“Not too clean” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 33 hotels in Beaumont
Houston, Texas
“Not too clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I checked into this hotel on a Sunday night due to a last minute Monday meeting that I had to attend. I did purchase this room on Priceline and searched for 3 stars and above. I must tell you the staff is pretty nice but the cleanliness of this location is less than impressive. The bathrooms are extremely dated and you can see the dirt in the tiles, the corners of the floor and even on the walls. There is also an odd smell in the building. I suppose for a quick in and out this is fine, but I would not pick this hotel again unless I had to.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza and taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel. As I read your review I noticed that you had a terrible stay with pool issues and a room that was not clean. I can assure you that is not our standard. I would love to discuss these issues with you. My email is Charles.Watts@jqh.com or you can call me directly at 409-842-7800.

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Bartonville, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I recently stayed two nights at this hotel while attending a conference. The rooms and lobby are in serious need of a makeover, My room, which was a king suite, was spacious but shabby. The carpet appears woren and the paint was dingy.

The staff didn't seem to care about their guests. When I arrived atthe front desk after noon my room wasn't ready, which is understanable, but the stafff did absolutely nothing except to tell me tio come back at 4 pm. I asked to speak to a manager, who offered to make certain that I received the first available room and to at least store my luggage.

I inquired about transportation back to the airport and the front desk staff told me that the hotel offers a free shuttle. That was good news, and I resreved a space on the shuttle the day before my departure for a specific time. When I checked back at the desk the morning of my departure, the employee told me that he had no record of my reservation. I told him that I saw the clerek write my resrevation down in a book. Guess what? the staff behind the desk never bothered to consult the resrevation book! Despite the fact that I had made a shuttle reservation the day before for a specific time, I was told that the time I had resreved the shuttle wasn't available due to other later reservations. As far as I am concerned, there is no excuse for the staff not following their own resrevation procedures.

The management at this hotel needs to better train their stafff or hire employees who care about their jobs and serving their guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Ms. Equestrian01,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza. We strive to provide the Best Guest Experience possible, it was great meeting you during your stay and I was very pleased that we were able to give you the early check in. I want to apologize about the confusion over the airport shuttle times and I personally spent time with the young man to ensure this does not happen to a future guest. I want to invite you back to stay with us again next year as our hotel will be undergoing a face lift/renovation in 2014; we are VERY excited for this project to begin. Have a great weekend.

Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Overall this Holiday Inn was just okay. It is an older property and there are lots of things that need updating or fixing. The number one thing that needs fixing is the a/c. It was great in the meeting rooms, but the hotel rooms were almost impossible to get cool. I had to ask them to work on it a couple of times. The staff, however were amazing. The wait staff at the breakfast and the servers for our banquet meals were just really incredible. They were friendly and helpful and really went out of their way to help. A gentleman at the front desk named Luis actually gave me his own iphone charger when I lost mine. He said that he had just replaced his phone and no longer needed that charger and just gave it to me. I had several staff members really go out of their way for me and I wish I could remember all their names! The hotel is in a great location and has a beautiful lobby with a waterfall and spacious rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza. We strive to provide the Best Guest Experience and we are delighted to hear that we were succesful! We thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest and we hope to see you back soon!

Waco, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This particular Holiday Inn is always my first choice in places to stay while in Beaumont. The rooms are a good size and the beds are comfortable. Request a room at least tree top level and you will have good views out your window. You will have easy on/off access to I -10 plus there a several choices as to where to dine. This hotel is family friendly as well as great for a romantic getaway. Plenty of parking. The staff have always been friendly and helpful every time I have stayed here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room tree top or higher level. Ask for a room away from the freeway it is quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for returning to the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza. We strive to provide the Best Guest Experience and we are delighted to hear that we were succesful! We thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest .

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is the second time we've stayed with a group while visiting Beaumont for family reasons. The rates were great with breakfast included, the rooms are comfortable and we love the lobby bar. Very fun to order a drink, pull the chairs and couches together and have a memorial time enjoying eachother's company.

The reservations department was great about holding five rooms under one name and then dispensing rooms as people checked in. The bar staff wasn't too happy with us not arriving until just before closing but they obliged us. Check-in staff was delightful and the waitress at breakfast was very accommodating. All in all, very nice stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, September 4, 2013

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here many times for business over the years. Staff are always friendly and accommodating. As a platinum member, I requested an upgrade and was given one without question. Room was nice and clean, Internet worked very well...very fast. Have absolutely nothing to complain about. I am in the middle of my stay, however, have no reason to believe the rest of my stay will be any different.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

South Padre Island, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

pro:
good bed, many pillows.
quiet room.
gorgeous lobby with fountains and lounge area.
ok for the money spent.
staff was very friendly.

con:
room had some problems.
tv did not work.
bill had odd charges
disappointing.
portable fans drying carpet in the hall all night long and the next day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear David N,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. However, I would like to apologize that some items were not working in your room. Rest assured that the issues you have raised has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza? Share your experiences!