You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beaumont-Parkdale to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beaumont-Parkdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Unexpected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This Holiday Inn is relatively new and prices reasonable. However, there were several difficulties as noted;

1. Roaches - Twice. Complained about large Roach in the room on the 4th floor and requested immediate room spray. (limited hotel choices in Beaumont). Front Desk confirmed that the entire room was adequately sprayed while my family and I went to dinner. Next day, more Roaches found in room - hard to imagine if the room was adequately sprayed as confirmed.
2.. Breakfast food quality was sometimes poor - Bananas with Black sections (1/4 of banana)

Room Tip: Bring bug spray
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mary M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beaumont-Parkdale, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the disappointing stay that you had with us. I can assure that the issues you had with both the big Water Roaches and the bananas have been resolved. We have contacted the exterminator and the hotel has had a second spraying also the company that provides us with bananas has been contacted and told exactly what type of bananas are to be delivered to the hotel. I hope if you are in Beaumont again you will give us a second chance to prove ourselves to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Katy, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My baseball team stayed here while in town for a baseball tournament at Lamar University and while it was not the closest hotel to the fields it sure was a great location. You are away from the I-10 traffic and have an Academy Sporting Goods Store next door and Subway & McDonalds are within walking distance. The mall and many other places are nearby too. The service of the people taking care of the breakfast area was first class, they are very friendly and aim to please/serve. Hotel was very comfortable. Looking forward to my second visit this weekend.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room facing the Academy to avoid the morning sun.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We very much look forward to our teams that come to stay with us during the summer. We always cheer them on. My staff and I are very familiar with the sports teams that come into stay with us and look forward to your return visit.
Greenville, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My biggest needs were all met:
1. Quiet! Even though we asked for a room away from the elevator, it wasn't an issue and the hotel was quiet even though it was full.
2. Cinnamon rolls - ok, yes, this seems stupid but hey, I love my HI Express c rolls, they had plenty for me!
3. Clean - a clean hotel, found one roach but that was it
4. Bathroom - nice bathroom, the toilets are very weird, you can only flush them about every 10 minutes, the way to get the shower to work is hidden from plain view, you have to pull a ring on the faucet to get the shower portion to work.

Very good, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We strive to make your stay with us a very enjoyable experience . Our bathrooms are a little bit different and sometimes do take a bit of an explanation which the staff is used to doing. We look forward to your next visit with us hopefully in the near future. We have had the exterminator out to remedy the large water roaches that pop up occasionally.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was my first stay here and it exceeded my expectations for a non-full-service hotel. The room was very large and it was what other hotels sometimes call a mini-suite, with a sitting area separated from the sleeping order by an arched wing wall (not separate rooms). There was a work desk at one end of the suite and a small dinette table at the other end. Similarly, there was a small couch in the sitting area as well as a club chair and ottoman in the sleeping area. Lots of storage. Also, better lighting than most hotel rooms ... in fact, 5 lamps + 2 ceiling light fixtures. There were even 3 telephones, although I didn't need them as I use my cell phone in hotels. I was only here for 2 nights but the suite was so spacious that I could have been comfortable here for an extended stay. The free breakfast was reasonably good too.

Parking was a little tight at night, but I always found a space.

Although I always felt safe, I would mention that the door to the corridor did not close tightly with a satisfying thunk, and I was never completely sure whether the deadbolt was really latched at night. What gave me pause was that I met a guy in the elevator who was heading for the front desk for a new room assignment because when he used the key for the room he was assigned to he walked in on someone who was in bed. I hope this was a one-time occurrence but I have no way of knowing, and that kind of breach of guest security is unacceptable -- it is the only reason (along with what I said above about my own door) that I didn't rate this hotel as a 5.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your comments and criticisms have been noted and we are working on correcting the issues that my staff can correct especially the discussion you had with another guest on the elevator. We strive to make sure that our guests are safe and secure at night therefore all of our doors have been checked to make sure they are in proper working order. I hope that the next time you are in Beaumont you will come back and see us again.
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

PROS---just returned from overseas. I stayed at this hotel while waiting for my house to be ready. I gave seazures and can not drive. Most of the staff was GREAT, the night auditer Robert was extreamly helpful. When he found out my situation, he would talk me to the grocery store when he got off of work in the mornings. The lady's in the mornings who cook breakfeast were always friendly. The cleaning staff was always prompt. Maintenance crews kept the place looking great abd if anything broke they were fast to fix.

CONS- NO ATM, No resturant. Somedays the local people would come use the pool and at least once I had to have the Evening desk clerk Thomas call the Police because a drunk local snuck into the pool area and grabbed my friends wife. It took over an hour for the police to show up, when I asked Thomas about it he advised me he called the non emergency number for the police I insisted he call 911. The police arrived and the man went to jail..

I asked severl people if they had a grill, since I could not drive and the nearest resturant in Mcdonalds. I was advised that they had one but it was broken abd they couuld not spend 27 dollars to buy one because the owner we here visiting the property. ( I would have thought that would be a reason to make the guest comfortable).

I stayed for 12 days. All n all a very clean place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. My staff works hard to make sure that your stay with us is up to your expectations. The staff does go above and beyond to help our guest make sure their stay is good. The problem with non guests in the pool is an ongoing fight to keep them out, sometimes we win and sometimes they slip in on us but as soon as we discover they are here we do contact the local officials and have them removed for our guests security.
We do now have another new grill for our guests to use as the one we had ended up growing legs and leaving the property. I hope that I you are ever In need of a hotel room you will come back and give us a 2nd try.
Central Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'll be completely honest and say the location was a little off-putting, being right on the access road of the high way with just the one entrance. I'm a bit paranoid so I felt the parking lot a little exposed and therefore unsafe but my worry was unfounded since the area is quiet with no reason really to feel uneasy. The parking is well lit and all of the property is well kept and clean. The location ended up being pretty good since there are grocery stores and restaurants nearby.
The inside is also stylish but comfortable and inviting and interesting. There is a bit of an open area in the lobby. When you go up to the second floor it is open and you can see down to the lobby and on the wall there are these little niches with interesting decorations that you can get a better peek at from that angle. I loved the elephant!
Both the evening and morning desk clerks were personable, polite, helpful, and professional. The morning clerk was so cheerful and friendly she did a lot to brighten my already wonderful hotel stay. The evening clerk informed us that they served a free continental breakfast. We checked it out not really expecting much but it was pretty well done! A nice selection and everything was clean and in its own spaced out section which is great if you have food allergies. Basic breakfast: hard boiled and scrambled eggs, cereal, yogurt, fruit, coffee/juice/tea, bacon/sausage/gravy, breads and bagels, etc... The food quality was not bad at all.
The room oh my gosh the room was so large and spacious with no clunky awkwardly placed furniture. We got a king bed and had a very good night sleep on a quality bed with quality pillows and bedding. There are night stands and lamps on either side and the flatscreen tv facing the bed. Next to the television was a little bureau that housed the mini fridge and microwave. There was a reasonably sized arm chair and floor lamp next to the bed and across from that was a reasonably sized desk with a lamp and a comfortable wheeled desk chair. The closet was perhaps a bit small but we didn't use it. And there was also a small cushioned bench near the entryway, which was long and spacious -- I would say there is even room for a cot in that area.
The bathroom was about mid-size with a nice granite countertop and two cubbies where you can put your things so that its not all on the countertop. And I have to say the bath mat was folded very nicely over the tub, with a small washcloth folded into an accordion mat tucked into it as an accent.
We were returning from a trip to the Alabama coast and stopped here for the night. We just went in and asked if they had rooms and got a pretty average rate but this place is excellent. I wish we had stopped here on our way to Alabama also! And I'm not kidding when I say I'd visit Beaumont again with the sole purpose of staying here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mary M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beaumont-Parkdale, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. Some people say we are Beaumont's best kept secret because we are off the between path. I am glad to see that your fears were quickly put to rest and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your return stay with us again.
West Richland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

On my way to New Orleans and choose Beaumont as my last stop. Glad i did. The property is very nice. Rooms are clean and look new. Was upgraded to a king suite which was very nice. While waiting for the upgrade to be ready, the manager stopped by to see if my wife and I needed anything, nice touch. The fitness room was also well equipped and the machines were new and in good condition. The breakfast area is large compared to other H I X that i have stayed at lately. This express won't disappoint..

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your compliment on our hotel. We have worked very hard at maintaining this hotel
and keeping everything as update and new as possible. We strive to make your stay with us enjoyable and make you want to return and stay with us again. Hope to see you again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Beaumont-Parkdale? Share your experiences!