“Friendly Staff But Uninspiring Food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Virginia
“Friendly Staff But Uninspiring Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had been hearing and reading rave reviews about this place for a long time, including from family, so I was so curious to finally check it out. I admit that my expectations were high going in. I expected to be amazed. Unfortunately, I wasn't. While the staff is extremely friendly, I found the food between average and disappointing. The crab soup was nothing I was expecting. It was just a lot of watery broth and some crab that clearly lacked any swimming skills! The shrimp pad thai was average at best. It was okay but nothing spectacular. I've eaten far better for half the price. This place clearly has many fans but, unfortunately, I don't think I will count myself as one of them. There are so many far better Thai places in the McLean/Falls Church/Tyson's area.

Visited August 2012

Nashville, Tennessee
“Hard to find, but worth the search...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hidden in the corner of an obscure strip plaza, Pasa Thai is a nice out-of-the-way eatery. Visited for lunch mid-week and the smallish dining area was bustling. The staff was very friendly and patient with our questions about the menu. Everything from the Thai tea through our appetizer and main courses was authentic and very flavorful. Glad I found Pasa Thai - now that I know where it's located, I'll be sure to return next time I'm in McLean.

• Visited July 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Love this neighborhood gem in McLean. Freshly cooked Thai dishes. Enjoy the duck curry and the pad Thai. authentic. Enjoy sitting outdoors.

• Visited June 2012
McLean, Virginia
“Consistent for years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I enjoy Pasa-Thai's food, and have visited the restaurant many times over several years. The flavors, quality and preparation have always been consistent.

The place is rather tucked away in an irregularly laid out strip mall. People find it because it is worth finding.

• Visited May 2012
McLean, Virginia, United States
“Authentic Thai”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

So glad to have this authentic Thai restaurant in Mclean. Very solid food at reasonable prices.