“NEVER AGAIN!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Beaumont
DeRidder, Louisiana
“NEVER AGAIN!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I should have done my homework and researched the area first. The location looks a little run down. There were too many construction workers staying there. The desk clerk put me in a room at the back end of the hotel. I didn't really feel safe. I couldn't park in front of my room because of the huge work trucks taking up parking space. I made an attempt to squeeze in but I was afraid I would wake up the next day with a dent in my door from the work trucks. I had to park further away and walk down to my room. The room appeared clean but wasn't. HAIR, I KEPT FINDING HAIR! IN THE SINK, ON THE FLOOR, AND IN THE FREAKING MICROWAVE! The shower was not clean, dried streaks if dirty water on the shower walls. I just felt dirty and couldn't wait to leave...I should have left. I will NEVER STAY HERE AGIAN, AND SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Even though I only stayed one night, this was the perfect room for me. It was clean (no noticeable stains on the carpet) and the bedsheets were fresh. The bathroom was nice also.

They gave me a break on the room rent also, possibly because I was in town for a funeral - they seemed sympathetic.

I didn't have a reservation and I asked if I could see the very room I was going to rent before I committed to stay - they happily agreed.

Next time in Beaumont, I will most likely (95% probability) stay here. Thanks to the staff, particularly the young woman who checked me in, for making me feel welcome.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Fist and last time staying at this La Quinta.. Checked in and was off to my room. Their was guys standing right in front of my door holding a conversation and playing music. It was pretty late so I gave it a minute thought they would call it a night, didnt happen so went to front desk and was moved to another room. The second room I was moved in the AC unit did not work, so of course they moved me to another room, so onto the 3rd room turned on television worked but i couldnt not see what was showing was a big cloud on screen. At that point I gave up. The staff was nice but thats about it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was my first and last stay at a La Quinta. The guy at the front desk was nice but that was it. Before he charge me and booked me in he told me that rate of the room and said that since I was checking in at 5 am that I would not have to check out until the next day. That was a lie, I had to be out by 11 am or pay for another night, then also upon checking out they charged me an extra $20 than what the guy first told me. Now to the hotel they were painting the rooms of the hotel so it reeked of paint fumes, you had to manuever around mattress and painting supplies and carpet in the hallway. They put me in an area that I had to duck under a plastic curtian to get to my room and once inside the room it smelled like paint. The room was clean and decent except it still had the old school tvs. The breakfast in the morning was good and my kids enjoyed it. Can not really say anything else since I was only there for 6 hours.

• Stayed February 2014
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn Beaumont Midtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hi Tiffany, thanks for your review of our La Quinta Inn Beaumont - Midtown. We're sorry for the issues you experienced at our hotel. Our ultimate goal when doing renovations is to improve the hotel, and we apologize for any inconvenience we cause. We'll be sharing your comments with our Front Desk team, as we need to further investigate how your room was chosen. We try to keep our guests as comfortable as possible when we're renovating and we failed in your case. We'd like to chat with you further about your specific situation. Would you reach out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com? Thanks for all of your feedback. We hope to hear from you soon!
AERM
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

To stop for the night and sleep. All of hotels got wifi except this one does not have printer. I can not print for my next day itinerary. The first room they gave was a used room to which I am not sure if it is intentional. The company I work for gave not enough budget so I book it at hotwire $49.00 + tax. Then I was move to a clean and a regular room. There is a free continental breatfast like waffles, bread, cereals, yogurt and banana. It is at the feader road of highway and is not advisable who can not sleep well with noise. The door was not locking properly and not time to get it fix late in the night to which I have to leave early. I rate it at 2.5 star.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Duncanville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Close by the freeway in a somewhat run down part of town this is an older property. The front desk reception was non existent, no one was there and I had to call out more than once before anyone appeared. The room overall was more than acceptable. The carpet was tired looking but the bathroom was spotless, the room clean and the bed comfortable. Despite the fact the room faced the freeway noise was not a problem and I slept well. The Wi-Fi was fine although the front desk said it was having problems and was being worked on. I did not eat breakfast and check out was prompt and efficient. If you want a clean, comfortable overnight stay that is fairly basic but well priced this hotel will meet your need.
Alex M

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Even though this La Quinta isn't in a very good looking location, our stay here was pleasant. When we entered our room we noticed that the bed sheets weren't changed and that there was some soap bubbles still left in the shower so we promptly asked the front desk clerk to move us to another room. She accomodated us quickly and professionally. If you're all about value, then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Beaumont Midtown? Share your experiences!