“Careful of which Room you get” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #28 of 33 hotels in Beaumont
Houston
“Careful of which Room you get”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

As a Priority Club Plat, you get a nice upgrade but be careful as to which room you get. We been here twice., on Jan 7th and Jan 12th.

Jan 7th - A king bed with a door and living area w/sofabed mini kitchenette, everything you would need is here. Room was nice and roomy, great lighten and very clean, no issue at all, a very enjoyable stay while enrolling for school. This is the reason why we decided to return on Jan 12th to finish school paperwork.

Jan 12th - was a different story., had to check in late around 7ish pm, same type of room, but this time with torn/rip chairs, dirty room and bathroom, toilette seem like it was even used. Or maybe we were simply given a room that has not been clean. Try to switch to another room, but it we had rec the last room. Unable to stay in the room, so we ended up checking out and moving next door to the Garden Inn.

Overall the propriety is nice, good location, next to a few good restaurants and movie theater., our Jan 7th room was quite and peaceful. was not offer any type of breakfast

Pro.
- location
- quite
- price

Con
- depend on the room, cleanness
- no breakfast

Room Tip: If checking in late, make sure you call early to verify a clean room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Beaumont, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Tom T,

Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We are sorry we were not able to meet your expectations this particular day. he feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and our apologies for the shortcomings.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Nice hotel. Clean, quiet. Friendly staff responsive to suggestions.
Room was very nice with a few minor issues.
I would stay here again. Lots of restaurants nearby
It is back off the road away from all traffic noise

Room Tip: I definitely liked my third floor room
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had a horrible experience at this hotel, and the management wasn't all that helpful in resolving. We came to Beaumont as we had a family member ill and in the hospital. We chose this hotel because it had cooking facilities. We bought groceries and stocked the room before we left for the hospital. After a grueling day at the hospital (our relative died), we came back and found the entire room infested with ants. All the groceries were ruined, and they even got in the refrigerator. The desk clerk was apologetic, but could not find the maintenance person. We were handed a can of RAID and dealt with it on our own. The next day I called the hotel manager, Dona Johnson, and asked for a refund. She also was apologetic but not helpful. She told me since the reservation was made through hotels.com, that they would issue the refund. It was at the insistence of Candlewood that I reserved through that site. I went to the desk to ask for an additional day, and they told me that the only way I could get the same rate was if I reserved through hotels.com. I did that, but did not get the same rate. Ms. John son indicted that it would be 3-5 days before the refund was processed. On day 5 (no refund) I called back again, and she was almost short with me. I gave up on the Candlewood staff handling this and called hotels.com myself. There was no record that any refund had ever been requested. I now am on the 2nd 3-7 day waiting period, and I hope it's been resolved. I liked the hotel, but the responsiveness of the staff leaves a lot to be desired.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Beaumont, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear wordwiz00,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you had with your room accommodations and for the service you received that was less than satisfactory. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. We'd like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Beaumont, TX.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lufkin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

In Beaumont for business and dropped in at Candlewood. Not a bad property although when we walked into our room, it was obvious that someone had smoked in the room recently. Staff was responsive to the situation. Quiet room, close parking. Nothing fancy but a clean facility with attentive staff.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

I work in Beaumont frequently, and have spent weeks in this hotel. The staff are great, the rooms are clean. The internet is good (for a hotel). The beds are comfortable. There are electric stoves and full sized refrigerators in the rooms. The location is great, right off of I-10. There is a movie theater next door. Walking distance from Cheddar's, Joe's Crap Shack, Waffle House, a Shell station, Cracker Barrel and Johnny Carino's. There is nothing bad I can think of to say.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and seemed to be very well kept. My stay was very pleasent and I must say I will be back when traveling through Beaumont!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Kinder, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed here on our anniversary weekend. The room was very nice. The one bedroom suite was laid out well and comfortable. The air condition kept the room ice cold even though it was over 100 degrees outside. The hotel is off the road and in a quiet location. The staff was friendly. Overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Candlewood Suites Beaumont? Share your experiences!