“A good place to stop for lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 41 Restaurants in Los Alamos
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A good place to stop for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on our way back from Bandelier. We weren't expecting much, but were surprised by the quality of the food and service. The menu items are pretty basic, but quantities are large. We ordered the lasagna, ribs, and burger. All were very good, and more than some of us could finish. We would definitely try it again when we are in the area.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Best food in town!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had the best lunch here!! I loved the staff very friendly very attentive, also the desserts are amazing!!! Will definitely be coming back!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Needs improvement”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

First let me say that the owner Brian is fantastic and I have LOVED Los Ojos for many,many years. I have had only one experience dining in at the Grill. It was wonderful ! Our waitress was absolutely amazing (Vivian ?) . We arrived at 6 pm and were seated promptly. Our orders were taken at just the right interval as did the arrival of our food. Excellent experience. Now, unfortunately, I have to comment on the carry out service. A group of us have ordered about 5 times since the restaurant opened with the new management. We have had a couple of good meals, but EVERY time, something was left out of the order. It has varied from small items like sour cream or guacamole to no rice with the enchiladas and no dressing for a salad. Basic items, not special orders, were overlooked. Also the portions of salsa and guacamole were VERY small. (not like Los Ojos). Sorry to compare so much but these are some of the things that are so awesome about Los Ojos. Once our order was completely forgotten and the staff seems like they are dumbfounded at times. Only one person knew how to work the register and I had one person give me change from their wallet. Skimming perhaps ? Not sure,but made me uncomfortable all the same. I've also noticed more than one employee at a time taking a smoke break outside when the restaurant was full . Who's waiting on the customers then ? I will most likely dine in again but my group will probably not order for carry out which is a shame because we are not the only folks that have had this experience and feel the same way. When the owner is present, the staff is on their toes. When he's not, it is chaotic at best. Please take this review to improve these problems ! I really want to love the Bandelier Grill as much as I have Los Ojos !

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Summerfield, NC
“Only passable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Staying in White Rock on a Sunday evening gave us two choices of restaurants. Bandelier and a pizza place. This was just so-so. Hubby had the Corned beef special and had an expensive ($12) hamburger. neither were all that good. Try the pizza place ;0
Food was expensive for quality, but quantity was good. Service was only passable too, just a local mom/pop place... not bad...not great

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Cozy restaurant, heavenly Huevos Rancheros”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Wonderful! ! This morning with a walking buddy, I had the Huevos Rancheros (Christmas!) there for breakfast - midway during our 3 mille walk! - and it was fabulous! Just prefer a flour tortilla base rather than the corn. Service by Nick was perfect - along with the coffee! Thank you and Welcome to White Rock!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere