“Firsttime visit...great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 33 hotels in Beaumont
A TripAdvisor Member
“Firsttime visit...great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My first visit to Beaumont. I spent 2 weeks in the hotel. The first week I had a nice room on the 3rd floor. Quiet, clean, all good. I was surprised to find old tube style TVs instead of flat screen. Not a deal breaker just surprised. Front desk offered to move me to a room with flat screen but I declined. On the other hand I found the towels to be nice and fluffy. Maybe new. I liked that a lot. Exercise room has 3 bikes, treadmill, couple of pairs of free weights, floor mats and a ball. Plenty of room and not used that much. Great for me. My second week I was upgraded to a suite which was very nice but more space that I need. 2 TVs, one flat screen in the room. Slept well. The pool looked good but it was unseasonably cold in Texas.

The second week I happened across an evening buffet provided by the hotel. I was surprised since I had not hear about it or seen any evening food/drink activity in the breakfast area. Ask about it when you register. Anyway it was a very nice and welcome surprise. Nice amount of food and not many people. Wine was served.

Everyone that I came into contact with was very pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was good and more food choices that I have seen at other La Quintas. Eggs, rotation of meat,, potatoes. I made breakfast burritos.

All in all, I enjoyed the visit, found the hotel clean and well maintained. And the dinner buffet was a very nice touch. I will stay there again for my next visit to town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Milton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stopped here on our return trip from San Antonio. It was getting late and we were tired. The lady at the front desk, Valerie, I think, was so nice and helpful. She showed me where the elevator was and I said my elderly Mom couldn't walk very far (we wore her feet out in San Antonio). She then said that the only room on the bottom floor had a complaint about the television, but she would go check it out. She went down the hall to the other end and when she checked the tv, it worked just fine, so she offered us that room since it was near the end door and Mom wouldn't have to walk far. She gave the key she had to my nephew and sent him to the van to drive around to the other end and get Mom and sister into the room while I finished checking in. By the time I was done, they had already unloaded most of what we needed and we parked the van and settled in for the night. The beds were pretty good and there were a lot of outlets, which we needed to charge phones and such. Breakfast options were really good and we really enjoyed our stay. Would definitely recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: Elevator is in the middle of the bldg so if you cannot walk far, be sure to request a room at one en...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This La Quinta was terrific! We had to go to Beaumont, TX for a funeral before Christmas and we were very grateful this hotel exceeded our expectations. First, they confirmed they were able to accept our very large dogs (over 100 pounds each) and did not have a size limit; this was great because we were unable to place them inside a reputable kennel in our area. Second, the rooms were clean, pleasant, and all the accommodations we requested were available as they promised. Third, we arrived later than expected and were grateful they had someone available 24 hours who could check us in without any hassle. All in all, this was the one terrific experience during a heartbreaking trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Duncan, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Had a pleasant 4 day stay at this La Quinta, clean, comfortable with helpful and professional employees in all departments. As with other La Quinta' I've stayed in the breakfast offered had a good variety of food and the dining area was clean and neat.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Checked into La Quinta for one night and asked the front desk clerk for their least expensive room. Without so much as a smile and only a minimal acknowledgement, she looked it up and said, that would be the King room, $90 a night plus tax. Having already researched the prices, I knew she hadn't given me the best deal and asked about the 2 queens for $85 and BINGO, that was available!!...imagine that...

Other then the above small problem, I found the room and hotel overall to be quite good. The free breakfast was also adequate. Good coffee, waffles, cereal, powdered eggs, flimsy bacon....the usual

FYI: No coffee maker in room, but did have refrigerator and microwave...comfy beds and pillows

The motel is also very close to Pappadeaux Seafood restaurant....a BIG plus!!

I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Beaumont West? Share your experiences!