“Poor Conditions” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Homestead

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Homestead to your Saves list
Days Inn Homestead
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 South Homestead Boulevard (US 1), Homestead, FL 33030   |
Ranked #9 of 15 hotels in Homestead
Homestead
“Poor Conditions”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The room I was staying in had a broken lock, the telephone didn't work and the pool was dirty.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

183 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Homestead
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Not worth a dime, filthy rooms, spider on phone, nearly empty toilet paper roll upon arrival, black stains on tub and the rudest desk clerk who literally barged into my room and kicked us out as my 8 month old baby was napping

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Hammond, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Let me begin by saying I travel frequently. I have stayed in well over 100 hotels across the United States and more than 10 in Europe. In that time, across all that traveling, I have never felt it necessary to review a hotel - good or bad.

First of all, I would like to say that the front desk staff was very helpful and courteous. Unfortunately, the positive aspect of this stay ends there.

The first hotel room I was given was filthy. Garbage from a previous occupant was left in the bathroom garbage can. The bathtub looked like it was in need of a good scrubbing and disinfecting. The walls in the bathroom were stained with both dirt and rust. Immediately upon entering the bathroom, a live beetle-like bug was noted on the floor. I also noted a dead bug on top of the refrigerator (which I identified as a bed bug - unfortunately, not until I returned home). This was my first time in southern Florida and my first encounter with a bed bug. Being unfamiliar with Florida insects, I did not think much of it until two days later when I noticed itchy red bumps on my left arm and neck.

I am very tolerant of sub-par hotel accommodations and had just spent a full day hiking in the Everglades. I decided to just suck it up since I had a full day of driving ahead of me the next day. The final straw came when the toilet clogged and almost overflowed. According to the front desk clerk, another room was currently having a similar issue. The clerk was very understanding and immediately provided a new room.

The new room was cleaner but only marginally. The second bed was missing the comforter and only had 1 of 3 pillows. The carpeting literally felt soiled and baseboard molding was actually detached from the wall in places.

The absolutely UNACCEPTABLE aspect of my experience has to do with the Peach tree lounge nightclub that is attached to the hotel (which I see has been addressed multiple times). Incredibly loud music and rowdy patrons filled the adjacent parking lot. The noise was loud enough to hear over the television in my room. There is a locking gate dividing the front and back parking lots - which I found to be very odd. After reading the reviews on this and other sites it is apparent that this has been an on-going safety issue that the management of Days Inn has addressed by installing this gate. With that said, I never saw this gate closed, let alone locked. Something else I find odd is that the business cards in the lobby of Days Inn also bear the name and logo of the Peach Tree, yet the reviews and corresponding replies from Days Inn make it sound like the Days Inn is separate from this establishment.

Bottom line: I did not feel physically safe in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hilton Head, South Carolina, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stopped in Homestead, en route to Key West - so we just reserved a cheap place to stay.
This place was gross! I didn't even want to take a shower b/c the tub was so dirty w/ stains.
The FD attendant was nice and made sure we had a room far away from the "club" - whoaaa not a place I'd go without a personal security guard! LOL
Couldn't wait to get out of there and get on the road to our final destination, which was amazing!

Room Tip: if you have to stay here - request a room far away from the dance club