“No wonder they are closing” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Eclectic
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: VOTED PEOPLE'S CHOICE BEST DRINKING ESTABLISHMENT! Gunnison's premiere Wine & Martini Bar & Bistro, emphasizing quality local and regionally grown products, top shelf and premium spirits and high end brews. OPEN Monday thru Saturday from 5pm to Midnight. Serving Gourmet Bar Food Nightly from 5-10pm. Happy Hours 5p-7p and 10p-11p $6 Martinis + $6 Wines by the Glass $3 Beers + $4 Well Cocktails
Aurora, Colorado
“No wonder they are closing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Not sad to see this place close. I have never had a good experience with staff here. I don't think that it is EVER OK for a customer to be yelled by a bartender! I don't care how busy it is or crowded. You don't treat people like you could care less if they are there or not. The bartender picked my group out of the crowd and yelled at us that we could not stand where we were standing as we were trying to approach the bar to order a drink. There were many other people standing and blocking the waitress stand than we were and he pointed at my and rudely yelled that we needed to leave. I responded with saying I just wanted to order a drink and he said not right there you don't. I responded that I guess I didn't need to spend my money in this establishment then and he replied, "I guess you don't and I don't care!" Well, good then...I don't. We walked out. Maybe this attitude is exactly why they are closing down. Last time before this, they over charged my credit card and then said there was nothing they could do about it. Good riddance...maybe it will reopen as something far better.

Visited May 2014

“Fun locale, great martinis.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I enjoy going to the Brick Cellar for their martinis. I think they have some creative options, that are unique and delicious! I have never been disappointed when trying a new one and they are generous with the alcohol content. On past visits they had a large menu of 50 martinis where most of them were crossed off or told that they were unavailable. On this visit they had a much more compact martini menu where they were all available. I think it is a big improvement to offer options that are sustainable. On the other hand the dinner menu was also fairly limited and, still, a number of items were crossed off. This, I really don't understand. It is great to have changing menu options, but those should be listed on a chalk board and/or verbally by the server. It makes the business seem overwhelmed or unprofessional when so many things are crossed off. I tried the Pad-Thai, which was pretty good, but priced a bit high. In general, I think their food menu is not yet priced right or a good representation of what they are able to handle offering. The location offers a fun place to hang out with friends and meet quite a few locals. The live music is also nice and not so loud that you can't carry on a conversation at the same time.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greenwood Village, Colorado
“Local, fresh, magnificent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

The Brick Cellar is close to perfect! Combine spectacular mixology with creative, (I mean way creative) cuisine, expertly prepared and presented in a classic modern/western/collegiate atmosphere. Wow. You can't miss here!

Visited July 2013
Gunnison, Colorado
“really?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This restaurant spouts about using locally grown produce and every time I have eaten there, it is obvious that most of what is on my plate originated from the City Market up the street. So maybe that's what "local" means, from the nearest supermarket. Last time I was there the owner was taking my tables order without making any eye contact and playing on her phone the whole time she was there, hello customer service? Between consistently being out of either dinner items, or almost their whole drink menu, I don't think I'll be back again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gunnison, Colorado
“Best scene/food/people in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Every time I go to Gunnison I find myself at "The Brick" more than once. Amazing wine selection, great food (the loaded mac and cheese is a must!), sushi on Tuesday (get the delectable Captain Crunch) and they have the best booze selection in town. Triple that up with an amazing martini menu and best bartender awards year after year and The Brick can do no wrong.

• Visited July 2012