“Excellent service food was very good” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #134 of 239 restaurants in Beaumont
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Bryan’s 797 is fine dining at its best. Located in Beaumont, TX, Bryan’s 797 offers exquisite dishes along with an extensive wine inventory. Reservations are encouraged.Bryan’s 797 has a southern flare tied with New Orleans hospitality all served in a Victorian-style house. Our signature seafood dishes are named after Beaumont locals’ favorites from Bryan’s 797 and each one is homemade by our experienced chefs. Our wine selection includes over 150 unique varieties and Bryan’s 797 staff is incredibly versed in guiding guests through our menu and wine selections, offering the perfect pairing for your fine dining experience.Private parties are available for lunch at Bryan’s 797 and we also offer private and custom parties upon request.Bryan's 797 began serving Beaumont, TX in 1997 when Byran and Mary converted a Victorian-style house into a fine dining restaurant. With a menu based on fresh seafood, Bryan's 797 also ensures a perfect wine selection to pair with each menu item. Many of the dishes on the menu are named after fellow Beaumont citizens, reflecting their favorite offerings at Bryan's 797.
Port Neches, Texas
“Excellent service food was very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Party of four. For appetizers we had the scallops, an Asian soup and the mushroom soup. We all loved the appetizers and the scallops were cooked to perfection. Ordered the surf and turf the steak was a large filet (you can get a strip also) with a large filet of sea bass. The steak was excellent the sea bass was good, had a tomato sauce on top that I wish had been left off. Warning- when you order the surf and turf you get two full entrees, a lot of food, and is priced accordingly (about $86 per plate). Best restaurant to be able to talk and enjoy an adult beverage, relax and enjoy a meal, we were there almost 3 hours.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

45% Recommend
Orange
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Had to ask waitress to refill my water twice, wasn't given a choice on salad dressing, salad tasted like it came out of a bag from the grocery store, dishes had spots on them and were very cheap looking, Chilean sea bass cost me $30 and was deep fried like a piece of codfish, bowtie pasta was so spicy with red pepper neither my wife nor I could tolerate it, vegetables tasted like they were previously frozen and from a bag, duckling breast was tough as leather and strong tasting, and the $13 slice of carrot cake had the taste of plastic wrap. Cost over $100 and ruined our 10 year anniversary dinner.

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Worst restaurant experience of my life!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I visited Bryan's 797 for dinner at Valentine's day and the experience was beyond awful! I was very excited because my mother had recommended it and the house and atmosphere was unique and very cute! We had an 8:00 reservation and were not seated until atleast 8:45! When we made the reservation we were told that we could order off of their menu or chose to do the special Valentines Day menu that was 100 per person however when we were seated our waitress told us they were out of everything except for the valentines menu. Then a table sat after us WAS allowed to order off of their menu!! When we first arrived I could tell that they were busy but they slowed down significantly while we were there and our servers (there were two girls that would come by our table every now and then both were rude and unattentive and they never told us their names) started standing around not even doing anything and the service was STILL terrible. One of the girls told the table next to us that she is looking for another job and that she doesnt even care about her job there. As if that was not obvious! Several of the customers walked out, including the couple next to us. We were never asked if we wanted anything to drink besides water. It took over an hour to get our salad!! By the time we finally did it was around 10 and my fiancé works early mornings and by that time were fed up! I tried to talk to the manager but she was SITTING IN A CORNER CRYING IN PLAIN VIEW FOR EVERYONE TO SEE!! Ridiculous!!!!! There was one girl that stepped up and was doing the best she could to help everyone out. I wish I could remember her name. She gave us a discount on our dinner and packaged up our main course and dessert. Overall it was an awful experience and it ruined our Valentine's Day. The service was terrible, the food was not worth the high price you pay, and the manager was useless. I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone. EVER!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Beaumont, Texas
“A really special place to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had been here before with a large group party. The food and service made the event very enjoyable. We made reservations for Valentine's Day. It was very romantic and the food was delicious. I would love to go again. It is located in a nice old house in historic Beaumont.

Nederland, Texas, United States
“Terrible and overpriced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been there about 5 times. The last time went to celebrate our anniversary. We ask for the Ozobucco, or course they did not have it. "It is very popular" the waitress said, yeah it is soooo popular that in a period of 3 years they have never have it every time that we go and ask for it. They do not carry 2 bottles of the same wine, and actually do not carry half the wine they list. It is very overpriced for the quality of food. Mushroom soup is like warm half and half, and the crab cake don't have any crab. I do not recommend this place at all. We will never go back.