“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Beaumont
Hudson, NH
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

A waterfall in the lobby greeted us. They turned it off at bedtime. We had a large comfortable room with an equally large bathroom. The room was "accessible", which seems to mean no counter space in the bathroom. I toughed it out, but my wife was a little disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We book this on our reward stay as a Priority Club Platinum member. Per reservation rep, we would promise a 2 bedroom presidential suite upon arrive as prat of out benefits, since they did have a some room open. As we arrive, we noticed the heavy humid smell in the lobby. Mostly due to the waterfall in the lobby, which look nice but a closer look it was pretty dirty. At check in we were greeted as PC Plat memeber, and offer a one room suite, small gifts and had no room as promise by the rep.

Our room had a small living section with sofa bed and desk, it was dark even with all the lights on. Other room was a king bed with the bathroom within the room instead of outside. This would not be worth the price posted, they do not offer any breakfast for PC members and the pool was not working. As they say something is wrong with the pump,which made the water look very nasty. Our kids was very disappointed, as they were lookin forward to the indoor pool. Requested sheets and pillow for the sofabed and was told they were out of pillows, really??? We just just check in it was only 4 pm.. While looking at the pool and walking around I hot a headache from the horrible smell of the waterfall. I had to check out I was not able to stay any longer.

Pro:
- nice waterfall
- easy access location
- greet PC member

Cons:
- humid misty lobby
- no pillow even with early request
- pool broken
- small dark dirty room
- low staff
- old decor and build "70-80" retro

I would not return to this place ever, I don't understand how this place can be one of the most $$$$ holiday inn in Beaumont. Must be price high just make money from local companies, since they have lots of rooms. Big thx to PC customer service that was able me to cancel my room and help us book a great place Holiday Inn express NW Parkdale Mall

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CharlesWatts, General Manager at Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Beaumont Plaza and taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel. As I read your review I noticed that you did not have a great stay and I would love to discuss the issues that you endured so that we can ensure that the next guest does not have the same experience that you had. My email is Charles.Watts@jqh.com or you can call me directly at 409-842-7800.

Charles Watts
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Cons: Loud Atrium
Slow check-in
Extremely slow elevators - there are 2 for a hotel with 120 rooms. Everytime, stopped on every floor
Horrible Breakfast
No sheets, blanket or pillows for kids on pull out couch
A suite with one room and one TV - Really. Maybe Holiday inn needs to see what the 21st century competitor suites offer.
No towels at the pool

Pros: Cheap price. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this particular hotel for 3 days. We have stayed here many times before; and the experience was average. However, this year, the stay was not nearly as pleasant as it should have been. First of all, our queen size bed was very, very uncomfortable. The mattress seemed to be "lumpy" and both my husband and I tossed and turned through the night. I was also disappointed with the bathroom sink as one could not close the drain because it was broken. As a result of this, I lost a contact lens down the sink! The small refrigerator freezer did not seem to freeze very well as my husband put in an ice cream bar the first night we were there. Two days later after not even opening the refrigerator at all during our stay, the ice cream bar was softer than it was when we purchased it! All in all, the hotel is nice to stay in; however, it can be very noisy at times!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is actually a fairly nice layout for a Holiday Inn. It reminds me more of an old Crowne Plaza. There is a large open area in the middle of the building with a waterfall, which is a nice touch, except it is so loud that people in the lobby are literally shouting to hear each other. The entire hotel is dated.

There are no smoking rooms in this hotel, which is kind've odd given how old it is. I stayed on the first floor of the hotel for this reason. My room had a great layout. The room and bathroom were separated from a "den" by a door. The den included a small kitchenette with a small sink, microwave, and small refrigerator (with no freezer). There were also flat screen tvs in both the den and bedroom.

My main complaint about this hotel is the lack of cleanliness. When I arrived, there appeared to be barbeque sauce on the coffee table and there was a used toiletry item on the back of the toilet. Also, when I awoke the next morning, I saw a roach on the counter of the kitchenette.

The pool was being renovated when I stayed there and the fitness room was average.

The staff members seemed to be very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lake Jackson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in two rooms the night before deer season opened and there were plenty of hunters in the hotel. Any noise was drowned out by the huge graduated water falls in the lobby. It was an elegant touch and I think the rushing water is relaxing. I couldn't here it in my room, but I had hoped that I could.

The bedding was nice and plush and they had a choice in the room of firm or soft pillows. The TV wasa mid sized flat screen and offered a nice cable selection and free HBO channels. There was no guide availabloe on screen and no HBO guide in the room, so it was hard to figure out what was on. There was a microwave in the room and a mini coffe pot with single cup regular and decaf coffee. I had a couch and a work desk in my King room.

The bar was little pricy with no type of cocktail menu to evaluate costs. The bar area was nice, but we spent $17.75 on two drinks.....granted one was a double. The other drink was a beer. After the tip, we paid $10.00 per drink. Ouch. I had wondered if the bartender added this right or whethershe added in a tip and taxes. She did not know the prices off the top of her head and looked them up without the benefit of a register. I did not question her about since doing so would have embarassed me in front of my company. My advice is to bring your own drinks and drink them in the room.

The water is pretty soft in the hotel and the water pressure is a little low. The hair dryer was extremely weak. Other than that, the bathroom, while small in comparison to the large room size, was very functional. The bed was comfortable, which was probably the most important thing to us. The clocks were not set properly...at least in my room, but the wake up call came right on time.

There are no bellmen but luggage carts were available. Getting to the rooms from the elevator can be quite a hike. My fourth floor ice machine was out and it was quite a long trek to get to the 3rd floor ice machine right below me. These are limitations in design that management simply cannot fix. I would agree with those who suggest this is a 70's type design, but the property has been fairly well maintained. Certian things do need to be fixed, like the light fixture in the bathroom which did not cover the hole in the sheetrock.

Most travelers agree that a great price will typically cure most objections. This is a big hotel that gives great discounts to fill the rooms. At $55.00 per night after tax, each room was a steal. If we ever need to stay in the area again, this is where we will stay. The front desk staff was friendly enough. I wish they would have put us closer to the elevator to cut down on our walk. It would be nice if every electric outlet was not behind a piece of furniture.

Room Tip: Ask for room closer to elevator to cut down a long walk.