We just returned from a 4 day vacation to Castaways RV Resort in Berlin, Maryland. This resort really lived up to it's 10/10/10 rating. There were 3 of us with our 2 dogs. If you are bringing your dogs, remember to bring your current rabies certificate with you. Our site was in the Club Castaways, 14b. It did cost extra but was well worth it. The bathrooms at this area were impeccably clean and well-equipped. The showers were hot and had great water pressure. Our site was very large and paved with a spot for your vehicle. It had a stand-up grill, fire ring and picnic table. There was plenty of room. The views are amazing in this area and you can see Assateague Island from the docks. There is a private pool in this area which can be a little cool with the bay breeze. It is a very quiet area. There is also a more family friendly pool near the store. The Secrets bar on the beach was great and had reasonably priced drinks. Our favorite was the dirty banana. The shop was well stocked and they had a café in the store that had reasonably priced food. We had a very nice breakfast there. The staff is incredibly friendly. The gentleman in the check-in area who was working the concierge desk was very nice and accommodating to our needs. We rented a golf cart which was $50 a day but was very convenient and well worth the price. It came in handy when we were going to the beach with all the beach stuff, especially with a 6 year old. The Recreation Activities staff were great with our son. On Saturday, they played volleyball and football and even walked him back from the pavilion after they made flags and took him back to the beach. They really go out of their way for their guests.
Make sure you take the bus into Ocean City and meet Robert. He is wonderful with his guests and always makes it a point to say hello to everyone and makes their stay enjoyable. He is very dedicated to his job.
If you want a true resort vacation, beachfront experience, Castaways is the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Premier Waterfront Camping resort in Ocean City, Md. Perfectly seated on 50 acres of waterfront property just across the bay from the Historical Asseateague Island National park, Castaways Rv Resort and Campground offers you private beaches, on site dining, Swimming pools, waterfront Tiki Bar, a private fitness Center, and much more. Camping on any one of our 378 full hook up sites will be sure to exceed your expectations. All sites are equipped with Wifi, cable TV Hook-up, water and electric. With 4 types of campsite options, we have the perfect space for you. As Two time “Top Parks in North America “ winner and a favorite of Trailer life and Woodall’s we pride ourselves on our customer services and amenities. We offer activities for all ages including Arts & Crafts, crabbing, fishing, Karaoke, bonfires on the beach, and educational programs such as Coastal Bays and Surf ‘n’ Sands. The Eastern Shore is a unique and beautiful place for groups to come together, and we have everything you need to make your gathering special. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Castaways RV Resort & Campground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaways Rv Resort And Campground
- Castaways Rv Resort & Campground Hotel Berlin