“Hidden place but amazing food!! ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 141 Restaurants in Homestead
Cuisines: Caribbean, Fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
“Hidden place but amazing food!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

On our way to Florida keys, we stopped here after seeing the amazing reviews. And the reviews proved to be correct. Quaint little place, food takes time but the taste more than makes up for the wait.

Should try this place if you are around.

Cheshire
“What a great place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Where to start?!?!?

Great staff, brilliant and imaginative food, lovely atmosphere, nice décor/ambiance.

Would love the chance to return and work our way through the menu!

Be sure to book as it is only quite small but, whatever you do.........TRY IT!

Visited November 2013
Columbia, Missouri
“Truly Exceptional Fare and Customer Care”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We read Tripadviser reviews of Florida City and Homestead restaurants before our trip to south Florida and compiled a list of 8 places we wanted to try (but knew we couldn't get to all 8). Boy, are we glad we made this one for lunch!

We came in a little past the normal lunch hour and had only one other customer present. We were seated and attentively waited on as soon as we entered. The tables were pleasantly set with colorful cloths and place mats.

The menu presented dilemmas--good ones. There were many options we would have liked to try (our biggest regret was that we waited until our last day in the area, instead of coming here first). We could have had Puerto Rican dishes and many other options that piqued our interest.

We aren't vegetarians, but two of the vegetarian options (one a wrap, one a bun sandwich) looked so inviting we had to try them and decided to split them so both could try each.

The waiter asked if there were any dietary restrictions the chef should know of. He didn't blink an eye when I said, "Yes, I'm allergic to basil." When I asked for the basalmic dressing, he returned to tell me there is basil in the house version, and suggested an alternative.

This is not fast food, and is not intended to be, as each order is prepared for the diner as it is ordered. The meal was every bit as tasty and satisfying as we hoped it would be. Our only problem: we were too full for dessert.

The chef came by the table, introduced himself, asked our names, and had a pleasant conversation until needed in the kitchen.

This restaurant sets a high standard for small, really fine food. It's one more reason to get back to south Florida soon.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Homestead, Florida
“A nice treasure!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Small, service a little slow, BUT the food is outstanding!!!!! The Chef is very friendly. He is quite talented.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, FL
“Excellent burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This eating place was a true delight. I took the day off to go to the Orchid Show at RF Fuchs and my friend and I decided to try this great restaurant. I usually order steak, however after seeing the fabulous burgers being served at the next table, my decision was made. My friend and I both ordered the burgers and were thrilled. Fresh and cooked expertly, provolone cheese and crispy bacon. I want to go back for dinner and order the churrasco! We sampled the fried cornmeal and it was delicious. This was a true find in Homestead and I will be back. Friendly staff!

• Visited October 2013