“Top Class B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dredge no.7 Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nome
Dredge no.7 Inn
You added Dredge no.7 Inn to your Saves list
1700 Teller Highway, Nome, AK 99762   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Nome B&B and Inns
Littleton, Colorado
“Top Class B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nome was full of surprises. A casual frontier town for sure, but you would not know that from the quality of the rooms at Dredge #7. The B&B is situated in a strange dirt courtyard of vehicles and machines right off the highway. Do not fear! This is the flavor of Nome, but the rooms are outstanding. In fact, it was the most attractive and clean B&B I have ever stayed in. There is a tiny kitchenette (the burner did not work though) so you could bring a few groceries from town and keep them in the fridge. Very nice bed, furnishings, antiques, sheets, and towels. Truly lovely. If touring Nome, you WILL need a car and the Inn has jeeps to rent! This worked awesome for us and we rented one for 3 days (check the hours it is due back to make sure you get the full day rental when you need it) and drove out the three different dirt roads from Nome, which was the highlight of the trip. They made it easy. The town is small with few shops and restaurants so being in town is not really necessary. We easily walked into town from the Inn. Everyone in Nome was so friendly, including our hostess.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Nugget with a small kitchenette, private bath with excellent shower, on the main fl...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nome, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Due to weather I remained over night in Nome. Because of this, there were few, if any, rooms left in town. On a recommendation, I was able to get a room at the #7 Inn. I was more that pleasantly surprised. What a great place to stay. It was very comfortable, clean, roomy, and finely decorated. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will make arrangements to stay their, over any other place in Nome. .

Room Tip: It is a little ways out of town with no other facilities near, You might want to bring snacks.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed here for business but felt very much at home. I love this place makes me feel like I came home for the night. Has the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Met the owner and she is fantastic and really cares about her guests. I love the online reservation process and casual check in. My name and directions on the front board the heater was on in my room and very cozy. Love the in room kitchenette and keurig coffee maker for a nice cup of coffee in the morning. Will only stay here for future travels!

Room Tip: No bad choice that I saw
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have to admit the whole idea of going to Nome, Alaska in the middle of winter was terrifying to me. An East Coaster from the south that has been residing in Florida for the past 20 years...below zero weather was a tad bit intimidating and exciting.

My company books travel through a travel group and Nome didn't have a single hotel for the agency to reference. Imagine that. After a little bit of research I found there were really only a few choices for hotel and to be honest I wasn't sold. I reviewed #7 on the internet and requested the arrangements be made there...and what a Wonderful decision it was.

I must admit I felt as if I were in a Stephen King book when the cab driver dropped me off and left me at the Dredge in -11 degree temperatures. I had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast and my Southern manners kicked in as I knocked on a door that no one would answer. As I opened the front door I entered a dark looking room that on any sunny, summer day would have been more than inviting. You see, I don't think many folks purposefully go to Nome during the month of February so this little gem was fortunately not fully booked. For the purposes of saving money the first half of the Dredge did not have heat on and I laughed as I squeaked out a "Hello" and saw the fog coming from my mouth as I exhaled. LOL!!! Fortunately there was a board and my room information was just in front of me. I followed the map to the back and around the corner to a Lovely room! Everything about it was as charming as could be.

I believe it was my misfortune that Judy and her husband were away during my trip as EVERYONE in town knows them and thinks of them highly!

My visit to Nome was so very memorable and I plan to return with my husband. When I do return I could not even imagine staying anywhere other than the Dredge No.7. Well kept, feels like home and overall a comfortable place to stay be it business or pleasure.

I'll be seeing the Dredge again!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Santa Cruz, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This place is great- incredibly accommodating and a refreshing step up from a lot of the other options in Nome. We stayed here on business and had a great stay the entire time. The atmosphere is nice and the staff are friendly.

My one comment is that check-in was a bit confusing because we didn't find the front desk until after we had been there for a few days - but it all worked out. Also, they seem very intent on everyone using the website - which is very hard if you are trying to book on the fly from a tarmac in Shishmaref or Wales so a direct number would be very helpful.

Room Tip: They have a lot of options for shared spaces/suites so make sure you are getting what you need.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Rooms were very comfortable and clean; service was excellent. There is a main room that is comfortable and provides a lot of local history. Inn owners also have vehicles to rent which is very convenient. We looked around Nome and found this Inn to be the best bargain

Room Tip: Nothing more to add.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Beautiful property. Private. Far enough from town for some quiet, close enough to pop out for meal or meeting. Well appointed rooms. It is a treat to have WIFI in the arctic. I was traveling to Nome when there was a large regional meeting taking place. My usual hotel was full. I was thrilled to find that the Dredge 7 was available, competitively priced and much nicer than the hotel where I normally stayed. I travel to Nome each year and will always choose the Dredge 7. There are some scary places to stay in Nome. Be safe, not sorry. Choose the Dredge 7.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Dredge no.7 Inn? Share your experiences!