This used to be my favorite place to stay in the DC area for business. This time however, I was shocked by how sloppy the housekeeping had become. Dirty dishes weren't picked up, a wastebasket was taken away (as in, I didn't have a wastebasket), there was mold on the shower curtain, and the towels were stained. We put our room service dishes outside our room - and they weren't picked up until the next day. This is probably a reason that we had ants in our bathroom. I told the front desk all of this and they did their best to promise me that my concerns would be noted to upper management.
Although the customer service was definitely up to Marriott's gold-star standard (other than another front desk employee who gave me directions to the airport - going the wrong way), the hotel has just let itself get run-down. The carpets in my room had numerous stains and the furniture was chipped. The exercise equipment in the fitness room was also rusted, and the room itself was messy. There was a wadded up paper cup on the treadmill and a dirty towel on another piece of equipment. I know this is the guests' fault, not the hotel's, but still, it didn't help with the overall shabby feeling.
Add to this that the Internet went down twice, and it's just not worth staying here again. If this had been a hotel in a lesser chain for $69 a night, it would have been fine, but this is a Marriott and I expected more.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax Hotel
- Courtyard By Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax Hotel Mclean
- Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax
- Courtyard Hotel Mclean
- Mclean Marriott
- Mclean Courtyard
- Courtyard Mclean
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Hotel is not your typical Courtyard hotel. This new hotel is located in the heart of Tysons Corner, just 11 miles from downtown Washington DC, and is centrally located between Washington Reagan National Airport and Dulles International Airport, each just 15 miles from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.