“Great food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Arrived about 6 p m. Got seated immediately, drinks brought quickly. Placed our order and only had to wait a few minutes for the salad that came with the meal. I didn't even have time to get anything on my fork when the lasagna was brought. Salad was so fresh it was like it was just made. Lasagna was very good and tasted like it was just made also. Owner came by for a short chat that was enjoyable. Waitress came by to see if we needed anything, which we didn't, but she should have removed the empty plates that were sitting right in front of her. Paying for food was very quick. Overall a good experience that I look forward to repeating.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ojo87025, Owner at Bandelier Grill, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thanks so much for the review. We at the Bandelier Grill continually strive for excellence. We are still several weeks away from being where I want to be in terms of service and consistency, but things are much improved since we took over on 1 February. Thanks again. We look forward to your next visit.

White Rock, New Mexico, United States
“Decent food sub-par service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We keep hoping for a well-run restaurant here that also has consistently good food. With the new management coming in, I was very hopeful for this place. When I arrived, there were two ladies at the front desk helping two ladies paying their ticket, they were not busy, yet, I did not get acknowledged for a few minutes. The staff here needs to be a bit more professional and customer-oriented. It took a while also for someone to actually come take my order. I got a drink right away, then a few minutes later, another waiter came and asked if he could get me something to drink. Umm... ok. First thing I see on the menu is at the top "No Substitutions, it slows things down" This tells me, "we serve our menu, not our customer." I ordered the lasagna. When the waiter brought it to me he said, "Here's your "Luh-sah-guh-nuh". Maybe he was trying to be funny, but I think the wait-staff should pronounce their dishes properly. The food was decent, but nothing to rave about. The pricing, I believe was fair for what I got.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Montgomery, Alabama
“Good food at a very reasonable price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The City of White Rock is a small town, with few choices. However, in this town, the Bandelier Grill is a very good place to get a family meal. Table cloths are paper (crayons provided). Fair is a mixture of Mexican and American. The building is a bit old, so it is architecturally dated, but inside you will find a kind and dedicated staff that serves good food at very reasonable prices. If you are at the Hampton Inn (the biggest hotel nearby), this is about a 300 foot walk from the hotel, and makes a convenient place to grab dinner. While not a gourmet meal, the portions are ample, service is friendly, and you'll come away feeling you got a good value for your money. Of the restaurants in the area, this one should be on your short list for lunch and dinner.

Visited September 2012
Aurora, Colorado
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I were touring the White Rock area and wanted to stop somewhere for lunch. But as we were travelling with our two dogs, thought it would be difficult to find some place that would allow us to sit on their patio with them. We stopped and inquired and they said yes, they even brought out two bowls of water for our dogs as it was a very hot day. My husband had the BLT and the soup of the day which was tomato and I ordered the Cobb salad. Both were excellent, the soup was tasty and the salad was the best Cobb I had in along time, the chicken was perfectly grilled and seasoned. the service was fast and every so often the server would come out and inquire if we needed anything, which I thought was great as we were the only ones on the patio. Bathrooms were spotless. I would highly recommend stopping by if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plano, Texas
“Hey - an actual restaurant in White Sands!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We got a great deal on the Hampton Inn here and had no idea how isolated it was. There's a pizza place next door, but we didn't discover the Bandelier Grill and nearby Smith's grocery store until the last day which were hidden by some trees just off the main road.

The Grill's atmosphere is fine - slightly New Mexican, slightly American casual and seemed very clean. The menu has a few NM items. burgers, and a nice kid's menu with basic pasta. Son loved the basic pasta with cheese. Spouse opted for an enchilada and said it was ok, while I chose a simple grilled beef quesadilla. Sadly, the meat on the quesadilla was burnt and the tortilla was either cooked in the same pan or burnt as well, although the charred part
appeared to be scraped. Not really edible. Our server comped a nice slice of cheesecake for the quesadilla, but I still left hungry.

Convenient if you're staying nearby, but choose your order carefully.

• Visited August 2012