“Friendly staff but hotel could use an upgrade” 3 of 5 stars

MCM Elegante Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2355 I-10 South, Beaumont, TX 77705-2631   |
Ranked #9 of 33 Hotels in Beaumont
pocomoke md
“Friendly staff but hotel could use an upgrade”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a day unexpectedly after travel plans for work fell through. The lobby is large and had a few restaurants, bars, and even a day spa. I had breakfast in the hotel restaurant (the one with the Starbucks out in front) and the breakfast was a bit better than the usual cold cereal and bagel breakfasts hotels usually offer but not much better. They had a hot breakfast with eggs prepared however you like (a cook makes them for you) bacon, hash browns, sausage patties, etc. the room was clean as far as i could tell, i didn't give it the white glove treatment but it looked clean. The bathroom could have been cleaner but it wasn't disgusting by any means. The bed was old but comfortable. Since my company paid for the room i can't really comment on the value since i really don't know what the room cost but if i had a choice and was on vacation i think i may try a different hotel. It was nice but not great. The food was nice but not great. The experience was nice but, you guessed it, not great.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I always stay here when he gets back from training. It is always a pleasure I don't know about what everyone seems to be complaining about because honestly it's always clean the staff is always friendly and these are some of the nicest rooms I've seen and I used to work in a four star hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

When I got to my room, I found dog poop by the tv stand, the room smells bad... I got a "upgrade" to one of the "nicest" suits, it was terrible, same smell, I found cockroaches in the bathroom... I just left... That place is disgusting!

• Stayed May 2013
Sugar Land, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Booked a room saw the good and bad reviews so wanted to see for myself the room I got was very dirty outdated the AC did not work there was cockroach in the bath the manager didn't care and I was still charged for the room the manager is crooked the rooms a wreck stay at the Hampton Inn the stay there was the best I've ever experienced.

• Stayed April 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

A cockroach was running around in our bathroom. Yuck! We ended up staying elsewhere. They also messed up our reservations on 5 rooms we booked. We requested non-smoking, but were given smoking! Night manager had a terrible attitude. She said we could stay elsewhere if we didn't want to take a smoking room, even though we didn't book a smoking room. The hotel was sold out. We were traveling with our 10 year old ball team! Also, just noticed online, a man was shot by accident in room 348 back in 2010! It's in a Vanity Fair article this month! Stay safe and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed April 2013
DeRidder, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Me and my husband went here for our anniversary just to get away. We bought the romance package. We had a very large room with chocolate covered strawberries, wine, and rose petals. The hotel is huge and I love the Starbucks downstairs! Staff is very very friendly. Probably my favorite hotel I have ever been to, and I've stayed in a lot of hotels!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Pearland, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel does have a great bar and is nice and big I'll give it that.
The rooms are old looking, the bathrooms are falling apart and just are not appealing to want to go in. They are just not welcoming, I just wanted to stay out of it.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to MCM Elegante Hotel? Share your experiences!