“Fairfield Inn beaumont not good” 1 of 5 stars

Special Price
3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #18 of 33 hotels in Beaumont
The Colony, Texas, United States
“Fairfield Inn beaumont not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

we had two rooms rented the hotel was very dated (old out of date ) for a Marriott It shows that spending money on there investments are not important. Two of the guys that stayed in 325 room ended up taking to Dr when we got back home and they have been bitting by bed bugs. on the other hand the elevator was turned to Fire Fighter setting and no inspections of the elevator. I called the city health department NEVER NEVER will stay there and you have been told so i hope you pick some were elss also?

Room Tip: i cant ( go onto diffrent town )
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Abigail L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay and I want you to know that the team here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites take every comment very seriously and extend our apologies to you because your stay was not as you should expect at a Fairfield Inn. When you reported to the front desk the presence of what you thought might be bed bugs, this room was immediately taken out of service, our pest control provider was called who quickly responded, inspected the room and reported no evidence of bed bugs. We did try to reach you at the phone number provided and learned that the physician you visited also ruled out bed bugs. The Beaumont Health Department has also physically inspected the identified areas and also found no evidence of any insects. With respect to your concerns regarding the elevators, we have confirmed that the elevator is operating correctly and is not in Fire Fighter mode. Our elevator is regularly inspected all inspections reports and certifications are available at the hotel.

The team at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Beaumont strives to uphold the Fairfield Inn & Suites Promises and invite you to stay with us the next time you are in Beaumont. Thank you.

45 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
The Woodlands, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was in town on business, and this is the location our company selected. While it wasn't the worst, there are many ways the location could improve. First the good. The breakfast was good, and the staff were all quite helpful.
Areas for improvement:
1. As another reader pointed out, the beds are very bad. It was just so hard, I might as well have been sleeping on the floor.
2. The rooms really need a facelift in general. While the Wifi was good, having an old 4:3 format tube TV was disappointing during football season.
3. The back entrance really, really needs to be addressed. Luckily I was in a car that I didn't care about scrapping the under-carriage, but I would have been highly mad if I had been in my main car. The angle is just too steep, and it needs to be flattened out.

This property would do ok in a pinch, but there are too many newer and nicer properties in the area for me to recommend this one.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Ft Lauderdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

So, this property was selected for me by my company's travel agent and I was not impressed at all.
The staff was pleasant, but other than that I can't say too much more positive about it. The hotel did have a "distinct" smell to it as you walked through the hallways. I wish it was not in my room, but it was.
What was really strange was that there was an additional air conditioning unit in my room that was on the floor next to the TV. Does that mean my main unit doesn't work enough to keep the room cool? Not good when it is 91 degrees outside during the day.
The bed was as hard as a manufacturer can make it without calling it just plywood. Needless to say, I was excited when my alarm was going off in the morning.
If you have a choice when staying in Beaumont, make sure this is not your first one....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We arrived here late on 9/28/12, passing through on our way to San Antonio, and with no prior reservation. Booked 2 rooms. The evening clerk, Corey, was just great...very professional, personable and pleasant. Gave us all the details needed and made us feel welcome. He's a real asset for this hotel. Our check-in was very quick, which was good because we were tired. We didn't really notice too much about the outside of the hotel, and did not use the pool or fitness area. We left early the next a.m. after having a light breakfast (typical continental fare, included with the room) at the hotel. It had been raining, and because my elderly parents were traveling with us, I immediately noticed that the front entrance tile was very slippery. In our room, the bed was comfortable and clean. The bathroom floor became extremely slippery just with the moisture from the shower and I slipped. Also, the bathroom counter is small, and the coffee maker was in the bathroom. This is one of pet "peeves" -- why on earth does any hotel put the coffee maker, cups and supplies in the least sanitary place in a hotel suite?? Not only does it take up much-needed counter space in the bathroom, but the moisture build-up causes mold growth, and hair, etc. gets in and on the maker and supplies, as do any other "body fluids" from brushing teeth, etc. VERY unsanitary, and should be prohibited by sanitation regulations. We never use those coffee makers found in a hotel bathroom. Also, I was going to use the iron the next morning, but after I put water in it and turned it on, it spewed out dirty brown water/steam onto the ironing board cover. I was very thankful I tried it before putting my blouse on the ironing board! I told the morning clerk that it needed to be either cleaned or replaced, so I hope that was done before the next guest tried to use it. In any case, I saw the clerk made a note of it and she seem grateful that I mentioned it to her. Everyone we encountered during our brief stay here was very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I must begin by saying that the welcome at check-in by the GM was very warm, and made me, as a Marriott Elite member, feel recognised and appreciated. Check-in was swift and easy.
The reception area was pleasant enough and well kept, but once moving into the downstairs hall, signs of aging began to appear. The hall carpet near the indoor pool, gym and lift/elevator has seen better days. The lift/elevator itself was a little battered, not through bad upkeep, but age, wear and tear.
Our room was spacious enough, reasonably well-equipped, and free wifi is supplied. The King bed was firm and comfortable, and the bathroom clean and well presented. Again, however, it must be said that one was given the impression that a face-lift may be required throughout.
Wanting to head into central Belmont without driving, I enquired at the front desk about the local bus service which I knew passed down a street adjacent to the hotel. The clerk at the desk knew nothing of local transport, and so I was left to research this myself. I was given the number of a local taxi, I should add.
I have no real complaints about this hotel, other than to echo other reviews here, and say that it would benefit from some refurbishment. With this in mind, should I find myself returning to Belmont, which is in truth not very likely, I may consider other properties over this one before making a decision.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Got the room for a good price (Priceline.com), but found it a bit disappointing, compared to other FI's where I've stayed. Carpet is bleached from the indoor pool (what idiot put an indoor pool in Beaumont?... as if the humidity wasn't already high enough!), furniture is worn, just needs updating. Clean and, thank God, had dehumidifiers in each room. Wow, was it damp and hot... even in October. Pretty tricky location to find too... the road system there is screwy!

Room Tip: Make sure the A/C and dehumidifier is working well... you'll need it
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer C, Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback from your recent stay. Texas is a very humid state through out the majority of the year so I am glad to hear you took advantage of the dehumidifiers! We hope the humidity drops soon for everyone’s sake. It’s always a pleasure to serve you in Beaumont, TX. Again, thank you for your feedback.
Rolla, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This appears to be an older property. The rooms are alright; our room was clean; the towels felt like sand paper. What set this property apart is the people. From the clerk on duty the evening we checked in- Sunday evening (late on the 30th) until we left the following Wed- we were impressed by how professional and kind the staff was.

Room Tip: If you are expecting a property like those found in St Louis, Dallas or Little Rock you will not be...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer C, Assistant General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beaumont, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that our staff made your trip memorable. We take great pride in our Southern Hospitality. Thank you very much for your review, we appreciate your feedback.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Beaumont? Share your experiences!