“Nice stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 34 Hotels in Beaumont
Slidell,LA
“Nice stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel has everything that you would need. It is nicely located, clean, and well-appointed. The breakfast buffet was more than adequate. The staff was very friendly. The only problem that I had was finding it. I checked in late at night. The service road leading to the hotel was very dark and there isn't any company signage by the roadway that referenced you where to turn. Besides that minor glitch, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel was recommended by friends and we were not disappointed. Stayed here for 4 nights in May 2013, over from the UK for our son's graduation at Lamar University. Ideal location for the University, couple of good restaurants nearby. Efficient and warm welcome at reception, and all the staff we met whilst there were friendly and clearly very well trained. Big rooms, with kitchenette, everything very clean; bed was comfortable, and we had pleasant views over the river and fields (even saw an aligator gently swimming up-river). Arrived on Thursday and left on Monday. Thursday night had a complimentary meal (with drinks) which was vey good and a pleasant surprise. Breakfasts were simple buffet, but very good and plenty to eat, and a reasonable sized breakfast area with clean tables. Friday and Saturday the hotel was full, but I couldn't hear any noise from the other guests despite there being a number of childen in the hotel. The air-con in the room was a bit noisy but not too bad.

Only real compaint is that it was difficult to find, tucked away behind some other hotels. They could do with some signage on the road out front to help you find them (maybe it's because I'm from the UK and not used to US roads and signs). There is lots of parking and it feels like its in a very safe area. Total price for the 4 nights was around $455 including taxes, which was, to me good value.

All in all a great stay and I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Over the past 5 years, I have actually stayed at the property over 300 nights. I have stayed at many Marriott and Hilton properties over the years and can easily say this property is the best Residence Inn I have ever experienced. The breakfasts and the dinners at night are outstanding for a hotel and often are prepared from scratch by cooks who know Tex-Mex and seafood delights. The evening meal is always complemented by 3-4 wine choices and an equal amount of beer choices. The staff is consistently friendly and helpful, The property although near I-10 is quiet and restful, especially on back side. Anyone who rates this hotel at less than a 4 perhaps is rating the wrong hotel or is comparing it to a Waldorf. (There are lots of restaurants nearby but if you want the best in seafood and the best in price - Floyds just down the road on the north side of I-10 is hands down the best - and has great steaks too. Pappadeaux's across I-10 is next best. There is no need to consider a third best.)

Room Tip: I like rooms such as 235/335. Good view on back side and close to the entrance. Use the close-by sta...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Brian D, General Manager at Residence Inn Beaumont, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your continued loyalty with us here at the Residence Inn Beaumont and with Marriott. We appreciate the great comments. We strive to be the best hotel in the Beaumont area. We hope to continue serving you and all our wonderful guests in the future.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the last few weeks for business. The rooms are mostly clean - I usually clean the tub and wipe down things myself anyway. It is nice to have dishes to eat off of and cook in but every time I have pulled one out of the cabinet, it has been dirty so I have just developed the habit of putting everything in the dishwasher as soon as I arrive and washing them myself. the linens are hit and miss. Sometimes they are great and other times they are worn out and look suspiciously dingy. I circumvent that by just bringing my own. Heather at the front desk is AWESOME. She is always very friendly and remembers everyone's name.
The only real complaints I have are that dog should never ever ever be allowed in the dining room or worse yet in the food serving area. There is a woman who is here often who carries her dog into the serving area and then allows the dog to sit with her in the dining room. I have personally seen the animal on the table. I am sure that is some kind of health code violation and it certainly keeps me from eating dinner in the dining room. yuk.

Room Tip: choose a room on a high floor away from the elevator - the odd numbered rooms have a wonderful view...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brian D, Manager at Residence Inn Beaumont, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Beaumont. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered while staying here with us. I assure you that the housekeeping issues have been discussed with our staff and are being corrected. Also, it is the hotels policy that no animals are allowed in the lobby area during breakfast and our evening social hour. I have made it a point to make our front desk and food staff aware of this policy so this will not happen again. Im glad you were treated well by Heather, she is an awesome front desk associate. I hope we get to serve you again in the future.
Huntsville, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

The service at this hotel is outstanding! I was traveling for business. I encountered a business related problem and the employee at the front desk along with her manager assisted me in coming up with a solution! Breakfast this morning was delicious! Potatoes, eggs, biscuits, sausage gravy, oatmeal, and the standard items that are included with a continental breakfast.
I will stay here every time I travel through this area!

• Stayed December 2012
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our family recently gave this hotel a 2nd chance on our way to FL. Glad we did!

We arrived just in time for their manager's reception of which was cheeseburgers and hot dogs. They also had chili and a side salad. All was good. Breakfast the next morning was also good - scrambled eggs, sausage, and continental items.

Our room was clean and kitchen spotless.

Coming back from FL, we decided to stay here again. Unfortunately, we missed the manager's reception of Chicken Fajitas, but there are several nearby restaurants - Carinos, Joe's Crab Shack, Cracker Barrel, etc.

Oddly enough, we had the same exact room as the previous visit - still clean. One minor complaint - for some reason the tv in the bedroom would auto turn-off or turn channels on it's own every 20-30 minutes. Very strange, but not horrible.

Breakfast the next morning was great - scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, and french toast sticks. The bacon was very good for a hotel "included" option.

We're glad we gave this hotel a 2nd chance and would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Marblehead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Had to be in Beaumont on business and booked the Residence Inn. I am glad I did after what I heard about people staying in other properties. The staff was friendly and helpfull. The food was actually better than the typical Residence Inn properties. It was easily accessible and located just off the highway. I would absolutely stay there again if I had to go back to Beaumont again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Beaumont? Share your experiences!