“Authentic, but ...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 141 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Mexican
“Authentic, but ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Authentic Mexican food. Huge combo plate helpings. That said, the tamale was extraordinarily dry, as was the rice. Other items such as the chicken taco, the taquito, and refried beans were excellent! Warm chips would be an improvement, too. Service was excellent, and pricing was very reasonable.

Visited May 2013

Cutler Bay, Florida
“truth is stranger than fiction. . . this is not even close to what is available within 7 minutes if you are looking !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

the food is mediocre to awful. . .we don't know how they're surviving. .. was recommended by someone who we are now convinced doesnt eat out. . . .they would never recommend a place like this if they had been there. . . hopefully, there is a good reason

Visited March 2013
Miami, Florida
“worst experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Yesterday after eating lunch, I left my phone on the table, when I reurned 10 minutes later it was gone. Cameras shows that my waitress was the ONLY person who cleaned my table but not clear image of her taking my phone. Luis Aguirre, the owner, sided with the watress all the way. That was the worst experience I've ever had at a restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Homestead, Florida
“Homey neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My dining companion and I were headed to another Mexican restaurant in Homestead and we passed La Quebradita Taqueria. I said I always wanted to try it so we turned around to check it out. It has a really cute outdoor patio but it was a little chilly for that. The servers were very friendly and spoke English. The menu has all the traditional faves on it plus seafood offerings. We both had fajitas. Everything is clearly homemade--the salsa has a bite to it but isn't flamethrower hot, the tortillas are fresh, and if you ask for something (like no green peppers) the food comes that way. Portions are generous and not over-salted. I had enough leftovers for a great lunch at work the next day.Prices are very reasonable, especially the lunch menu. You can get lunch items for $1 more at dinner. We will most defitinely go back. I want to try their BBQ ribs next.
Decor is lacking, but this is a great neighborhood restaurant and can be appreciated for what it is.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The best shrimp tacos you can eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for real Mexican food, this is the place to go. The shrimp tacos and fish tacos are excelent. They also have horchata. The prices are very reasonable too.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere