“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Beaumont West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5820 Walden Rd., Beaumont, TX 77707   |
Ranked #17 of 32 hotels in Beaumont

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Herrin, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed here for one night partially based on Tripadvisor reviews ranking this property #2 in Beaumont. The exterior of the property looks fine but the interior is a different story. We are LaQuinta Returns members and upon check in the front desk clerk gave us a bottle of water and a bag of pretzels. The pretzels were dated March 2012. We were instructed where to park on the side of the building and given directions to our room. There was a group of adults and children using the pool area and they had used a rock to prop open the door so they wouldn't have to use a key. Not the best security for hotel guests. The lobby ,hallway, and elevator floors were filthy. It looked as if they had not been swept, mopped, or vacuumed for days. The door to our room had to be slammed in order to make sure it was shut securely. The curtain in the room had to be held closed with a paper clip in order to have some privacy. The toilet leaked water on the bathroom floor. The room had been cleaned, but the furnishings were dingy and worn. The bed was alright, but the sheet felt threadbare and the fitted sheet was too big to stay on the corners of the mattress. Breakfast hours were posted to be 6-9:30 am. We went to the breakfast area at 8:45 and the breakfast attendant was putting food and dishes away and was not bringing out any other foods. The yogurt was sitting in a bowl of water as was the pitcher of milk. We did not eat breakfast since the food was being put away but also we were concerned about the cleanliness and safety of the items left out without proper refrigeration. The whole breakfast area was dirty. Upon check out, there were several employees just standing around the front desk chatting with each other. It really gives the impression of being unprofessional and uncaring about the guests who are approaching the front desk area. A gentleman standing at the desk asked us if everything was alright with the room and we told him about the leaking toilet. We assumed he was an employee, but we are unsure since he had nothing to identify him as such.
This was one of the worst places we have ever stayed. Usually the Tripadvisor reviews are spot on but this time we were very disappointed. There will not be a return visit to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My first visit to Beaumont. I spent 2 weeks in the hotel. The first week I had a nice room on the 3rd floor. Quiet, clean, all good. I was surprised to find old tube style TVs instead of flat screen. Not a deal breaker just surprised. Front desk offered to move me to a room with flat screen but I declined. On the other hand I found the towels to be nice and fluffy. Maybe new. I liked that a lot. Exercise room has 3 bikes, treadmill, couple of pairs of free weights, floor mats and a ball. Plenty of room and not used that much. Great for me. My second week I was upgraded to a suite which was very nice but more space that I need. 2 TVs, one flat screen in the room. Slept well. The pool looked good but it was unseasonably cold in Texas.

The second week I happened across an evening buffet provided by the hotel. I was surprised since I had not hear about it or seen any evening food/drink activity in the breakfast area. Ask about it when you register. Anyway it was a very nice and welcome surprise. Nice amount of food and not many people. Wine was served.

Everyone that I came into contact with was very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was good and more food choices that I have seen at other La Quintas. Eggs, rotation of meat,, potatoes. I made breakfast burritos.

All in all, I enjoyed the visit, found the hotel clean and well maintained. And the dinner buffet was a very nice touch. I will stay there again for my next visit to town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Milton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stopped here on our return trip from San Antonio. It was getting late and we were tired. The lady at the front desk, Valerie, I think, was so nice and helpful. She showed me where the elevator was and I said my elderly Mom couldn't walk very far (we wore her feet out in San Antonio). She then said that the only room on the bottom floor had a complaint about the television, but she would go check it out. She went down the hall to the other end and when she checked the tv, it worked just fine, so she offered us that room since it was near the end door and Mom wouldn't have to walk far. She gave the key she had to my nephew and sent him to the van to drive around to the other end and get Mom and sister into the room while I finished checking in. By the time I was done, they had already unloaded most of what we needed and we parked the van and settled in for the night. The beds were pretty good and there were a lot of outlets, which we needed to charge phones and such. Breakfast options were really good and we really enjoyed our stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: Elevator is in the middle of the bldg so if you cannot walk far, be sure to request a room at one en...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This La Quinta was terrific! We had to go to Beaumont, TX for a funeral before Christmas and we were very grateful this hotel exceeded our expectations. First, they confirmed they were able to accept our very large dogs (over 100 pounds each) and did not have a size limit; this was great because we were unable to place them inside a reputable kennel in our area. Second, the rooms were clean, pleasant, and all the accommodations we requested were available as they promised. Third, we arrived later than expected and were grateful they had someone available 24 hours who could check us in without any hassle. All in all, this was the one terrific experience during a heartbreaking trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Beaumont West? Share your experiences!