“Taking My Business Elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Taking My Business Elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Congratulations to PBG for batting 1000 in 2014. This, of course, is the only attempt I can make at being positive regarding my experiences with this business. For the entirety of this year, I have been disappointed with the performance of the management and staff of this establishment. I have had it and it is time to vent before I stroke out. Speaking directly hasn't gotten through, so here are a few things for all the interweb to consider:

1) There has not been a single visit to PBG that I have not been told to choose something else because of an "ordering problem". Drink of choice...out of that. Backup option...out of that too. Special...out of that. Wings...out of that. Who runs out of Guiness by 7 PM on St Patricks day? What bar runs out of wings...ever?!
2) Management clearly doesn't listen. I have tried speaking up, in a polite manner, as poor service, billing mistakes, and other issues have arisen. There has been no effort to appease and the situation appears to be deteriorating. Get it together!
3) Billing...o' lawdy lawd, where to start? Why can my bill not be correct just once? The servers are clearly not empowered to make appropriate corrections when needed, to split a freaking check correctly, to apply trivia related discounts, etc. and this is leading to exceptionally slow/poor turnaround. This absolutely makes it more appealing to order less or leave early and has to be impacting the bottom line, yet it continues.
4) The bar cannot perform. Aside from the constant outages, it is an absolute gamble as to whether a drink will come out correctly. Order a bourbon and coke and it frequently comes in a pint glass. Or perhaps a manhattan appears. And lets not even get started on the absurd pricing scheme that has been set in place, even though I can't seem to get a consistent drink price.

So, I promise that I will not return until it becomes clear to me that substantial changes for the better have occurred or until PBG is replaced by a more well oiled establishment. If this means taking business to Manhattan Project, down to Santa Fe, or just staying home, I have no problem with that. Additionally, I will actively present alternatives to friends and family so that they will not experience the same poor performance that I have. Lastly, I will post this opinion on as many review sites as possible before my anger from the evening gives way to my exhaustion from the work day.

Where is that Irvine guy when you need him?

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good Food, Laid Back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Went for supper after visiting the museum. I enjoyed the Reuben sandwich, salad and sweet potato fries. Service was not bad but could have been more attentive.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Sports Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Good beer and food. Have not had a bad meal here and the servings are large. Good atmosphere and the help are happy to serve. Normally very crowed.

Visited December 2013
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Food is terrible; perhaps beer is good?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I found the food did not taste good. Not sure what was wrong with it -- bad recipes? unskilled cooks? poor ingredients. Did have a couple of good appetizers there. Brie with preserves and chips and a little fruit. They had good wine, but the list didn't have prices and no one seemed to know the prices. The restaurant is popular, so I am guessing that the beer, its specialty, is good. Don't like beer, so I am no judge.

Visited July 2013
Los Alamos, New Mexico, United States
“Good fun for a town this size”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Los Alamos has a lot of people "just passing through for work." This is a nice spot for them and for locals to hang out, enjoy some good food, atmosphere, and sports. They seem to have a nice beer selection too. Personally, I'm hooked on the fish & chips and delicious tap root beer.

• Visited January 2014