“Night 3 of 5 Day “Low Budget” Road Trip on I-10” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Oaks Lodge & Suites

The Oaks Lodge & Suites
You added The Oaks Lodge & Suites to your Saves list
The Oaks Lodge & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2615 IH-10 East, Beaumont, TX 77702 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Beaumont
Green Valley
“Night 3 of 5 Day “Low Budget” Road Trip on I-10”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We’re headed east to visit family in FL. Our overnight choices were slanted toward decent TA ratings, with a breakfast and a “out the door price” under $60 using senior and loyalty discounts. CLEAN, basic accommodations with just a bit of creature comfort and shelter from the elements to recover for the next day’s travels will suffice. We rolled the dice about a week in advance for the entire east bound leg.
How did this place fill the bill? On budget! Very clean! The newest and nicest property on our trip to date and no major condition issues with our room. The bed was comfortable and there were no noise issues; another good night’s sleep. There was a skimpy assortment of continental type fare but the fruit looked like it had been out for a week and the bread items were all uncovered which was not too appetizing. Waffles seem to be almost universal and not too special after day 1.
The staff was friendly and quickly rectified a snafu when our first room assignment was not cleaned yet or was still occupied. The Wi-Fi signal was good.
It would be very helpful if there would be some effort by the location to make east bound travelers aware that the east bound I-10 ramp is about 10 feet from where you exit their lot. I would guess a high percentage of guests miss this ramp and the street then dead ends so you have to fish your way around and loop back west and give it another try. Not the way to start your day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Wheelersburg, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I found the desk clerk very helpful and eager to please. We had a king suite with desk and love seat that gave us everything we needed for an overnight stay. It was a little hard to find mostly because we aren't used to the one-way freeway service road design. There were two major roads that split and curved so keeping track of which direction we were going was tough. Meant we didn't want to leave to find food and there aren't any restaurants in walking distance. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable with pleasant site landscaping. Good value for area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Beaumont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

One could not ask for any better service, business like professional desk clerk. My stay was very enjoyable. I will more than likely use this establishment again in the future, should I be required to stay over during trips.....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Woodbury
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We made an overnight trip to Beaumont to visit family. We were looking for a mid priced hotel since we would be spending very little time in the room. We booked a room with two queen beds. The room was larger then many in comparable hotels. It was clean and comfortable. My husband tried the free breakfast and found it to be typical of this type of property. We were pleased with the value that we got for the price that we paid.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful; I couldn't have asked for more. I left behind at the hotel an expensive iPad keyboard and sleeve. They contacted me and I was already hundreds of miles away. I asked if they would be willing to mail it to me and I'd be happy to pay for the charges - they could add it to my credit card. They did mail it to me and at this time I haven't been charged. I'm still more than happy to reimburse them for their time and expense to do this.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Oaks Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!