“HIGHLY RECOMMEND - The Floridian Hotel - UNDER NEW MGMT” 5 of 5 stars

Floridian Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   990 N. Homestead Boulevard, Homestead, FL 33032   |
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Homestead
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“HIGHLY RECOMMEND - The Floridian Hotel - UNDER NEW MGMT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

HIGHLY RECOMMEND:
I came to Homestead, Florida from Pittsburgh, PA with my boyfriend who took a short-term job at the local Power Plant. We spent 3 weeks at The Floridian, before moving in to a Condo, and were VERY happy with the Accommodations, Helpful Staff and overall Excellent Service. Our room was surprisingly spacious, and included a Mini-Fridge, Microwave, Ironing-Board/Iron, and Hairdryer. All in good working condition. The Pool area was always spotless, with several small Tiki-Hut style table seating areas, and plenty of lounge chairs for catching some rays.

The Maintenance, Housekeeping and Front-desk Staff were all extremely Courteous, and attended to our every need. The Service at this Hotel is it's greatest asset! GREAT PEOPLE and GREAT SERVICE.

PLEASE NOTE: This Hotel is currently under NEW MANAGEMENT and is currently (October 2012) undergoing many changes and upgrades, including adding a brand new Work-out Facility, new Outdoor Patio Area and Meeting Room.

Location is FANTASTIC! It is directly across the street from a great Strip-mall. Just a quick 2-minute walk across the street and you've got just about everything you could possibly need: a Grocery store, Pharmacy, Dollar Store, UPS store, Hair and Nail Salons, Fast Food Restaurants, Pet Supermarket, Clothing stores, and more. Other nearby locations are Southland Mall and the Prime Outlets, and Miami is only 40 minutes away and it's only a 3-hour drive to Mile-0 Key West!

I highly recommend this Hotel.

Don't be afraid to ask for anything you need...
They will take care of you, at The Floridian. :)

Room Tip: If you like a Big Bed - get a King room. The Beds are HUGE :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
FLORIDIAN990, General Manager at Floridian Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Having you stay with us and giving such a Glowing Review makes the hospitality business such a rewarding field. From the Management and Entire Staff we all say to you......THANK YOU!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I recently relocated to the Miami Dade area and stayed in a few area hotels in Homestead while deciding exactly were to call home. I stayed in quite a few hotels before coming here to the Floridian and can honestly say this was by far the best hotel from all the ones I visited.
The rooms were clean and spacious, the staff courteous and always very helpful. The continental breakfast was lovely with an assortment of bread, donuts, waffles and English muffins in a clean comfortable freshly decorated breakfast section. While there is much construction happening, the construction did disturb the quiet and comfort of the stay. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to visit the Homestead area. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
It was a pleasure to have you at the Hotel. We have been looking forward to see you again and have you stay in one of our New VIP rooms that will delight you even more then your last visit, we the Management and Staff say....Thank You
Menomonie, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Yep, couldn't get into our room for almost an hour because the lock was broken. Needed to go front desk twice before someone came and fixed it. It was hot out and not happy we had to stand in the sun to wait. Air wasn't even on in the room when we finally got in. Had to decide if we wanted to charge our phone or use the the microwave. Ice machine didn't work real well. Breakfast was a joke, pre-packaged items and dry donuts. Coffee and apple juice were the only drinks available. Hotel employees were rude and not very helpful. Will not advise anyone to stay there.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I found myself unable to continue driving towards the Florida Keys and we decided to spend the night at this poor excuse for a hotel or motel. What a dump!!
I called from the parking lot prior to checking in just to see if there was air conditioning, wireless internet and some sort of breakfast. The only thing they had was beds, of course. Even the beds were extremely uncomfortable and when additional pillows were requested, the answer was: We got none!
I was given room 217 which had no functioning air conditioning. I was transferred to room 221, where the air conditioning also did not work. I finally ended up in room 237 where the air conditioning worked and was able to take two pillows from the two previous rooms, so I got my pillows. Breakfast consisted of nothing but bad coffee and an instant oatmeal package. There was no hot water or milk to eat the only thing available for breakfast?
I paid $77 for this? What a joke!!
No manager was available at any time.

Room Tip: You are better off staying in your car.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel march 31 to April 3...I coud not find anything else at the last minute on spring break....I payed $87 per night Monty down the drain...this place is like cheap motel the staircase are super dirty the pool looks it has never been clean I did not near it...the breakfast sucks and the and lady that works for it mean and unfriendly and keeps watching people take food...the so called breakfast...bread a few bananas...and bottle juice that everyone takes...the worse....the only nice thing is the cleaning lady she deserves to work in a better place...(the younger cleaning lady) I hated this place the guy that check out is sooo unfriendly....am so glad I have time write this review...I was looking forward to let everyone know how bad is this place.

Room Tip: None...do not stay here
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
South Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed for two nights to visit the Everglades and later we went to the Florida Keys.
convenient location surrounded with supermarkets, drugstores and restaurant chains. Good for the price almost all staff is bilingual. Facil de comunicarse en castellano.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Our base is Miami but we decide to stay at this place one night because we have an early morning snorkeling trip in Key Largo, 45 minutes away. Do not let the front picture of the hotel deceive you. This is a typical motel setup. Room front door is on communal front balcony. The garbage bin are filled and ice machine is broken. None of this bother me because we only see all this in the morning as we get there at 10:00 PM and leave at 8:00 AM-- $65 for 1 night sounds right!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Floridian Hotel? Share your experiences!