“Ate At the bar. Laramie is awesome!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
San Ignacio, Belize
“Ate At the bar. Laramie is awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I ate alligator at the bar With a wedge salad tasted awesome . Laramie is a great bartender. Drank Rum sprites all night. Best place to go in Beaumont Texas

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Fredericksburg, Texas
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Having eaten at the Pappas family restaurants for years with good to excellent results I was expecting another good dining experience. This one was less than satisfactory.
We ordered lobster/crab/shrimp egg rolls as an appetizer, which turned out to be foot-long rolls (3) served with slaw and lettuce leaves. They were tasty, but way too big and difficult to eat. The big problem for the meal, however, was that after a bit of a slow start, the salad and gumbo arrived right after the appetizer, and then the main course almost immediately thereafter. By the time we got through the egg rolls - which took some time - and the soup/salad the main courses were no longer hot.
The greek salad was very good (the restaurant was founded by Greeks, after all) but the gumbo tasted like it came out of a can. The salmon, crisped and served on a bed of corn with crab and shrimp was very good.
I realize this is a chain, and perhaps personalized service service is too much to expect, but when they are charging $15 for an appetizer and $30-$35 for entrees they should at least be able to pace the food arrival properly. The waiter was very cordial, but did not prepare us for the size and difficulty of eating the egg rolls, nor was he at all concerned about the fact that our table was completly covered with food plates, some of which were getting cold.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield
“excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

the food was great! the atmosphere was wonderful And we didn't wait long for a table! well worth the money!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jasper, Texas
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We ate at the bar while waiting for others to go see Kid Rock at Ford Park. They got us in and out in plenty of time.

Visited February 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Make Yourself Happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

When I review a restaurant the food is very important but so too is the service. I do not think I can remember a place that had such excellent service. These people are totally dedicated to providing the best possible dining experience that can be offered. Our server, Tony stopped and chatted with us about travel, food , beer et.al. Others on the wait staff stopped by our table to ask if we needed anything, amazing. I ordered Fried Oysters, which considering I live in the south wind up being frequently not very good. These were fabulous, crispy but not burned on the outside yet still moist on the inside. My wife ordered the tilapia, it was grilled to perfection, hot on the outside, and moist on the inside. The sides were of an equal quality, I had the fries, crisp and hot on the outside and hot and tender on the inside. My wife had the green beans as a side and they too were cooked to perfection. We were very happy with everything when one of the floor managers, Chelsea stopped by our table to check on us. She asked how everything was and I raved about the food and the service. She said that since this was our first time at their restaurant they would like to offer us complementary desserts. I have had people comp parts of my dinner when there was a problem but never when everything was great. This was a whole new level of customer service hitherto unknown to western man. I liked it. I felt special. I want others to experience the same. If you are driving down US 10 in Beauford you should stop here and eat, it will make you happy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere