“We always stay at the Midtown when we travel to LaJunta.” 4 of 5 stars

Midtown Motel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   215 E 3rd St, La Junta, CO 81050   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in La Junta
Grand Junction, Colorado
“We always stay at the Midtown when we travel to LaJunta.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

So friendly and economical - the new owners welcome us and our dog with a clean room and a great deal! We travel to LaJunta maybe two or three times a year; and we're happy to find the Midtown available and welcoming our pet. We celebrated "Small Business Saturday" while staying at this hospitable "Mom and Pop" business; and we'll come back when we can.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Turners Falls, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I completely lucked into this place. Clean, quiet, safe, great price, really nice manager and staff. If I ever go back to La Junta, I will stay there again, no question. It's right in town, so an easy walk to the main downtown area. The motel has a nice, old-fashioned feeling about it. There's nothing fancy, but I found everything I needed, and the friendly management can't be beat. My room had a huge recliner chair that was comfortable to work in using my laptop. I planned to stay one night, stayed 6, because I kept finding things to do in La Junta and it just was nice to be there. I'm really glad I bypassed the chain motels and found this one.

There's an artists' co-op on Rt. 50 (don't let the number throw you -- it's just around the corner from the Copper Kettle) with some very nice stuff at very fair prices. Also, on the main street is a fair trade/thrift store combination that has some good items. Copper Kettle is great for breakfast or lunch, also very friendly and helpful. Lucy's Tacos is tiny and not much to look at, but I kept going back because the food was outstanding -- fresh, delicious, friendly, and cheap.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Enid, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed there four nights while visiting family this month. The room was clean, the bed comfortable. We had instant hot water and lots of water pressure. The manager was very helpful. We had a light bulb go out in the bathroom and he was there immediately to take care of the problem. Overall, the stay was a good experience. The only downside I saw was no outlets in the bathroom. But we will be staying there again on our next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

After searching for a motel in the Las Animas - La Junta, Colorado area, I have finally found a place to stay every month when we are in town. My husband is very picky and he gave this motel a thumbs up. Excellent price, quiet, relaxing, great staff; friendly but professional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Truchas, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is an older motel off the highway that is very well taken care of--very, very clean --and a friendly owner at the desk. Have stayed there overnight traveling between Taos and Minnesota four times. It is very Quiet so you can rest from a day on the road. Quiet and Clean a rare find for those on a tight budget or Social Security. Breakfast is a charming breakfast place within walking distance, called the Copper Kettle, and dinner is Boss Hawg at the highway. The town has great antique stores. I'm impressed with the help that take care of the place--it's immaculate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Greeley, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Reasonably priced, clean, comfortable. Close to downtown but not far from US Hwy 50. I enjoy this locally owned place as opposed to the chain motels directly on the highway. The motel is 2-story with rooms opening to the outside, overlooking the parking lot.There are a few somewhat larger rooms with king beds and either a sofa or recliner, which is the type of room I have booked each time I've overnighted at the Midtown. My room had somewhat dated wood paneling, but it was still pleasant. The bed and furniture are comfortable and in very good condition. The bath is small and no-frills, but clean and perfectly adequate. There's prompt and plentiful hot water in the tub shower, and towels/linens are of good quality. Rooms have mini-fridge, coffeemaker, microwave, flat-screen TV, and Wi-Fi included (good signal quality). I especially like the location, just a few blocks east of downtown and a couple of blocks from the local Fox Cinema. It's easy to walk down 3rd Street and find something to eat or see a movie, and prices in La Junta are very low compared to what I'm used to. Lucy's Tacos is an excellent taco stand with a wide variety of authentic Mexican food, very close to the motel, and I was surprised to see they're open early, even on Sundays, so that's become my breakfast place of choice. I get a breakfast burrito and take it back to the room. A short drive east on 3rd Street from the motel is Hogs Breath Saloon, a decent local barbecue place. In the relative context of small town eateries, I've found it to be a good choice for dinner. The motel management asks for a lot of information upon checking in. It seems like a bit of overkill, but I roll with it, and the next time I stop there they have the data on file and know which room I prefer.

Room Tip: With a few exceptions the ground floor rooms have parking spaces in front of them. If this makes a d...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed overnight, visiting family. Staff was quite friendly and helpful. Our room was ground floor and near the office and ice machine, but not at all noisy, as I had expected. A lot of pipeline workers are apparently staying here and elsewhere in La Junta, but they were pretty quiet and considerate as they left early in the AM for their shifts, I guess.
The central location is hard to beat. The rooms are simple and practical. This is our second stay, after a four-year lapse, and we would stay here yet again, next time we visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
High Chaparral Inn
High Chaparral Inn
#1 of 3 in Rocky Ford
4.5 of 5 stars 3 reviews

Been to Midtown Motel? Share your experiences!