“Firt class hotel” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Erlensee, Germany
“Firt class hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

first-class hotel! In april, we stayed in the hotel. it was just beautiful. I would almost say that the hotel was the best chain-hotel, where I was before. it is very new, very modern and has a good location.
The rooms are very cosy and large. The Internet is complimentary and has a good quality.
We will surely come back!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardHomestead, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
We are most certainly fortunate to have such a beautiful property to work- we agree! Our team sincerely enjoys our guest’s feedback, and actively pays attention to our guest’s responses. You had the positive experience our team strives for everyday; comfortable, memorable, and enjoyable- Please do come back and see us- we look forward to your return!

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
clearwater, florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

An oasis in a desert of "not so great"...we were so happy to pull up to this new, modern hotel. Located in a newer area of town, it boasts a gorgeous lobby, a great outdoor area and even a small restaurant that has terrific hours for us early risers. Super service from Genesis at the front desk and James at the cafe. Everyone so accomodating. Our room ended up next to the elevator, and a quick call to Genesis had us moved in less than 5 minutes, and with a smile to boot. Room was lovely, with really cool decor and great lighting. Nicer than my own home! Huge bathroom. Great water pressure. Seriously, there was nothing not to like here. My compliments to Marriott and the stellar staff at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CourtyardHomestead, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We are quite happy you pulled up too! Your comments are such a great way to begin the day here at the Courtyard Miami Homestead. We know our guests are very busy when they return home, and the fact you took valuable moments to write this review is most appreciated.

Genesis and James are two exceptional associates we are so proud of. We are lucky to have a staff as dedicated and committed as we do. We will most certainly recognize these associates for their "Spirit To Serve" our valued guests!

Please do come back to see us, we would enjoy the opportunity to serve you and your family again in the future!
Gaithersburg, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We loved everything about this hotel. Super sleek and pretty lobby, amazing staff and the rooms are so big and gorgeous. We were going to spend a night in Miami but decided to stay in Homestead. It's super convenient to Key Largo and everything in between. We will be back

Room Tip: We stay on high floor away for elevator and ice machine. Didn't hear a peep.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our Homestead Courtyard By Marriott Property. We are most certainly appreciative of the feedback! We are glad you find the unique design of our property sleek- and the rooms quiet and comfortable. The staff is always excited to welcome our "Florida Keys" travelers. The "Florida Keys" are right in our backyard- and we encourage our guests to come visit us, and see what all there is to do around Homestead and the Keys. Thank you for the fantastic comments- and we look forward to your safe return in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Courtyard Homestead is a great property in a great location. The only downside I would say is the hotel is in the sight line for the recent brush fires. We woke up everyday to our car being covered in fine ash from the fires. This is a great place close to great restaurants and cool things to do. We went to Key West for a day, and spent one day local just checking out the Robert is here fruit stand, and the Croc farm-which was overpriced but still a good time.

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor room at the north end of the hotel-no problems with noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardHomestead, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and sharing the wonderful comments through Trip Advisor. Homestead is a great location, as we are close to the Keys, Everglades, Novelty attractions like 'Robert Is Here Fruit stand', and the Alligator Farms. It sounds like you were able to experience all of them! Bravo! The Brush Fire was a little unexpected, and we do apologize for the inconvenience it caused you with ashes on your vehicle. We were actually discussing this after it happened, and decided next time we will have someone out front with a 'blower' to clean off the cars (but hopefully that was a onetime thing!). Thanks again for these comments- we truly do appreciate them!
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Service was amazing. I give these people a lot of credit on the feel of this place. Outside terrace is nice and relaxing for morning coffee, not the typical outdoor space. Nice set up, nice furniture, fountain. Well done this time Marriott! Room was VERY spacious! We were just here for a night as we passed through, but would definitely return if we are in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us! It sounds as though you were able to enjoy the many amenities and perks this hotel has to offer. The staff here truly cares about what they do- and I'm glad it shows. Thank you for staying with us, hopefully we will see you soon!
Princeton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was very excited to see this hotel open in Homestead. I am in the area 4-5 times per year, and was happy to find seemingly good hotel south of Kendall. Sadly, my experience with the hotel has left a bitter taste in my mouth so strong that I can't make myself book it again.

It's a decent hotel and my initial opinion was quite good, all things considered. It was a bit pricey for the location, but the hotel came across as being very modern and convenient. Most of the staff was terrific... most.

I booked the room through the Marriott website, purposefully opting for a king room with a separate seating area. My trips to the area are usually a combination of work and family and I almost always bring my tween son with me. Nonetheless, I always work when I am there. I needed the separate seating area so that when my son would go to sleep, I could get a few hours of work done.

Upon checking in, the night desk clerk told me the room I booked didn't actually exist. There was a mistake on the Marriott website and they had no suite-type rooms. He then went on to tell me that there were no king rooms available. I was willing to take two queens, but was very upset to hear that none of their rooms featured a separate living space or couch. As such, I was only able to get about 10% of my work done in the evening, which made my days very difficult to balance. He claimed to have felt bad about the mistake and said he would give me a lower rate on the room type.

It turns out, he lied. I suspect that his assumption was that as a woman traveling with a child, my business needs weren't particularly important.The last day of a five night stay, I discovered the room directly across the hall from me was the room I had originally reserved. A room that was only booked for one of the nights I was there. Furthermore, the so-called lower rate turned out to be more expensive. When I approached the front desk to complain, I was basically given a dismissive response by the assistant manager. I was offered a small discount on a food charge and 1500 Marriott points for a five night stay that made my trip significantly more complicated than it needed to be.

I am a small business owner that needed to be able to depend on a particular type of accommodations. I generally stay at higher class hotels, but was willing to give this hotel a chance because of its location. It was a good hotel (although the pool temperature was a huge problem), but the hotel management clearly decided my needs were not as important as some other guest. As much as I would like to go back to the hotel, it has been made clear to me that, as a woman, my needs were not particularly important. I'd rather stay at a hotel with a better customer service ethic than this one.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere if you aren't traveling with a man.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardHomestead, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to share your experiences with us. It is our commitment to resolve and quickly respond to any guest complaint such as yours. As a guest of ours YOU are of the utmost importance to us- and your experiences will in fact help us grow. We continue to learn from our guests every day the ways we can improve and do better at our jobs. Since your comment our website has been updated, and now describes the correct room type and layouts for each room. This must have been so frustrating for you, and I am sorry that you had to experience this at our property.

We have also enhanced our front desk training program. It seems as though many of the problems you had mentioned are closely tied to associate training- and not to intentionally disturb your business travels. Be assured we pride ourselves on enhancing our associates skill and abilities to handle any and all scenarios that pop up on property. Your comments will most certainly be an asset to use as we go back to our associates with real world experiences at their front door.

I am so very sorry for the burden you had experienced. I guarantee if you would come back to see us we will prove just how far we’ve come. If you look at some of the other comments on this site alone, you will see we are trying our best every day to show our guests we care and are committed to a memorable experience. In your case- we let one fall through, and I am indebted to ensuring we make it up to you.
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed here between our two days in the Everglades and as many have said, it was ideal. Well located to the major roads for access both to the main park as well as other attractions, airboats and Shark Valley, off US 41. As for the building itself, lobby and rooms very nice and modern. I thought well design to use room space efficiently and effectively. Felt bigger than it was. Very clean and just very new. Staff was very helpful as well. Would definitely stay here again. Lobby area was great with big screen TV's. Also nice outdoor sitting area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad you chose the Courtyard Homestead Miami to stay on your way to explore the Everglades! We are glad you found us the perfect spot to relax after a log hike in this remarkable area. Being that we are about 15 minutes away it truly is an easy commute,

Our housekeeping staff truly does have a passion for what they do, and from your comments you noticed it too! I am always excited to share these comments with them.

Please let us know when you are planning to come back and visit. We enjoy our guests, and are excited to become a tradition in their family vacations!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead? Share your experiences!