value. On this trip, all I really wanted was a comfortable, clean room with decent coffee along with breakfast. if I am looking for the same kind of thing the next time I am in the area, I would considern staying here again.

Room Tip: The view from a second floor room on the right side (South, I think) might not be great.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

On our family vacation through Colorado we chose this hotel for our stop over in Gunnison based on the good reviews and reasonable price. The reviews are right, the Alpine Inn was really a great value with the clean and well furnished rooms and not to mention the better than typical motel breakfast. If we pass through Gunnison again the whole family agrees we will definitely stay here.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!