“Never again...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Beaumont

You added Ramada Beaumont to your Saves list
Ramada Beaumont
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3985 College St, Beaumont, TX 77707 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Beaumont
Ellenton, Florida
“Never again...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have been involved in hotel management for over 22 years. My wife and I had been traveling for about10 hours and decided to spent the night in Beaumont. I had stayed at this hotel when it was a Rodeway Inn and I knew it was built as a Howard Johnson's. Besides I was a Wyndham Rewards member. While I was registering, I gave the clerk my credit card. He ran my credit card, the he imprinted it on the back of my registration card. Nobody in the hotel industry does this anymore. I figured since we were traveling with our cat, maybe they wanted to check the room for damage. I told the clerk I wanted it back in the morning. He shrugged his shoulders.

The next morning when we checked out, the new desk clerk refused to give me back the imprint. I told him check the room, he wouldn't. I told him I wanted my imprint back, and again he refused. He said it's hotel policy and only the GM can give back an imprint. I said I like to see the GM. I was told he wasn't in. I said when will he be in, and the clerk said he was expected later in the day. The clerk said he would have the GM call me later that day. Nobody called me from that hotel to offer an explanation.

When I hadn't heard anything from that Ramada after 3 days, I called Wyndham Corporate to complain. I was told by Wyndham, that franchises have the right to handle accounting anyway they chose and franchise can keep your credit card on file! I have managed properties for Holiday Inn, Choice Hotels, Shilo Inn, and even 2 Ramada before Wyndham took control. Nobody keeps your credit card number anymore! I was shocked when I heard Wyndham allows this practice.

Wyndham said they would give the hotel 3 days to call me. Still nothing from the Ramada Beaumont. Corporate Wyndham called be back 4 days later to say the GM had put my registration card in the mail. It's been a over a month and still no registration card. During Wyndham last call, I informed the lady handling my complaint, that I had spent around $1,000 dollars at Ramada and Days Inn this year alone. She wasn't impressed. I told her to cancel my Wyndham Rewards Card because I would not be spending one dime at another Wyndham property. I simply can't trust Wyndham after this.

Stay away from the Ramada Beaumont if your value your credit card number!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sulphur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

A safe and peaceful stay. The room was quiet, clean, and functional. Breakfast was good. Enjoyed the homemade waffles. The pool was clean and safe. Check in and out was a breezed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Halifax
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Check in experience is good and since I stayed there before this was a factor since I had no reservation. Convenient location off interstate. Room is a good size.Services in the area altho the the streets are a bit confusing . The hallway up to the second floor is dated with older carpet but overall for the price no complaints.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Been to Ramada Beaumont? Share your experiences!