“Great hotel for the sale price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Beaumont
Galveston Island, Texas
“Great hotel for the sale price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I bought the room for $46 thru Priceline, normally the rooms start around $70. I feel that I got a really good deal. It's a very pretty hotel, good location, friendly staff (the lady this morning was on her cell phone while refilling the breakfast- not the most sanitary of practices), the clerk yesterday was very helpful.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, the clerk said he could give the room at $50 if you call the hotel directly and that is an outstanding price for this good of a hotel.

The pool is nice, wish it was not so cold outside. The exercise room is small but don't see anyone in it or standing in line at the door waiting for a machine so it's fine.

The lobby is beautiful. Room is good size, clean, larger coffee pot than usually find (and the housekeeper gave me extra coffee which was nice). The tv is a good size with good channels. Mini fridge and microwave are very clean and convenient.

Windows actually open! That's very nice and hard to find these days, and I enjoy fresh air and highway noise over sir conditioner.

All four employees I interacted with (including the clerk who worked over night) were friendly and besides the lady on the phone, professional and courteous.

I was able to print out a map which was nice. The business center has a good computer and the hotel has excellent wifi.

Parking is fenced in and very well-lit. Part of town is ok, average for being right next to an interstate.

I'd definitely stay here again for the price I found.

• Stayed February 2013
neil143, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We appreciate your comments and always welcome to our place. Just call us or stop by, we will
take care you. Always be our Guest. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Milton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stopped here for the night on our way west and the walls seemed to be very thin. Breakfast wasn't very good, but otherwise, it was nice. Since we checked in late and left early, didn't use the shower but everything seemed to be in good condition. Would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
neil143, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
We appreciate your time to write review. Always welcome to our hotel and we will take care you
real good.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very clean and nice people who work there. Had a problem with the people next door being very loud until 1am then hit the wall to get their attention hopefully to quiet them but then they really got loud and started laughing and repeatedly keep hitting the wall. The manager came to my door ask what the problem was I explained and not too much longer he had them removed. I Dont mind anyone having a good time but they took it too far and had to leave. Would stay here again any time I am in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
neil143, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
First of all still we apology to next door Guest. We love to see you again and we appreciate
you for spent your time and wrote review.
Salida, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

On Christmas Eve, We picked Sleep Inn over other Choice Hotels due to reviews. Room was okay, breakfast items were not very appealing. Our trouble was NO hot water in shower, it was ice cold. Neither my husband and I had any hot or even warm water and I had to wash my hair in the sink where we had some hot water?! I went down to Front Desk to let them know about problem and was told I should have called down while in shower to report problem and they could have told us how to work the facet. The clerk told me sometimes people have trouble with turning the facet the right way! I'm sorry, you turn it either to the right or left- needless to say we tried both and let it run... Still ice cold. Nothing was offered for our inconvenience. As one who stays many nights in hotels, not satisfied with this one at all.

Stayed December 2012
neil143, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced on your recent stay. That day no one else complaint about it. We did check everything, We did not find any problems anywhere. After
you left we also went to your room and check in shower it was working fine. I know there is nothing we can do now to go back and fix the problems you experienced. We would love to speak with your directly for your problems, please know that all the issues you mentioned in your comment will be personally addressed by management and we will ensure that these problems are addressed and resolved immediately, We are also very thankful you gave us an opportunity to be a our guest and it is our goal to meet the expectations of our guest, we do hope that we will be able to re earn your business soon.
Again we apologize to you.
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

We were on our way to Houston 12/21 then to Dalls for the Saints game on 12/23. Sabine River bridge on I-10 was closed to 1 lane and got delayed. We checked into this hotel with no reservations and it was great for us. Young lady at check in was very friendly and we were almost only guests. She recommended Starving Marvin for dinner and it was 100 yards down the street. Food was great. We will stay again if we are delayed in the future.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
neil143, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
We appreciate you comments and always welcome to our place. We see you soon.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Don't believe the hype. I think these good reviews are "gamed". Needless to say I was very dissapointed.

I booked online, and at the moment I booked their website claimed there where only two rooms left with 2 queens beds. Later I found out that had plenty of room left. So this was a trick so you make a quick decission.

When we arived the person behind the counter was a shy indian or pakistany girl and it was her first day, but she didn't got any assistance. She misunderstood me and starting to explain me what rooms where left (that's how I found out more rooms where still available), while I clearly said twice I had an reservation. I gave her my credit card and ID, and after looking for more then 5 minutes she finnaly found me. Then she asked me what my CVV on my credit card was. I asked her if this was her first day, and she started to laugh shy, but didn't answer me. A pakistany or indian man walked by, and just smiled. I looked at him, and he said, "she is new". I answered "that's nice, but not very pleasant for me if she doesn't know what she is doing." So he said he would send some one to assist. Another pakistany or indian man came to help the new girl. The man appoligized and told me because of the delay etc he gave us an upgrade to a bigger room. Which was a total lie. The girl mentioned before what room number we where going to get, and the number was still the same.

Granted the room was big, but almost all rooms with 2 queen beds are big. The beds where oke and looked clean, but smelled a bit dampy.

The internetspeed sucked. When I complained one of the pakistany or indian man almost wanted to dismiss me, but the shy girl behind the counter backed me up. She noticed the same problem. I asked them to reset the modem, which they did. For 15 minutes internet was wonderfull, but after that it was the same slow no-speed internet. They seriously need to update their internet account.

The airco heat didn't work, just blew cold air. But since we didn't want to move again to another room. Which we should have because the next day my husbands back was totally cramped, since he has back problems and need warmth.

The rooms are extremly noisy. I heard the tv's of my upstairs neighbour and the neighbour beside me. I also her the people on the hallway talking and slaming the doors. And the heard the train outside. I can handle a little noise, but this was a bit too much. One of my neighbours woke up before six am, and turned on the tv, which woke me up early.

The hot breakfast was awfull. When we arrived at 8 am the scrambled eggs where old, crushed and uneatable. The sausage patties ditto, old and greasy. The waffle maker didn't have any spray oil, so I thought there was oil in the batter. But it seemed not, since my waffle got stuck on the waffle maker. I had to scrap it off and threw it away. The pastery was real moist as if the were old and refreshed in the microwave with a little moist (a little trick to make the food "seem" fresh). The orange juice was sirup with unfiltered water.

I've been in other choice hotels before, and it seems there is always something wrong. And after this experience I am really done. This hotel was NOT worth the 70 dollars I paid. And I really DO NOT understand the good reviews. I use tripadvisor a lot, and this is the first time I get the feeling the reviews are fishy.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
neil143, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced why here at our hotel during your recent stay. I know there is nothing we can do now to go back and fix the problems you experienced but please know the issues you mentioned are not the norm for our hotel , we would love to speak with your directly for your problems while here. Please know that all the issues you mentioned in your comment will be personally addressed by the hotels management and we will ensure that these problems are addressed and resolved today, We are also very thankful you gave us an opportunity to have you as our guest and it is our goal to not only meet the expectations of our guest but to exceed their expectations, we do hope that we will be able to re earn your business soon.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Great quality for a chain. Got an upgrade to a bigger room with an adjoining door to our friends' room.

Staff were lovely and gave use tips on best route to Galveston - without that we would have missed out on a lovely coastal drive and spotting dolphins from the ferry.

very clean and comfy beds.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
neil143, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks a lot for taking time and wrote nice review about us. We see you soon again.
Always welcome to our place.

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!