Stayed at this lovely updated Hilton for a business meeting at my companu headquarters at Gannett. The lobby is beautiful with a new glass hanging sculpture over the lobby bar. Reception is tucked into the side of the lobby. Four glass elevators service all of the floors and provide a good view of the lobby.
Check in took less than two minutes. I showed my Hilton Honors card but was not offered an upgrade or an amenity. Gannett puts all of their employees at this hotel, so they may see so many of us that they do not usually offer anything.
My room was on the second floor. Your door"key" is a credit card but instead of inserting it into the door, you just tap it. There are several hallways leading in different directions from the elevator lobby, although no hall was very long, so it is a short walk to your room. There was very little outside sound in the room except for slight plumbing/water noise.
The room is nicely redone with darl wood floors, dark wood table, subdued lighting and some nice new touches. Loved the small loveseat/bench/couch under the window - very retro and still fresh. Large flat screen TV on a wall swivel mount (handy if you want to work at the desk. Two large drawers in the built in dresser, which was low enough to store your overnight bag, no dragging out the suitcase caddy from the closet.
There is a tall set of drawers near the entrance to the bathroom that some people may overlook if they are only staying for a quick trip. You might miss the drop down top door that hides a coffee maker. And if you don't open the bottom door, you'll miss the small fridge. Both nice to have, even for a short stay.
The brand new ice "bucket" was actually a cool, white, square box-within-a-box. While I would prefer a bigger container, this one certainly looked fresh and clean. AND it wasn't in the bathroom, which I appreciate.
Speaking of the bathroom, this one has the newer touches of a raised counter with a shallow marble sink. The bath itslef is still very small, they did not redesign the space, only updated the fixtures. The lighting was excellent - the entire frame around the mirror lit up behind frosted glass and made for perfect makeup lighting. The bathtub was deep enough for a soak and the water pressure was fine. I'm not a big fan of a shower curtain, but this one looked fresh and it was on a curved rod. The Peter Roth toiletries are standard for Hilton - I like the larger bath bar with the massaging texture. There was no robe in the room.
The bed had crisp sheets and a very light duvet. I like a cool room, so I took down the microfiber blankie out of the baggie in the closet to add some warmth to the bed. I left the fan on all night since some hotels get stuffy. The bedside table had handy dual plus and the light switch was on the wall instead of the lamp - no fumbling under the lampshade in the dark. There were four pillow on each bed, so more than enough, although I did need to use several of them because they were very soft. I did not like the digital clock. It had a huge blue display and really lit up the room, even on the dim setting. I had to turn it away and use my phone instead. Minor detail.
We really used the hotel shuttle - it took us the Gannett every day and to the restarants at the nearby mall at Tyson's Corner every night. Very handy, although it was packed almost every trip.The trip from Dulles has improved considerably - less than 25 minutes both times for about $36 each way.
Can't think of too much improvement for this one. It isn't in a location I would recommend for vacation, but for the business traveler, top-notch!
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Mclean Tysons Corner Hotel Mclean
- Hilton Mclean Tysons Corner Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Mclean
- Hilton Tysons Corner
- Hilton Mclean
- Mclean Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you want it all, come to the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner. The Hilton McLean Tysons Corner has recently completed a top-to-bottom transformation featuring the latest and most contemporary design in our guest rooms, härth Restaurant and Lounge. Our McLean, Virginia Hotel is adjacent to Hilton Worldwide’s headquarters, so we are always in the forefront of hospitality. This provides us with opportunities to test and unveil the newest concepts and technologies, all in McLean Virginia’s Technology Corridor.Of course, location is everything. The Hilton Mclean sits just minutes from downtown Washington, DC , and conveniently located between Ronald Reagan National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport . We are minutes from the Metro, and one mile from world class shopping at Tysons Corner Mall, The American Girl store and the Galleria. Our guests enjoy easy access to major corporate headquarters, the lush landscapes of Virginia to the history and intrigue of downtown DC, Our guests are in the middle of it all at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Hilton McLean Tysons Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.