“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Homestead

You added Days Inn Homestead to your Saves list
Days Inn Homestead
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 South Homestead Boulevard (US 1), Homestead, FL 33030   |
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Homestead
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our room was disgusting. It was dirty, smelled, the curtain rod was falling down, the bathroom was foul, smelling of urine (we had to request and spray bleach over all surfaces to rid of the smell) the tv cabinet was sticky to the touch, a bug skittered out when pulling back the sheets (it resembled a cock roach but was too quick to get a good look). The electrical outlets need updating. I woke up with 2 bites on my arm. The room was very outdated and worn. The female working the front desk and another male employee (or employer?) were unprofessional, playing and giggling in the back room, until we got their attention. Had we not been on bikes, we would have slept in our vehicle.

• Stayed December 2013
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, General Manager at Days Inn Homestead, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear kosped Thank you for taking the time to respond on trip advisor I like to apologize for your stay not meetinf your expectation. I have read over your comments and have been checked the room and had housekeeping check the room as well. The owners are in the process of upgrading the hotel, we have done over 60% of the rooms and regret that the room you were given didn't meet your standards. I have shared your feedback with the staff to insure we provide the upmost service to all our guest. Agian I apologize for your stay and thank you again for sharring your feedback, it's feedback like yours that will help us in improving the hotel and service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lowell, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

If you can avoid Homestead I would. But this hotel was pretty gross.
We got there at noon and we were the only ones around and I asked what time
we could get a room and she said 3 - My wife had to use the bathroom and used the lobby
restroom. She said the toilet was filled with crap and was a complete cesspool
We were going to the Everglades for a day trip so we decided to stay close.
This hotel is close, but pricey for what you get. Our room was musty and the floors were damp.
Shower dribbled, breakfast was ok but room was so small we had to stand.
Pool was ice cold. We went to Taco Bell nearby and it was filthy.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, General Manager at Days Inn Homestead, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Ryan B Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, I have checked the rest rooms in the lobby and completly changed out the toilet due to rust stain. The bathroom is also being upgraded. The hotel owners are commited to improving the quality of the hotel, I apologized that you visit to Homestead, Fl didn't meet your expectations, however all of us in Homestead, Fl are working very hard to improve the City and the area of the hotel.
Niwot, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel is really just a tired and dated "Holiday Inn" from the 60's. Priced at $76 from hotels dot com the desk clerk claimed a rack rate of 100+ Operator at hotels dot com claimed it was the last 2 rooms (which was a lie) and that there would be one night charged no refunds which is not the hotel policy. One might want to skip this one and try one of the other hotels in the area. Not saying that they will be any better but given the general rundown nature of the place, you might be better off elsewhere. Tile grout moldy, sink doors falling off. Sink faucet was badly corroded. Microwave top dented. TV remote didn't work. (but they did fix it) TV cabinet doors missing. Outside door surface was filthy, carpet could have been cleaner. Luggage stand was badly corroded, some of the ceiling was falling down in the bathroom. Although the shower curtain rod was falling off the wall the shower curtain seemed new. I've seen worse. Next time we would ask to see the room and then if it was acceptable, ask for the h dot com rate.... some rooms are likely better than others The bar restaurant was kind of a dead looking place.... Ice machine was broken but the bartender had ice. Covers on AC units we're all dented. On the positive side the staff was friendly, the grounds looked pretty good and we didn't see any cockroaches. Walls were freshly painted and there were not any off smells. Perhaps new owners recently bought it and are trying to fix it up. We survived, but we likely won't try another Days Inn...

Room Tip: Don't pick 143
Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Leftys_do_it_right , I want to thak you for sharring your feedback, the owners and the entire staff are dedicated to continue to improve the hotel, we are not just painting walls but are replacing many case goods, beds, tv's and carpet in all guest rooms. I apologized that it's a timely process, but are commited to getting this done. Again my sincere apologies and thank you again for your feedback.
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We checked into the days inn a day after Christmas because all the other hotels we had considered were booked and those that were not booked were unknown and shady looking.

Pro's:
Clean
Generally quiet

Cons:
-Rooms are small for 3
-Breakfast sucks and a lot of the items were empty. Breakfast room was stuffed with people. It was completely inadequate and uncomfortable.
-Weird damp smell in the rooms
-shower had no pressure and shower head was broken

Bottom line: I would never willingly stay there again. My biggest complaint is how overpriced it was. This hotel normally goes for 60-70 a night and we payed over 120. I could pay 70 more and stay at the Hilton and I would've if I could've but due to our error of not pre-booking, we were stuck at the days inn. If we had payed 60 to stay here I would've given it 3 stars. However for 120 dollars?! I was appalled.

I would never recommend staying there.

Stayed December 2013
ReneMiamiHyattPlace, General Manager at Days Inn Homestead, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Neena R I apologize that your stay didn't meet your expectations, I have shared your comments with the staff. We are working very hard to improve the hotel and constantly upgrading items in the hotel every day. Again feedback like yours is what helps continue to improve on there areas thats needed.
Thank you again again and my sincere apologies.

Been to Days Inn Homestead? Share your experiences!