“Safe but a headache” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Beaumont
West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
“Safe but a headache”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The room had a odd smell when we checked in, I have used a lot of febreze! The drain in the shower was not draining and i pulled out gobs and gobs of long black hair, my bf has a buzz cut and i have very short hair, when i notified the staff he said they have a maintenance guy that does that stuff, i said it was still draining slow, and there was no offer for him to come look at it. If you expect to have internet for the $10 a week, DON'T! we have had so many problems with getting a good connection!! It's a hard line but you have to wiggle and jiggle the cord, it stops for no reason etc... We spent money on our own pots and pans! They will only give you toilet paper and towels during their office hours 9a-6p M-F, Saturday 10a-2p, and closed on Sunday. So if you run out your SOL because they only give you one roll a day, AND i have only been staying a few days at a time. My Bf who has been staying here for a few weeks now works 7a-7p SO he's SOL on towel exchange and Toilet paper. There is no number to call after hours unless its an emergency! So if you need something or the internet is not working you just have to wait till the next day, and then maybe it will get taken care off. The bed is comfortable, and the room is nice. They have flat screen tv's with cable for your convenience very nice. The room is fairly clean. They Do not clean every day, if you want it cleaned you have to pay $25 dollars for cleaning, The housekeeper comes by on Monday's to see if anything needs changed, but of course my BF cant ask them to change the sheets or leave TP Because, he is at work!!The doors can only be open with you key card which is nice, i have not seen or heard any police so that's a plus, i would say it is safe. The two Male employees I've spoken too are constantly busy but are very kind. They is ALOT of Noise during the day, if you plan to sleep in DON'T because you will probably be shaken awake from all the loud noise from who knows where. Very startling. I would suggest spending the extra money and staying somewhere else. I Will not be referring people to this facility. If you do plan to stay, don't expect a whole lot. You are staying a value facility, I have stayed at a few other Value Place facilities and whether you called the front desk or the after hours number we always got what we needed no matter the time, the room was very clean and the staff were very customer oriented. This is the Worst one we've stayed in yet. So Don't give up on Value P;ace!! The other ones are nice! Just don't expect much from this one!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
VPRay175, Area Manager at Value Place Beaumont, TX, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
At Value Place we work really hard to make everybody's visit a comfortable, safe, clean affordable experience. We have a checklist for everything we do when preparing rooms for new guests. Many of our guests have been in the building for weeks, months and staying a year. I would tell all to take a tour of our building and see for yourself. You will like Value Place Beaumont.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
beaumont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I don't know what all of the negative feedback is about on this site, but I had a good experience here...could have stayed in a 5-star hotel with total reimbursement, but that offends my sensibilities. The staff were extremely helpful, the room was comfortable, and the other patrons were very engaging. I would definitely stay here again. I was here 6 weeks during a relocation and had zero problems.

Jon Jordan

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Beaumont, TX, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate it when we receive feedback from our guests. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to provide the best experience possible for our guests at the most reasonable rate. I hope that you will continue to think of Value Place on your travels.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

If I could give zero stars I would! Everything about this place, except maybe the price is TERRIBLE! But when you take into account the things stolen from your room while you aren't there the price isn't even good! My daughter's very expensive android tablet she received sad a Christmas gift was stolen from our room. No one but us and the employees of this dump had been in our room. The tablet was stolen from our luggage! But employee thiefs aren't the only problem about this place. It isn't very clean. Every employee we've encountered has been incredibly rude and I have not seen one smile while interacting. They act as if you are bothering them, even during checking in. the noise level is absolutely absurd. Please do not come here. You will regret it!

• Stayed April 2013
First let me apologize that you did not have a good experience at our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible stay for all our guests. I hope that you filed a police report about the stolen property. That is the best way for us to find a solution. We take all feedback from our guests very seriously and appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the situation.
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We requested and reserved a no-smoking room. Upon arriving, we were placed in a smoking room then told that was the only room available after taking our money. The next day we were placed in a no-smoking, handicapped room. Neither my husband nor I are handicapped; I- 5'8", he- 6'3". The cabinets were too low and the stove hood was always hitting me in the head. Worse was the shower that had no tub and no barrier where the water stayed in the shower but flowed out into the middle of the floor. When we requested to move out of this room into a room that we initially requested, we were told that we had to pay an additional $45. I believe that we were given anything just to get us into the hotel and to get our business.
This was not good business. My husband has stayed in a Value Place for the last 5 years, but now we will look at other alternatives before staying at Value Place.
Sleep was hard during the last two weeks of our stay. Someone was placed above us which disturbed our day and night. Reported it, but to avail.

Room Tip: Make sure that you have what you requested and reserved before paying.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell about your situation. I apologize for the run around you received at the property. We pride ourselves on providing a clean and safe environment for all of our guests. We take all guest feedback seriously and have taken appropriate action. I hope that you will consider using Value Place again in your travels. We would love to see again at one of hotels.
Beaumont, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

One of the worst places I have ever stayed, cheap price.... cheap everything! They have had to evict guests for pulling knives on hotel staff, and I have seen the police here on more than a few occasions. If you complain about your neighbors being too noisey, gues what.... you can move. I don't dowbt the bed bug situation since the two times the house keeper "cleaned" my room (in six weeks) she neglected to change my sheets. Those who are contractors on long term assignment, don't expect them to be understanding, especially if you work nights. The internet is terribly slow and costs you $10 a week and don't forget to bring your own cable. Also there are no utensils in the room at all. Well I've wasted enough of my time on these worthless *&%$#@.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Beaumont, TX, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for telling us about your stay. Guest satisfaction, safety, and cleanliness of our property are of upmost importance to us and we apologize for your unsatisfactory experience. Value Place has no tolerance for unlawful behavior and will call the police to handle security issues for the safety of all of our guests.
At Value Place, we figure you'd rather shop on your own terms than pay for extras you may not need. If you do want to take advantage of the additional amenities and services we offer—from kitchen cookware to high-speed Internet—they’re available anytime for your convenience for a minimal fee.
We are working to improve our guest service at the property and hope you will try us again if you need extended stay lodging.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Brandi swearingen is the manager hear and she was a big help in setting me up to move in on a short notice and that meant a lot.her staff of people are very helpfull.i would recommend them to anyone

• Stayed April 2012
Heather L, Manager at Value Place Beaumont, TX, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
We are glad to here that you had a great experience with us. No matter what brings you to Value Place, you can count on a respectful, helpful and friendly team dedicated to keeping the Value Place promise to our guests. Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your review, come back and visit!
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Don't stay at the Beaumont Texas location unless you want to have to deal with BED BUGS(and bringing them back home to invest your house, your clothes, your vehicle, and electronic devices you brought with you, such as a computer or game console, etc.) Rated this low on all categories because of all the money and time I had to spend to deal with the bedbugs after I checked out. Also, the management didn't even bother to offer to comp the room after I showed them the bedbugs. Furthermore, what was said by another reviewer about all the extra charges is true, and the fact that it can be noisy at night with all kinds of bumping, thumping, and crashing noises at all hours on some nights. Can't wait to see them go out of business some day. It's a shame really, because other than that the people working there were all very good, and the location was new and to casual observation very neat and clean.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Not unless you want to be bitten by bed bugs and then bring them home with you...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Heather L, Management Company at Value Place Beaumont, TX, responded to this review, March 9, 2012
Unfortunately bed bugs are a growing national problem. We do everything within our control to make sure that any bed bug incidents are isolated right away and are not spread to the rest of the hotel. We have one of the most vigorous response plans to eradicate these pests as soon as they are found. We take these complaints very seriously.

Value Place Property Management

Been to Value Place Beaumont, TX? Share your experiences!