“Horrifying!! Stay away!!!” 1 of 5 stars

28475 S Dixie Hwy, SW 284th St & SW 157th Ave, Homestead, FL 33033   |
Ranked #15 of 15 hotels in Homestead
“Horrifying!! Stay away!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I booked with Expedia on the way to the florida keys because until today, online bookings sites were equal in my eyes. It took 25 minutes to book my reservation by phone en route to my destination. It was honestly the most painful booking experience i ever had-really! In the process we passed the hotel, the person on the phone couldn't give us the address before the payment processed (it took 10 minutes to process). After backtracking a significant distance, the not so nice owner of the deluxe inn motel of Homestead, FL. insisted that my email confirmation was phony, errant or otherwise. I was being charged $60 instead of $45, no matter what. I immediately called Expedia, was transferred and disconnected. I called back again, waited on hold for 15 pivotal minutes in a late night motel in a dark city street, and was finally connected. The charges could not be rectified, I was disconnected and did not receive a call back from the representative. The motel owner would not correct the price to that charged on the email I received from Expedia. I mentioned that his online reviews had suffered enough, the next thing I knew Miami police surrounded us! Imagine our surprise as police explained to him that online reviews were legal. Needless to say, the police found my vacation mis-adventure lighthearted entertainment to get them through their shift. Here I sit wondering if the Feds will swarm me when I hit the submit button. Im ready to bite a wire. Horrifying, never again!

• Stayed June 2013

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed there on 12/29, late at night after finding all hotels in the area full. They charged us $125 per room! We took 2 rooms since I was traveling with my wife, 2 sons, and a granddaughter. Since the hotel is quite dingy we checked the seams of the mattress for bedbugs and we found no signs, but when we woke up the next day we were covered by (I think) flea bites. We all spent the next two days scratching like mad. Somehow one of my sons did not get a single bite ... he was lucky! If you stay here bring your Raid.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Think they make up their prices by Guessing how much you will pay. Was only 50 bucks but I was given 1 Towel and 1 Wash Rag. In a Winn Dixie "Plastic Bag". It Looked Freshly Renovated but Only on the Outside. Should have left but felt bad for them. No Carpet. But Plenty of Prostitutes. I try not to write Bad Reviews but had to Warn Anyone that thinks of staying here that its not Family Friendly and only Looks Nice on the Outside. About 2 or 3 miles South there is another hole in the wall for only 29.95 Advertised Out Front on a Pole. I Should have saved the 20 bucks.

• Stayed August 2012
Bochum
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

This was the worst motel I ever had in the States!
The room was small, the furniture very old and partly damaged.
The worst thing were several ROACHES. The only good thing was that the manager refunded half the price.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Deluxe Inn Motel? Share your experiences!