“Tale of 2 hotels” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
Houston, Texas
“Tale of 2 hotels”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Not sure what I am even supposed to review here; the gorgeous lobby with flowing fountains and wonderful lounge area, or the lousy room with the door that didn't close properly, the rusted out bathtub, and the sink that didn't drain. This place makes a better lounge bar than it does a hotel because once it it time to retire, it goes downhill fast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Michael A,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I'm truly delighted you liked our hotel lobby. However, I would like to apologize for any challenges that transpired during your stay particularly with the condition of the door and bathroom facility. We use your feedback as a tool to make improvements to our services and amenities.

Once again, I sincerely apologize and hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
El Campo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I got a great rate on this room and only stayed one night so it was fine for that purpose. The room was a bit in need of updating but it was clean and spacious so it didn't bother us. The bed wasn't super comfortable. Seems like it needs to be refreshed along with the room decor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza. We strive to provide the Best Guest Experience and we are delighted to hear that we were succesful! We thank you for giving us the opportunity to have you as our guest and we hope to see you back soon!

Angleton, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our company used this hotel while working in the area. Appearances can be deceiving. The hotel seemed nice and the front desk was slow but nice. Once checked in we found our internet barely worked if at all. The rooms lacking repairs and no outlets near the desk! The shower/tubs are too small and the beds were not pillow tops like all modern hotels. The bar was way overpriced. But the worst part was a family re-union came in Sat. Afternoon and all hell broke loose. People screaming and carrying on all night. Kids screaming and banging on the walls while running up and down the hallways. UNREAL. I called the front desk but they were unable to get a handle on it. Also note: NO FREE BREAKFAST LIKE OTHER HOTELS THAT DO!
We are a big company and I instructed my co-workers to use the newer Holiday Inn Express from now on. Truly pathetic way to run a hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

My email is Charles.Watts@jqh.com or you can call me directly at 409-842-7800.
North Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I should have kept going when I pulled up and there was a police car out front.

I was greeted by a sweet desk clerk who apologized for the police out front and the man screaming at someone on the telephone. The lobby was filled with adults screaming and children running everywhere.
My room was surprisingly quiet and comfortable. The carpet and bathroom were a bit dated but housekeeping had tried to do their best by folding the tissues into fun shapes and providing us with extra Bath & Body Works toiletries. In the morning I went to 5 of the 8 floors in search of ice. Obviously the ice machines working was not a hotel priority. On several of the floors there was trash thrown out of the rooms into the hallway. The hotel cannot be responsible for the disgusting habits of their guests, but by 11:00 some of the trash should have been removed by the hotel staff.
Do not recommend staying at this hotel.
By the way, the lobby has a Texas flag that is about 4 stories high. Great!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Kathleen S,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you liked you room accommodation. We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am sorry that we failed to deliver an exemplary hotel stay experience in a few areas. Please accept our sincere apologies about the noise. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our values guest but instead offer a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Lera P
Saint Joseph, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have stayed here before and can not believe they have let this hotel become what it is now. The staff other than the housekeeping staff are RUDE and act as if you are bothering them for ANYTHING!
They did nothing when it was brought to their attention that others staying in the hotel were fighting and screaming at 3 in the morning. We really got the feeling that we were intruding on them and their "friends". Very sad since we have stayed here before while attending class reunions but WON'T in the future. The whirlpool was not working and needed to be totally redone. Paint coming off every where.
I even sent a complaint into the corporate office but got NO response. Not surprised poor customer service starts from the top.

Room Tip: Stay some where else if you want a good family experience. If you want a good "hang" out...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza and taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel. Unfortuately as I read your review I noticed that you did not have a great stay and I would love to discuss the issues that you endured so that we can ensure that the next guest does not have the same experience that you had. My email is Charles.Watts@jqh.com or you can call me directly at 409-842-7800.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself was great. The room was pretty small. The staff was absolutely amazing. I had two complaints. they have weddings at this hotel so there were tons of guests as well as their guests. There were a bunch of kids who ran unsupervised down the hallways. They also dominated the pool and hot tub which I was looking forward to relaxing in after a 12 hour drive but was unable to get near. Then at night the adults came past the room making noise. I would stay there again although I wish that they would enforce the supervision of children rule. The staff was fantastic and went out of their way. Ashly and jeremy rocked it

• Stayed May 2013

Slidell, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Hotel is clan but my room showed its age. The last time I stayed here was about ten years ago.I was to stay have my room comp;ed, but was charged anyway. At check in the on duty front desk check in staff made note of the comp, at check out the on duty front desk staff acknowledge the comp but was charged any way, have not straighten these out yet.
Aside from the billing issue, the place is clean but a bit worn around the edges..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Bill167,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. We are hospitality professionals and pride ourselves on delivering world class service. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza? Share your experiences!