“Clean and Modern” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Warwick, Rhode Island
“Clean and Modern”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a five star review due to this being a brand new and very modern hotel. Very nice sized room, stylish decor, and clean. We used this as a base point to stay and then drive to Key Largo and Miami for the day, much cheaper than the keys or Miami during the holidays and peak travel time.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardHomestead, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased that you found our hotel to be a convenient location for your travels and you enjoyed your room. We are thrilled you enjoyed the newness of the hotel as much as we do. We look forward to your quick return and wish you happy future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had 3 King rooms booked more than 6 months ago and we got 3 Queen rooms without informing us at the Check in. As soon as we realized it, we went back to the reception to request King rooms. The receptionist told us that the hotel was full and that they sold too many King rooms! After a discussion at the reception, we finally got some excuses and a 25 $ voucher per room for the breakfast. This was for sure really disappointing for such an hotel.
The room was however really Nice and big and we could see that the hotel was brand new. We also tried the swimming pool and the fitness room. Nothing to say about the swimming pool, it is good to have one. In the fitness room, there were some machines that worked only at 50% (it was not connected to the TV) and the TV for the room is behind the machines.... In other words, it is useless.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
CourtyardHomestead, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
We appreciate the valuable time taken to complete an online review of our Courtyard Miami Homestead property. While we deeply regret the experience did not meet your expectations as a seasoned traveler, we do find these reviews vital to observing areas in need of improvement and focus. Please be assured we take your comments seriously, and use them to improve both our service and operation. Room types and bed preferences are important, and we understand the frustrations that stem from not receiving that which was reserved. We will discuss with the team not only the situation stated within your review, but also the way to prevent issues such as these from occuring in the future. The chief engineer will also inspect our machinery inside the fitness center to ensure all equipment/televisions are working properly and in good condition. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention.

We would like to thank you as well for the comments regarding the positive notations you had experienced at our property as well. As a new build, and new team, we must strive every day to ensure guests like you receive the premium service and quality they have come to expect while staying at a Marriott. Our mission is to continue to learn and grow as a team everyday to exceed our guests’ expectations, and ensure the memories you leave us with are positive ones. Please be sure to let us know if you would be willing to come and see us again, we would appreciate the opportunity to regain your trust in our facility.

Kind Regards,
Stephanie R, Hotel General Manager
Evansville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

In early December, my mother and I stayed at this hotel. We were in the Miami area two night prior to our cruise leaving. We wanted a location that brought us closer to the Keys because we planned a day trip to Key West for Saturday. This is a great location if you are traveling to the Keys because it is just a short drive to US 1. As a frequent Marriott family guest this summer, I earned enough points to 'pay' for our 2 night stay (I also stayed with other national brands too). Any time I stay on points, I still consider my stay as if I paid cash because I could always use those points differently. With that being said, Courtyard Homestead is a great value. Within that value, I consider the standards - room, amenities, location. Additionally, I always consider how I am treated by the employees. Let's face it, we could stay in the most expensive hotels, but why should we return if we are treated poorly? We arrived very late on a Friday night after driving from Orlando and received a warm welcome from the night auditor (I believe that is what he said his title was). He was very helpful and explained a bit about the property. It is a 24 hour business facility and he explained that he would open the Starbuck's location if I would like a beverage. I declined, but said I might take him up the following evening. Our room was a Queen double on an upper floor (decorated with blacks, reds, and tans). The bed was amazing and the shower was phenomenal. I can see where the business traveler would feel at home here, but I can also picture families enjoying this property. I have to admit that I would have loved to hand out in the lobby area or the outdoor garden area, but we simply didn't have enough time. The outdoor garden area had a beautiful water feature. I can picture guests reading or even working in this area. I can safely say that if I am in the Miami area again, I will drive a little farther to stay at this property. I interacted with several employees during our 2 night stay and all were wonderful. They always said hello and took the time to have brief conversations with us. Shame on me for not writing down the employees names before I left! I would have loved to point out their customer service skills on a public forum such as this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We enjoy seeing such a wonderful review. We will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our staff and congratulate them on a job well done. We are happy you found our location to be convenient for your travels. We appreciate you decided to stay with us and very pleased that Anthony and the whole staff made your stay a little more comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again and hope your future travel experiences are as nice as this one. Thank you for your business and being such a loyal customer, we appreciate you!
Borrego Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Picture yourself going to a friend's brand new 2 million dollar home with brand new gorgeous guest suite. This is it. A beautiful facility. I've been staying in Marriotts all my career, and this one is stone gorgeous. The room is to die for.

Room Tip: 5th floor was awesome
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
CourtyardHomestead, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
WOW !!! Thank you kindly for your review and comparison to a friend's million dollar residence. We want to be your home away from home and it appears we have accomplished that. It is always wonderful to hear a seasoned traveler really enjoyed their room and found us to be the one of the nicest Courtyard by Marriott hotels you have stayed at. Again, thank you for taking your time to let others know that your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott - Miami Homestead was memorable and pleasant. Happy travels and we look forward to impressing you again.
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We planned to visit Zoo Miami and were looking for a nearby hotel and this location was perfect. The room was nice, clean and we have a good view from the window. My only complain was that the bed was not that comfortable as the other courtyard I've stayed in. This place is also quite set up in a different way. There is no real courtyard. They do have waterfall and nicely set up umbrellas outside. I also specifically like the way they set up the lobby. It feels so welcoming. It is a good place to stay when in this area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are happy you found our hotel to be the perfect location for your trip to Zoo Miami. We are pleased that you enjoyed the outdoor areas and were impressed and felt welcomed in our lobbby. Thank you for bringing to the details of your stay to our attention and we will handle them appropriately. Happy travels and we look forward to your return.
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We drove to the Key West from West Palm Beach and decided to stop in at this hotel on our way back to Clearwater rather than paying the high high prices in the Keys.

What a beautiful hotel! So clean and welcoming! Paul Mitchell products in the rooms goes a very long way with me too.

Grocery store is right across the street. Very convenient for those looking to save their dollars for more travel to other wonderful Courtyard Marriott locations ;)

Thanks for the wonderful stay, Courtyard Marriott. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Grocery store across the street!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for the Courtyard by Marriott- Miami Homestead. We are happy you found our hotel to be convenient to the locations that were important to you. Many of our guests find this to be the perfect stop over on the way in/ out of the Florida Keys. It is obvious that your experience was a great one and we are thrilled to hear you found the hotel beautiful and welcoming and that our bathroom amenities exceeded your expectations. Happy travels and we are looking forward to your quick return.
Blumenau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

What to expect about a new Courtyard property? I found all I need for a night between Orlando and Key West. Spacious and clean rooms, nice lobby with lots of amenities, so many restaurants near the hotel, good treatment by the staff. Everything you need and you expect in a Courtyard.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardHomestead, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
I am pleased that you enjoyed all the benefits of our convenient location. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review about our property. Please visit us again soon.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Miami Homestead? Share your experiences!