“Old Charmer” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 hotels in Beaumont
Austin, Texas
“Old Charmer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Don't understand the negative reviews. This hotel was obviously older, but in good shape. The room was lovely. The lobby and surrounding grounds were also lovely. There was a lot going on the weekend we were there, so we were worried about noise level while sleeping. Our concerns were unwarranted, even though we were directly across from the elevator. We slept like babies. The staff was friendly and helpful. The pool was nice, but very crowded so we didn't utilize it. The only real disappointment for me was the bathroom which was obviously aged. Still, it was clean. Also, for the price, a complimentary breakfast would be a plus. They have a couple of nice restaurants on-site though and a cafe that serves all your Starbucks favorites. Overall, we enjoyed it and would stay there again.

Room Tip: There were suites available with balconies facing the pool. Ask for one of those if that's your...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Needs to be cleaned. Even after we moved rooms due to uncleanliness, new room wasn't clean either. Bad AC, especially in main areas of hotel...whole areas of the hotel smelled bad. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013
Katy, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

When we arrived, we were advised that our 2 Queen Bed/Non-Smoking room defaulted to a King Size w/ sofabed SMOKING room and that "most people smoke on the balcony". I told the unfriendly staff member "no indeed not" and we were forced to take a non-smoking King room with a "sofa bed". This sofa bed "mattress" was just solid springs and should be recycled into something else. We had to call 3 times to get linen for that horrible thing and someone finally showed up at 10:36 p.m. The internet did not work that night. The bathroom was not clean and had two types of hair on the toilet lid and at the base. It was very obvious that it had not been mopped as well. The dust on the furniture, especially the top of the large wooden bed frame, had been there for a while. It was obvious that Rm 603 had not been truly cleaned in a long time. It is also very noisy with people slamming doors all night long, so be sure to bring a box fan to try and drown out at least some of the noise. To top it all off, there was a mouth retainer in the top drawer that had been left by a prior guest. This hotel is NOT kept clean and it does need repairs. We should have been paid to stay there. The only positive things I can say is that the pillows were very comfortable and Steve, one of the maintenance guys on staff, was very helpful and the most friendly person there. We will never stay here again. It is NOT worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
pocomoke md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a day unexpectedly after travel plans for work fell through. The lobby is large and had a few restaurants, bars, and even a day spa. I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant (the one with the Starbucks out in front) and the breakfast was a bit better than the usual cold cereal and bagel breakfasts hotels usually offer but not much better. They had a hot breakfast with eggs prepared however you like (a cook makes them for you) bacon, hash browns, sausage patties, etc. the room was clean as far as i could tell, i didn't give it the white glove treatment but it looked clean. The bathroom could have been cleaner but it wasn't disgusting by any means. The bed was old but comfortable. Since my company paid for the room i can't really comment on the value since i really don't know what the room cost but if i had a choice and was on vacation i think i may try a different hotel. It was nice but not great. The food was nice but not great. The experience was nice but, you guessed it, not great.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I always stay here when he gets back from training. It is always a pleasure I don't know about what everyone seems to be complaining about because honestly it's always clean the staff is always friendly and these are some of the nicest rooms I've seen and I used to work in a four star hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

When I got to my room, I found dog poop by the tv stand, the room smells bad... I got a "upgrade" to one of the "nicest" suits, it was terrible, same smell, I found cockroaches in the bathroom... I just left... That place is disgusting!

• Stayed May 2013
Sugar Land, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Booked a room saw the good and bad reviews so wanted to see for myself the room I got was very dirty outdated the AC did not work there was cockroach in the bath the manager didn't care and I was still charged for the room the manager is crooked the rooms a wreck stay at the Hampton Inn the stay there was the best I've ever experienced.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel? Share your experiences!