“great place to stay when you visit Miami or the keys or everglades” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Floridian Hotel

You added Floridian Hotel to your Saves list
Floridian Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   990 N. Homestead Boulevard, Homestead, FL 33032   |
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Homestead
Springfield, Illinois
“great place to stay when you visit Miami or the keys or everglades”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I visited Miami, everglades NP and florida the keys in a 3-day itinery. although spending lots of time driving, this hotel is fantastically at the center of these locations. Across the street of this hotel, you'll also find a little shopping plaza with Publix (grocery chain), fast food restaurants, gas stations, etc very conveniently. can't ask for too much. Homestead may not be the best neighbourhood in Miami however I feel the area where this hotel is, is fine. All the staff members are being extremely friendly and helpful. I forgot my water bottle in the front desk and it was found and kept for me. They offer high quality hot breakfast too -- it certainly deserves every penny that I paid for it.

Room Tip: find the rooms that are facing the pool
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel really surprised me. I was greeted very kindly by several staff members upon arrival. The room was clean, the breakfast was very good, and the pool was very nice and clean. I would stay again.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here two nights. Got a good deal online. Front desk suitably pleasant and professional. Good coffee in clean, smart-looking lobby.

Free laundry! Hooray, I told manager at desk. Laundry room with two washers and dryers had no security door, anybody can come in. No detergent available. Rinse cycle did not work on one machine. I reported this to manager and he advised me he knew that, a technician would come in am. (It would have been a courtesy to relay that upon checking in. ) also, some people were doing laundry before me and drove in and out to tend to it, which made me wonder if it was serving as a community laundromat. . . A minor complaint as it was free and I was grateful to wash a load by machine after hand- washing for a week. But you should know this if this amenity is the most interesting one to you.

Our room wasn't ready, that took 15 min. We did arrive after check-in time. Bathroom walls had a little grime near toilet. I was able to get some of it off with wet toilet paper which makes me wonder how often they clean those areas. It's a small bathroom and not a lot of wall. Picky? Maybe. But I used to clean houses for grocery and gas money so I can't help noticing those things.

Bed comfortable. No blanket, just a sheet and my husband and I regularly engage in temperature wars so I went to front desk to request a blanket. He got me a couple of what looked like comforter covers, as the housekeeping staff had gone home and somehow that was all he could provide. Unorthodox but they worked. Nice big mirror in room. Good lighting.

Rooms not soundproof, but the air conditioner unit masked any parking lot noise. Nice big window in room.

Full sized coffee maker. Don't depend on maid service to clean the carafe or provide a clean one the next day.

Good eggs at breakfast. Limited tea selection. Nice fresh fruit and clean environment.

Didn't try pool. Grounds well-kept with a gazebo, and it was lovely to read my Bible and journal outside.

Overall, it was a good value and I'd be willing to stay there again if we got the same deal.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Locally owned and operated. My friend booked this hotel and I was not sure what I should expect. Needless to say I was really impressed. Great price, clean room, friendly staff, adequate breakfast bar and free laundry. Well maintained landscape, gym and also has outdoor pool. Will definitely go back again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I walked in the door 12 minutes before 3 and I was made to wait til exactly 3 to check in with a dirty, and tired two year old. That is not customer service in my book at all. What was the extra 12 minutes really going to take from them.

• Stayed December 2014
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Look like I was at a different hotel than "infcea." We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Breakfast is a superior one; the ladies in charge of it were very pleasant. Everybody was friendly and polite. It is a remodeled old hotel with a great rate for the zone. You will enjoy your time here. Coffee, tea and fresh fruits are free 24 hours a day.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was a nice surprise to find friendly staff, really clean rooms and even a full size coffee pot in our room. The free breakfast had a huge variety of choices, and even had real eggs and fresh fruit. Since it was race week-end, the manager decided to have a free BBQ for guests, with great food and free drinks. I was a bit nervous as to whether I chose the right hotel online, since it was not a national chain yet we found the hotel better than anticipated. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Floridian Hotel? Share your experiences!