“Dinner on a journey” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Dinner on a journey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Was passing through on a business trip on a Thursday night. Being alone, I sat at the counter and ordered the special, Pad Thai. Owner was pleasant and the food was good with a decent sized portion.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Crested Butte, Colorado
“Best Dinner in Gunnison”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I always feel well taken care of when I come to dinner at the Twisted Fork. Such a great selection of choices- I LOVE the brussel sprouts the best. They are not you Mom's brussel sprouts I'll tell you that much. The drinks and desserts are worth the splurge!

Visited July 2012
Westminster, Colorado
“Terrible,Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We went to this place and found it terrible. My wife had the Pho no flavor had to add soy sauce didn't help much. My son and I ordered the Kobe Burger medium done I love rare meat but this was fried black on the outside and raw raw on the inside. couldn't take but a bite or so, told the waitress she was like that's how they cook it. She said she would have the chef cook it some more but I told her I never send anything back to the "cook". No adjustment on the bill or sorry we just paid and left. Never again and I'm passing the word.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Norwood, NJ
“Very disappointing dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were looking forward to a nice dinner after having read so many rave reviews on TripAdvisor. We were very disappointed in our meal. It started out fine with an appetizer of edamame that my husband and I shared. He ordered the fried chicken as a main course. The portion was quite small-a tiny drumstick and thigh and the taste was nothing special. The side dishes were nothing special as well. I ordered a Kobe burger without any seasoning. It was a good cut of meat, but actually needed a little more fat because the burger was dry. When I asked what it came with, I was told that I could have fresh-cut fries. That sounded great, but I was not told that the fries were highly seasoned! When the waitress asked how everything was, I expressed my disappointment with the fries. While she said that she was sorry, no accommodation was made, nor replacement offered. The cost for this very mediocre meal was way overpriced. If in the area again, I will not go back to Twisted Fork for lunch or dinner.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gunnison, Colorado
“Rare Find ! Outstanding Delicious Restaurant in Small Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My daughter was visiting & found Twisted Fork on Tripadvisor listed as a gluten free restaurant. I live in Gunnison but had yet to eat here. After reading the reviews, we could not wait to try it. We were extremely pleased with everything we ordered & thoroughly enjoyed every bite! Friendly & knowledgeable owner, Jay, advised us on what to order & we had fun sharing several meals!
Jay is a chef, but now his wife Lori does all the cooking. Their food is prepared with special TLC using the freshest ingredients. Meals, sauces, marinades are all made from scratch & this is evident when you see the presentation and taste the flavors - a rarity in most small town restaurants. We had the recommended fried brussel sprout appetizer & wished we had more! It was not battered as I had imagined, but marinaded in a soy balsamic reduction & fried with crispy onions. Yum! Will be back for that again! We next chose the veggie noodle bowl which is like a fresh salad over warm rice noodles. We asked for several samples of their dipping sauces & both decided we enjoyed their peanut sauce & ginger carrot sauce best. The veggie bowl had pink pickled slices on top & I asked Jay what that was thinking it was cabbage. It was pickled onions! Delicious! They do their own pickling, too! Next we had their fried chicken which is cooked con-fit ( braised in its' own chicken fat ). It is gluten free since they use rice flour - VERY moist with a crispy crunchy coating. It was served with a small cucumber salad & warm latkes ( potato pancakes) with herbed sour cream. We then shared the Kobe burger cooked medium rare. I asked Jay what type of marinade they used & he told me that they only use salt & pepper to season the meat. Hard to believe since I have never tasted a hamburger that delicious in my life! The meat is soooo juicy & flavorful! We ended the meal with Lori's homemade chocolate coconut ice cream pie served with real whipped cream! Jay stopped by to ask if we had enough to eat! Ha! We were delightfully FULL! I will be back bringing friends & family & my daughter is excited to know that there is a gluten free wonderful restaurant in Gunnison! Bon appetit!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food