“Don't see the value” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
“Don't see the value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I used to stop here alot when passing thru. The last couple times it seemed that no one working there wanted to be there. If you've ever had Joe's, you know the food is good; it's just too expensive for what you get. I like scallops and orders a side with a dish I was having. I think it was about $13 to add them, but when they came out; it was three dime sized scallops. The waitress was so embarrassed that she had them make me a few more. Its an ok place, nothing special but the prices.

Visited August 2013

Houston, Texas
“Nice atmosphere, rather expensive for what it is”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

It was just okay. Nice atmosphere. Very young wait staff. All food was at least 20 to 25 dinner. Okay taste. Rather small portions.

Visited August 2013
Waco, Texas
“Poor quality!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We were very disappointed in the food and high prices of this restaurant. We will not eat there again. Restaurant was not crowded at all, and I think the quality and value are the reason.

Visited July 2013
College Station, Texas
“Don't eat at this Joe's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

When I travel, I try to make it a point to eat at locally-owned restaurants instead of chains, but was tired one evening and made the walk across the hotel parking lot to Joe's. First off, it's always a bad sign when the parking lot is half full on a Saturday evening. Even the wait staff wondered out loud where all the customers were. I sat at the bar, and nearly turned around and walked out after seeing how dirty it was behind the counter. I will give my bar tender credit--she was friendly but that was the only positive thing about my visit. There were three other bar tenders behind the cramped bar, and none of them seemed happy to be there. I ordered the Southern Coast special (or something like that). What an awful meal. The mahi-mahi was bland and dry. The shrimp were tiny and flavorless. The crab cake was so heavily salted I could hardly eat it. It tells you all you need to know that the rice was the only thing worth eating out of the meal. Wake up Joe's corporate! This location needs help.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible will make you sick!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We went and haven't been there in over right eight years so decided to give it a try again made me sick literally a long time ago and done the same thing to my family tonight, the food was expensive and me and my husband got the platter for two it had been sitting in the bucket of juice and was nasty corn wasnt done there only seven shrimp and four little crabs in there for forty three dollars it was seventy dollars for us alk to eat we could have went to a nice restaurant with quality and quantity and not being sick to your stomach don't waste your time eating here.

• Visited July 2013